Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 22, Summer 2021

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leftover smoked chuck roast ramen.

Click image for larger version

Name:	27F26631-3178-4D0F-BD36-B2B11B30D2D6.jpeg
Views:	263
Size:	210.2 KB
ID:	1065365

Comment

• IdSmokeThat
      IdSmokeThat commented
      Editing a comment
      Dear lord thank you for these noodles. rAmen

Put baby backs on the weber with the slow n sear at 4pm and done by 8. The temp started running away after 2 hours and became too hard to control with the lid on so was a lid a good bit on a bit off job. The webers not in the best after years outside and the vents have rusted away in parts which is what im blaming for the crap temp control
    Attached Files

Comment

Let the pastrami making commence! My youngest turns 24 tomorrow, and initially asked for corned beef and cabbage of all things for her birthday dinner! I convinced her to go with pastrami instead - she loves that too. Something about pickled meat apparently...

One flat is 4 pounds, the other is 3. I'll smoke until it hits 170 and is barked up, and then vacuum seal overnight, and into the SV bath at 195F for 4 hours tomorrow afternoon... thanks to David Parrish for turning me onto that alternative to steaming... and thanks to SNS Grills and the Amazing Ribs Pitmaster Club for the amazing "Turbo-Slow" Slow 'N Sear Deluxe Kamado in which it is currently smoking! This is my first run in the SNSK using B&B briquettes rather than lump as well. 3 chunks of post oak are under the charcoal for smoke.

Also planning burgers tomorrow night, as there will be those (my wife) that do not like pastrami on fresh baked crusty bread.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5739.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.58 MB ID:	1065411
      Last edited by jfmorris; July 23, 2021, 03:16 PM.

Comment

• Richard Chrz
        Richard Chrz commented
        Editing a comment
        Man, I need to get off my butt and do this again. How re you liking that SnS Kamado. Everytime I see yours, I get more and more intrigued to that brand kamado.

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        Richard Chrz I’m loving it. Once I lock in the temp I want to be at its rock solid and stable. I’ve thought of getting an adapter for my fan controller, but haven’t seen the need yet. And in full kamado mode it definitely holds more than my Performer.

picked up Mike Langs new book...some very interesting meals in it
      this is my first take on 2
      brisket burger with pineapple and a made a spicy mayo dressing
      . and fries..first try at fries on a pit
      cooked over fogo black bag on 2 different Hibachi s
      thought i would try it out before i cook it for the neighborhood..
      . i did kinda like it..fries..way different..and tastey
      Attached Files

Comment

I put up some Bread & Butter Pickles yesterday. 6 half-pints all together.

Name:	2EA8FCCE-451E-4638-8BF7-9FCE1E3D8B11.jpeg
Views:	235
Size:	133.8 KB
ID:	1065451

Comment

• Jim White
          Jim White commented
          Editing a comment
          Yum!

My mother made such good ones. And I loved them on her smash burgers.

• smokin fool
          smokin fool commented
          Editing a comment
          Seems all mothers know how to make these.
          My grandmother, mother and all my aunts all made some pretty serious B&B pickles.

• SheilaAnn
          SheilaAnn commented
          Editing a comment
          Jim White smokin fool when life gives you cucumbers…….

I must like it if I made it twice in one week..... fish tacos....

(If you're not into cabbage, like me, thinly slices radishes go wonderfully on fish tacos....they add great crunch and a delightful freshness.)

Name:	IMG-4898.JPG
Views:	230
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	1065489

Comment

• SheilaAnn
          SheilaAnn commented
          Editing a comment
          And sometimes a bit of heat! Which can be tasty, Ever tried watermelon radish?

• Michael_in_TX
          Michael_in_TX commented
          Editing a comment
          I have not....I just looked it up. That would go really well with tacos.....and the inside of it is absolutely gorgeous!

• SheilaAnn
          SheilaAnn commented
          Editing a comment
          They are stunning, I eat them like potato chips when I am able to get them! I also love them on a sandwich for that crunch factor (like the tacos).

Hot dog night!

Beer brats, after the boiling was done I extracted the onion & bell peppers out of the beer bath for fixings. Also did some corn in a sous vide bath for 30 minutes & finished it on the hot grill along with the brats after they boiled in the beer
        Attached Files

Comment

• SheilaAnn
          SheilaAnn commented
          Editing a comment
          My takeaway is the "offera candle" (correct term?) lit next to the condiments 💕

Here’s what I do: I take my onions and cook slow and low to really get them almost creamy. THEN, I add beer. Brats go in to just set the casing. THEN, finish on the grill, turning often to not split the casing. Love that you added the orange bells. I am guessing a bit of sweetness to the party. YUM! Now I want brats!
          Last edited by SheilaAnn; July 23, 2021, 08:26 PM.

• BradNorthGA
          BradNorthGA commented
          Editing a comment
          SheilaAnn I don't know what exactly the candle is called, my wife is into them. I know the image on this one is "Santa Muerte" but I don't know much about it

I also cook the onions for a bit before adding the beer, I feel like they could go a bit longer though
          Last edited by BradNorthGA; July 23, 2021, 08:53 PM.

