Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC)- Volume 21, Spring 2021

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We brought dinner to my parents' place for Mother's Day. My mom likes chicken parm, so I made chicken parm.
    Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there!!

Chicken parm, baked penne, grilled Caesar, green beans:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-7106.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	120.0 KB
ID:	1029448

Name:	IMG-7098.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	137.7 KB
ID:	1029447

Name:	IMG-7099.jpg
Size:	138.3 KB
ID:	1029449

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      That chicken parm looks killer !! Got to make me some, haven't done so in a while !!

• gboss
      gboss commented
      Editing a comment
      Troutman, thanks! It was my first time making it. I used a buttermilk brine overnight. Flour, egg, then fresh breadcrumbs/parm. Shallow-fried it before baking. I was very pleased with the results!

Biggest Ribs I have ever made. My 6 inch wusthof boning knife for comparison.
    Attached Files

Comment

Picanha two ways. Seasoned with Malcolm Reed's TX rub and MOJO Beef. Of course my helper wanted to be a part of the cook!
      Attached Files

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        My favorite way to do picanha, good work !!!

• theroc
        theroc commented
        Editing a comment
        Live fire cooking! Looks fantastic. Aiming to cook the picahna in our freezer the same way next weekend.

Leftover dino rib, sweet potato hash, with local farm fresh eggs sunny side up. Was going to be on the kettle and flat top accessory from Hunsaker,but after a good day of blessings seeing my parents and my mother in law for Mother’s Day, I cheated and did it inside,

Name:	60F87D72-D8B0-4F20-AC6E-B9580B7145E9.jpeg
Views:	368
Size:	251.8 KB
ID:	1029464

Comment

Took Pork Shoulder to the in-laws for Mother’s Day.

Name:	AAE50F01-08D6-401E-9B5C-665192FC73D8.jpeg
Size:	162.5 KB
ID:	1029469Click image for larger version

Name:	7F47D90F-5286-4BC1-858B-3FB180F2A732.jpeg
Views:	350
Size:	174.0 KB
ID:	1029470

Comment

Name:	PXL_20210510_003216039.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	237.4 KB
ID:	1029474

Comment

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice !!

Did a couple of pork tenderloins on the kettle and used the vortex. It ain’t just for wings ya know. Stuffed one with jalapeños and wrapped in bacon. The other marinated in Good Season’s Italian Dressing and dusted both with a good helping of Tony C’s. Cooked to an IT of 150*. Both came out crispy, juicy and tasted great.

I don’t like to brag, but a lot of ya know I was married to Patti Labelle for a while. And as ya also know I’ve been a big supporter of her frozen products, sold only at Walmart. Tonight I had her okra stew as a side, again, which is fantastic, you’d never believe it was frozen. Even though we’re divorced, we remain on good terms. 🙄. And folks, trust me on this, if you like Bob Evans or Kraft Mac n Cheese, they can’t hold a candle to my ex wife’s. If you like Mac N Cheese, try the Patti Labelle stuff, you’ll never go back. It’s a little pricy, but worth it. That’s all, carry on.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Ain't doubtin th quality of Patty LaBelle's, some th rest was rather warmin, though!

• Bkhuna
          Bkhuna commented
          Editing a comment
          I have one of her cookbooks. Legit stuff.

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Bkhuna, will search one out, thanks...

Even without a cookbook, she was always 'Legit' enuff fer me, Amigo...

Grilled some flank steak, nopales, and corn yesterday. Make tacos with the steak and nopales and made elotes. Also made some tomato chile de arbol salsa. Threw in the last of the Christmas tamales. A nice cold Bohemia beer to wash it all down. Click image for larger version

Name:	Taco night.jpg
Views:	357
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	1029610Click image for larger version

Name:	taco de nopales.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	1029611Click image for larger version

Name:	Plata.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	1029612

Comment

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          I like the cactus addition, very Mexican flavor profile !!

• theroc
          theroc commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree that the grilled nopales look great. Did you dress them at all, or just add the nekkid?

• Bkhuna
          Bkhuna commented
          Editing a comment
          theroc - Just a tiny bit of oil, salt, pepper. They pick up a nice smokiness from the grill.

Smoked some beef short ribs and a brisket this weekend. Everything turned out awesome.
        Attached Files

Comment

Gator - 225 for 6 hrs.

Recipe - https://howtobbqright.com/2020/08/21...-gator-recipe/
          Brining bag - https://www.usplastic.com/catalog/it...x?itemid=35234
          Alligator - https://www.cajungrocer.com/
          Review - something different, a show stopper, and pretty good meat.
          Attached Files

Comment

• barelfly
            barelfly commented
            Editing a comment
            👀 wow

• theroc
            theroc commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh my.

