Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC)- Volume 21, Spring 2021

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoked a couple of racks of duroc St. Louis cut spares inspired by Malcolm Reed's method. Flavored with hickory wood chunks on the Smoke Vault. Very happy with the results - great taste, texture, and moisture. Served with roasted potatoes and salad (not shown).

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210510_015243034.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	302.4 KB
ID:	1029784

Name:	PXL_20210510_015746137.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	235.7 KB
ID:	1029785

Comment

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks great! I also never let the green stuff touch the protein.

Name:	image_143776.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	1029901 Ground beefshort ribs,ground bacon
    reverse seared topped with fried egg,tomato and homemade burger sauce🤠
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Canadiansmokesman; May 10, 2021, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Grabbed the easy left overs cook. Grilled pork steak salad.

Name:	1466491E-4AAC-4F75-8B71-8C0A12380306.jpeg
Views:	345
Size:	187.9 KB
ID:	1029925

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
      Dr. Pepper commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks healthy, Richard.

This started off as an attempt at chorizo and potato tacos. It took a couple of colorful turns. First, when I was shopping at the UF meat market on Friday, they didn't have any chorizo on hand. They did have something they labeled as cajun sausage. So I went with that and when I fried it up today, I added lots of cumin seeds, an onion, lots of chili powder, a serrano pepper and a chipotle with some adobo. And then the potatoes that had been on hand the longest turned out to be purple potatoes from the CSA, so in they went. Cabbage? No, I went with rainbow chard! The result was damned tasty and of course required the Tricerataco taco holder.

Name:	2021-05-10 18.20.04.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	311.8 KB
ID:	1029929

Name:	2021-05-10 18.19.30.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	1029928

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Even though your food looks great Jimbo, I get a kick outta your Tricerataco holder! Love it! I’m thinking me and you should have some corporate discussions about a possible merger with PJ’s Paper Plates. The opportunities are endless!
      Last edited by Panhead John; May 10, 2021, 07:03 PM.

I also added some pecan and cherry smoke to my granola recipe.

Click image for larger version  Name:	3ECFF4DF-4412-43DB-89DE-051EF0F31179.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	711.8 KB ID:	1029948Click image for larger version  Name:	B2FFA749-FA1F-4E96-A4C8-F209A4211837.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	651.1 KB ID:	1029947

Last edited by Richard Chrz; May 10, 2021, 06:18 PM.

Comment

• Mark V
      Mark V commented
      Editing a comment
      I make my own granola also, always have it on hand. Will have to try smoke!

Smoked and seared some pork chops on the Grilla Kong tonight. Came out quite tasty.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Giant chops, or are those mini-roasts????

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      Loin chops?

Found some leftover duck meat..... Whipped up a batch of pasta......

Name:	PXL_20210511_020038932.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	263.6 KB
ID:	1030044

​​​

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      The master of duck. I'm so trying to do duck, I'm spoiled by the roasted ones I buy in the Asian markets. Great presentation as usual E.

• ofelles
      ofelles commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks awful good. I make something similar.

This plating will most likely make it to the next newsletter! Not! This is definitely a K.I.S.S. meal. Had a late appointment, so nothing fancy. Lemon, garlic, Greek seasoning, olive marinated chicken. The rest is obvious. Tasty stuff!

Name:	7D47CEC3-5B10-447B-87B9-E040C6F8689E.jpeg
Views:	310
Size:	135.7 KB
ID:	1030069

Comment

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah… it’s hard to follow Ernest
      That’s why I’m making leftovers.

• Dr. Pepper
      Dr. Pepper commented
      Editing a comment
      Simple real food. Looks great. It's what we eat most days. Nicely done.

Now that we are finally allowed to meet people in the garden in the UK We've had a few BBQs. I shared my Pulled Pork in my welcome thread (before I realised how this one works. Sorry!). Last weekend I got my Butcher to spatchcock a couple of chickens that I then put on the BBQ.