A Friday Night Regular...Raw Oysters on the Half Shell, Clams, Mussels and Garlic Bread. Served with Garlic, White Wine, Light Cream Sauce. Thickened with Garlic, Lemon Zest Bread Crumbs. Herbs from the Garden

Name:	IMG_5852.JPG
Views:	230
Size:	178.4 KB
ID:	1065581Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5855.JPG
Views:	225
Size:	139.9 KB
ID:	1065579Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5868.JPG
Views:	227
Size:	146.7 KB
ID:	1065578Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5867.JPG
Views:	239
Size:	177.7 KB
ID:	1065580Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5872.JPG
Views:	237
Size:	166.3 KB
ID:	1065577

Comment

I'm not sure that whichever 23 year old Kayitlyinn designed this label thought to think a bout this, but without holding it out at arms length I can't see that "jar made from", so it looks like Real Mayonnaise 100% Recycled Plastic. Not good graphic design, Cayitlyynn.

Click image for larger version  Name:	374CADB0-92FB-42D4-9776-261CB5AB09F0_1_201_a.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.48 MB ID:	1065599

Anywhoo, Breakfast burger on GriddleBot for dinner:

Click image for larger version  Name:	6FBAEEE8-6ED2-49A9-B8BB-33D856E1AFA8_1_201_a.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.89 MB ID:	1065601

Plus the 100% plastic Mayo, natch.

Click image for larger version  Name:	F2D2C4C5-D818-44CD-B68C-25CC6D09730D_1_201_a.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.27 MB ID:	1065602

Click image for larger version  Name:	A16ECB22-ECC2-41D9-B07C-9ACAE5721D82_1_201_a.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.00 MB ID:	1065600

Pro tip, put the egg on the bottom and you'll actually taste it unlike last night's where I put the egg on top:

Click image for larger version  Name:	F2DDF89B-B174-461A-94D4-316101F95FD2_1_201_a.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.55 MB ID:	1065603

Comment

• SheilaAnn
          SheilaAnn commented
          Editing a comment
          Graphic Design: 🤣

Smoked Buffalo Shrimp 🍤 along with Buffalo Cauliflower and Caprese salad! Summertime deliciousness!
        Attached Files

Comment

• Michael_in_TX
          Michael_in_TX commented
          Editing a comment
          The color on that cauliflower just a perfect "buffalo" color!

Did some Banana boats on the Pitbarrel last night. I should have used bananas that were riper and cooked them a tad bit longer. But it was fun and everyone enjoyed them Click image for larger version

Name:	40808EC4-F5F1-44B3-99FD-596884CEE991_1_201_a.jpeg
Views:	216
Size:	167.3 KB
ID:	1065682Click image for larger version

Name:	DD880AEC-BD64-4EFA-933E-2CDBF8B2393F.jpeg
Views:	220
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	1065683Click image for larger version

Name:	85B591B8-1E53-4030-88B3-4C7C1F00CBA8_1_201_a.jpeg
Views:	223
Size:	180.8 KB
ID:	1065681

Comment

• fzxdoc
          fzxdoc commented
          Editing a comment
          What a fun dessert. Good idea!

Kathryn

• Michael_in_TX
          Michael_in_TX commented
          Editing a comment
          Now that is cool!

I think it is time for some north woods pork belly.

I am going to throw these in my carnitas tacos later in the day, for the gang. The wives are going out on the boat for a cruise all afternoon, the Dads and Uncles are in charge of the kids and lunch. Well...........Uncle John, has lunch under control, not sure about the kids.....not my department.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2482.jpeg Views:	10 Size:	2.58 MB ID:	1065692

Name:	IMG_2491.jpeg
Views:	210
Size:	225.7 KB
ID:	1065723

Comment

The other night we made some killer Pallea out on the Kettle. Shrimp, Calamari, sausage and all the pallet fixins'. This was a great meal and really fun to cook.

Name:	IMG_2455.jpeg
Views:	223
Size:	179.8 KB
ID:	1065697Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2461.jpeg
Views:	219
Size:	219.7 KB
ID:	1065698Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2456.jpeg
Views:	224
Size:	188.0 KB
ID:	1065699Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2463.jpeg
Views:	213
Size:	192.6 KB
ID:	1065700

Comment

• Henrik
            Henrik commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice one John! Love a paella, it’s a great dish!!

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks, Hank! First batch I have made. This was a fun cook to do. Henrik

Niece's birthday party meal, pork side racks. Warming up, loading, and in "cook mode" The finished product
          Attached Files
          Last edited by jpgosse; July 24, 2021, 04:33 PM.

Comment

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice rig!

• Henrik
            Henrik commented
            Editing a comment
            Indeed, nice rig!

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Looks great!

Happy belated birthday!

Coupla pics of the finished product or yesterday’s pork butt cook
          Seven hour cook temps ran between 280-310.
          Took to an inside temp of 170 and wrapped in foil with some red lager then took them up 210.
          Literally fell apart removing from the foil, added the juices to a bottle of bbq sauce and a can of root beer in the slow cooker.
          It was a winner
          Attached Files

Comment

• Skip
            Skip commented
            Editing a comment
            I bet that RB and BBQ Sauce are killer!

• smokin fool
            smokin fool commented
            Editing a comment
            Skip As long as its a good BBQ sauce, I've cheaped out a few times and it was noticeable.
            Root Beer, Dr Pepper, Coke all do the job along with the juices from the foil.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here