• PNWsmoke
            PNWsmoke commented
            Editing a comment
            Dont see that everyday... ok never
            thumbs up

Well hope everyone had a great Mother's Day. Nothing special happened at the Troutman house but I did cook Mama a good meal. Had an American Wagyu chuckie that I SVQd to medium rare (our usual) then seared it over oak wood coals. Made some big hassleback potatoes that I smoked along side of some brussel sprouts. Finally laid it all down on a bed of sautéed mushrooms in wine sauce and topped the meat with a compound butter. Below is my plate, I could only finish half. Leftovers tonight !!!

Name:	chuckie 01.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	160.1 KB
ID:	1029709Click image for larger version

Name:	chuckie 02.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	162.6 KB
ID:	1029707Click image for larger version

Name:	chuckie 03.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	174.0 KB
ID:	1029705

Name:	chuckie 05.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	146.6 KB
ID:	1029708Click image for larger version

Name:	chuckie 04.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	148.4 KB
ID:	1029706

Comment

• Ernest
            Ernest commented
            Editing a comment
            Looks like someone can cook

• Andrrr
            Andrrr commented
            Editing a comment
            As always, well done.

• Dr. Pepper
            Dr. Pepper commented
            Editing a comment
            Beautiful!

I haven’t been cooking "post-worthy" stuff lately. Just getting dinner on the table, weather has been too nice and I’ve been enjoying getting out on the bike in the evenings.

But, I was able to get a wonderful Pork Loin Roast yesterday on the kettle - this was perfect pork! Tender, juicy and great flavor with Oak Ridge BBQ’s Secret Weapon rub.

Name:	B93FA7AD-A848-418E-95E9-EA4FB1F6BE39.jpeg
Views:	356
Size:	206.1 KB
ID:	1029712

Comment

Originally posted by grillinglousiana View Post
            Today i cooked on the MB 560 and Weber 22
            Ribs/in fridge overnite with my apple rub.
            Beans. show all the items i put in them
            and Bacon Wraped Corn...had to do it.
            everone seemed to enjoy the meal
            Have mercy..Mr.Bones..i havent heard that in decades..77 today..thanks for the strole down memorie lane

Comment

glitchy shared this Jess Pryles recipe with me the other day Meaty, Cheesy Tex Mex Meatballs – Jess Pryles and I made some minor adjustments/additions: 50/50 ground beef/lamb, 1/2c diced onion, 3 cloves garlic, 2 tsp mexican oregano, 1 egg beaten. I ran out of time for mexican rice, which I thought this would be perfect to serve over, but heated up some refried beans and they were an adequate substitute. I cooked them in Spartacus with some hickory chunks. Very tasty and very rich.

Name:	Balls.1.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	135.4 KB
ID:	1029726Click image for larger version

Name:	Balls.2.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	217.0 KB
ID:	1029727Click image for larger version

Name:	Balls.3.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	236.3 KB
ID:	1029728

Comment

We had Mother's Day with 2 of our kids and their spouses on Saturday afternoon. Sadly, we missed having our youngest daughter and husband there, as our 3 month old granddaughter got admitted to the hospital on Friday afternoon, and spent Friday and Saturday in the hospital getting IV antibiotics. She has a bad UTI and the pediatrician was concerned. She is doing much better now, and we saw them on Sunday afternoon.

First, for Mr. Bones I present my crockpot of beans - pintos, cooked for 5 hours in chicken stock, with a pound of Porter Road "bacon ends" added for flavor and protein - these were a lot bigger hit than I expected them to be for a simple bag of dried beans!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5023.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.67 MB ID:	1029761

And of course, while not mandatory, something beyond beans is often desirable for a meal, so I threw down smash burgers and grilled onions on the flat top. Also grilled/toasted buttered buns, but I never got a single picture on my phone after the flip or cheesing of the burgers. I was just too busy cooking, as usual! It started raining and I had to do a grill swap to get the griddle under cover after the food was already cooking. I think I did about 28 burgers, in two batches. They had a nice beautiful crust, and were made following Meathead's Diner Burger recipe (pepper, garlic powder and onion powder as mix-ins to the meat, salted on the griddle).

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5025.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.84 MB ID:	1029760

Sides included the aforementioned beans, chips and dip, salad, and plenty of beer, some wine, and my son got into my stash and started making whisky sours... even was making simple syrup in a skillet to get it done. I think the last kids went home about 10 hours after they arrived. On Sunday morning I awoke with a headache and was very tired, but I manned up and hopped out of bed as spry as I could, to take care of mama bear on her special day!
                Last edited by jfmorris; May 10, 2021, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here