Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Adventure Continues: Welcome to PaulsRibShackBarbecue.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brother, I am absolutely delighted to see all yall's Hard Work payin off so handsomely!!!!
    Yer an inspiration to us all!!!!

Comment

Sounds like a winner already Paul!

Comment

Congrats. It's great when someone puts in the work to become successful, and even better when I feel I know the person.

Comment

Congrats! Love reading your stories and where this journey is taking you.

Comment

Good luck brother my journey continues too, currently working planning permission for my smokehouse!

Comment

What a journey!

Originally posted by PaulstheRibList View Post
            Our trailer arrived late October 2016. It's still really pretty, but a few things have broken. Like the slide out on the generator tray. Putting that 300 pound big honda in the bed of my truck and taking it out for every move is, well, a lot of work! I changed the new slide out, but had to make 2 runs to the store, turning what I hoped would be a 30 minute project into 2.5 hours.
            In the past, my company has outfitted commercial, first responder and military vehicles with custom slide out trays. While I've exited that sector, I can hook you up with a couple of companies that can set you up with a slide that will outlast your trailer. I still get calls from past customers looking for tips on removing and reinstalling into replacement vehicles because my 800 number is on the slide. Just drop me a PM.

Comment

• PaulstheRibList
              PaulstheRibList commented
              Editing a comment
              Will do!!

• PaulstheRibList
              Editing a comment
              It won't let me send you a PM...
              Dude, Thanks for thinking of me!

Yep, that 300 pound generator is a strain on the slide. I'd love to get some info on upgrading our slide!

[email protected]

Thanks, again!
              paul

• N227GB
              N227GB commented
              Editing a comment
              Email sent!

Our to do list on the RV includes an eating tour of LA. You will be one of the stops - probably multiple stops till we sample the entire menu. Keep living the dream, amigo...

Comment

I’d like reservations for two please.

Comment

Paul - Congrats. You have worked very hard for this and deserve all of the success you will receive. Keep posting photos of your happy customers.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7162.JPG
Views:	204
Size:	202.8 KB
ID:	574472
              Running a business is FUN! It's also a lot of work n such. One of the fun things I like to do is promote events and such that I care about in my business. I'm doing just that for the 1st two weeks of October, giving away 50 tickets to a Christian concert night for my favorite artist, David Crowder.

If your memory is really sharp, you may recall that I and our Rib Shack crew have already cooked for Crowder...TWICE! This will make #3, and we are pumped!

If any of you want to drive to Lake Charles, Sunday, Oct 14, I'll buy your ticket to join us for that night! Plus, you can help me cook for the artists and volunteers that night!

Here are the first 20 winners! We had 69 entries so far, and there's 10 days to go!

Name:	IMG_7210.JPG
Views:	211
Size:	185.4 KB
ID:	574473

I really love Crowder and his friends at Six Step Records. Here is a good sampling of the CD's, Books and DVD's from him and those guys from my shelf. I've given away hundreds of their books, cd's and talks. I'll update ya'll with pictures of our cook!

Name:	IMG_7201.JPG
Views:	203
Size:	129.5 KB
ID:	574474

Comment

Hey My friends!

Guess what? We got some more smokers here at Paul's Rib Shack!

I bet you can't guess what type of pits, can you?

If you said Stickburner, you've been keeping up with our little bit of barbecue fun!

Not just any stickburner, either, but from Austin Smoke Works, started by John Lewis, Sr. 1,000 gallon propane tank conversions, with huge, insulated fireboxes and gigantic draw-inducing stacks of glory, painted RibShackRed!

Well, I'll just let you take a look at them. This is the first picture that he sent me of the finished work:

Name:	IMG_9647.JPG
Views:	191
Size:	174.6 KB
ID:	600662

What do ya'll think! Sam and Colin accompanied me up to outiside of Austin. It got cold! Nevertheless, we spent about 90 minutes taking pictures and talking before the load-up started.

Name:	IMG_9744.JPG
Views:	196
Size:	174.8 KB
ID:	600654

Name:	IMG_9759.JPG
Views:	229
Size:	183.6 KB
ID:	600655Isn't Portrait Mode fun!

Name:	IMG_9770.JPG
Views:	220
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	600656
                And, yes, they are shiny! Since the firebox is insulated, we can go with a 2-part automotive paint, which should be good to 500 or so degrees.

Name:	IMG_9751.JPG
Views:	210
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	600658

The straight-up reflection only pic!

Name:	IMG_9749.JPG
Views:	213
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	600657
                This one is so gorgeous! Shame it's missing the Paul's Rib Shack hat. The wind was blowing and the hat just didn't cooperate fully!

Name:	IMG_9764.JPG
Views:	218
Size:	151.9 KB
ID:	600659

John Lewis, Sr. has retired and handed the reigns to Jimbo Glass. They have been building the pit's at Jimbo's shop for the last several years, and I am Jimbo's first customer on his own. These are pits # 1 and 2 from Austin Smoke Works by Jimbo Glass.

Name:	IMG_9792.JPG
Views:	188
Size:	184.5 KB
ID:	600653

They are nearly 4' wide, so I had to borrow a Gooseneck trailer to go pick them up.

Name:	IMG_9818.JPG
Views:	216
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	600652Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9821.JPG
Views:	222
Size:	141.4 KB
ID:	600663

And, of course, we had to stop at Bucc-ees for a pic! This is pit #8 or #9, I'll have to recount, that I've purchased in Texas and brought back, every one with a stop at that Disney World for rednecks, Bucc-ees!

Name:	IMG_9830.JPG
Views:	194
Size:	111.1 KB
ID:	600664

Next Post I'll unload them and we'll decorate for Christmas!
                Attached Files

Comment

• PaulstheRibList
                  Editing a comment
                  RonB we used one of them for turkey breasts on Thanksgiving morning! I'll share that soon.

• JCBBQ
                  JCBBQ commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Those are two magnificent beasts!! Congrats!

• tbob4
                  tbob4 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Paul, I'm sorry to be the one to say this. I don't think the color is right for you. If you want to drop them off at my house, I promise to paint my house red!

PaulstheRibList ..... wow, amazing pits ... those things are beautiful!

Comment

Wow! The cooking capacity you have is amazing! Great looking pits! Have fun and good fortune to you!

Comment

Gorgeous! And you have made your wood supplier very, very happy as well as the rest of your purveyors! Those smokers can handle a lot of meat.

Comment

"SMOKING" That is just amazing. Look forward to what's to come.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here