I set my Chargriller Wrangler up for 2 zones. Once everything was up to temperature I popped the chicken on the Indirect side, closed the lid and let it cook to almost temperature.

Name:	PXL_20210503_110224977.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	1030100
    I then flipped them and put them skin side down over the heat.

Name:	IMG-20210503-WA0007.jpeg
Views:	311
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	1030099
    The final result is below:

Name:	IMG-20210503-WA0009.jpeg
Views:	371
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	1030098

It went down very well with the friends and the wife. I think what added to the flavour was that while I was cooking the chicken on indirect heat I threw on a wood chunk to add a bit of smoke flavour.

I actually didn't use any rub or anything on these. My local butcher has absolutely fantastic tasting chickens in their own right and doing it this way means my 15 month old son can eat the chicken too without me having to worry about salt contents and all that!

Suggestions and comments welcome.

Comment

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      I’d eat that!

• Dr. Pepper
      Dr. Pepper commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks delicious. When folks formally spatchcock a chicken they cut out and discard (or save for soup) the backbone. I like to simply cut on one side of the backbone with my kitchen shears, and leave it attached to the carcass. Tasty meat and crispy skin along the backbone is one of my favorite pieces, and nobody notices that I've put that on my plate while I'm carving!

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks great!

For Mother's Day my wife asked for chicken street tacos. When I went to the store they had a sale on filets, so I had to grab them too. Marinated both meats overnight and then smoked the thighs on my RecTeq until they were about 130°. I got the weber nice and hot with the GrillGrates upside down and quickly seared the steak and chicken. It all turned out great and so happy I have both grills to play with.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      I like what you did but where are the street tacos ??

• Tmorrison80
      Tmorrison80 commented
      Editing a comment
      I was to busy stuffing my face a d didn't get a picture of them as I plated them.

So I forgot to take some thing out of the freezer to cook, went on a shopping expedition and found this sirloin tip
    Dusted it up with Sucklebusters Texas 1836 and my dry rub
    On to the BKK using Jealous Devil chunk with Pecan chunks
    Gusty winds today so see where the temps go trying for 270
    Attached Files

Comment

This mornings bake.

Name:	85C326F6-4FFE-47ED-B897-6DB907DBF2AF.jpeg
Views:	297
Size:	205.0 KB
ID:	1030240

Name:	CD58AC0B-5373-4C7D-9557-F539FFA52CD4.jpeg
Views:	291
Size:	186.3 KB
ID:	1030239

Name:	DF673D44-FCD5-4D1F-8EAE-06366BB3ABB0.jpeg
Views:	286
Size:	205.0 KB
ID:	1030241

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        I wanna know who eats all this bread? Marvelous !!!

• Richard Chrz
        Richard Chrz commented
        Editing a comment
        Troutman thank you, with you and other people telling me I should sell them, I decided to see if there was any interest. A few weeks back I offered 2 up for sale, now I am 2 -3 plus weeks booked out and getting close to 40 orders total, with some getting back on wait list for their third order.
        Last edited by Richard Chrz; May 11, 2021, 03:41 PM.

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        WOW !!! Dude that's fantastic !!

Tres fini
      one sirloin tip
      on the grill for two hours, hard to regulate the temp here today in these gusty swirling winds
      Inside temp got up to 146 before I pulled it
      Letting it rest for an hour or so before I cut into it
      Attached Files

Comment

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        Can't wait for the cut!

Dessert, a strawberry posset, called strawberry dream by chef John. This was really easy and it
      is phenomenal, perfect for summer. If anyone makes it, it does take time to set up so leave it overnight,
      not just 4-5 hours.

Name:	posset.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	1030343

Comment

My friend gave these short ribs to me from cows that he raised. I'm impressed with the marbling!
        Attached Files

Comment

• SheilaAnn
          SheilaAnn commented
          Editing a comment
          The marbling is so intricate, looks almost "wagyu-like"

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here