Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Adventure Continues: Welcome to PaulsRibShackBarbecue.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AWESOME looking establishment !
    Best to ya,,,,
    I bet you will be adding more chairs and tables and expanding the parking lot before you know it !

Comment

Great stuff Paul. I am very happy for you and your crew.

Comment

Looks like a marvelous place! Great job and by am I jealous of your energy!

Comment

Everything looks pro to the max! The most important burning question..........

where can I get a hat?
          Last edited by FireMan; October 6, 2019, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Congrats and good luck.

Comment

Grand Opening next Saturday, October 12th! Then, we'll open 4 days a week. I'm tired just thinking about it, lol!
              Click image for larger version  Name:	opening flyer2.png Views:	1 Size:	833.5 KB ID:	752420

Here's the Promo Video of my friend who leads this rockin band!
              Last edited by PaulstheRibList; October 5, 2019, 11:04 PM.

Comment

• HouseHomey
                HouseHomey commented
                Editing a comment
                Your hard work and dedication to your faith, family and others is truly inspirational. I wish you fantastic success!!!

Oh Man! I do wish I could be there for your Grand Opening Paul. However, it's a bit too much of a drive from the East Coast...

Comment

Well, I'm so tired. For real. This project has been all-consuming. This year, I've worked more than I ever have in my life. And I'm not one to shy away from work. Lots of 80 hour weeks, and a handful of 100+ hour weeks. But, finally, we are up and running. And the place looks, well, Fantastic!

It's better than I imagined. We pained over all the details. It was not simple, and I'm not a genius. I asked our group for input all the time. My eldest daughter helped a bunch. And we took some pictures, my photographer/web person, did. And I want to share them with you guys!
                Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9396 - Cropped.png Views:	13 Size:	843.4 KB ID:	764602

This is to the left when you walk inside. Our huge Live-Edge Pecan Table is on the right, with the Pallet Art American Flag above it. You can see the Louisiana decor in center, and a 4 part pic of a giant Beef Rib on the far wall. The outside of the building, our Pits, our Trucks are all RibShack Red. But inside, it's more neutral with our fantastic Sinker Cypruss and Pine Trim as the Crown and the Beam Covers. The chairs provide the Red on the interior.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9266.jpg Views:	13 Size:	5.32 MB ID:	764595

The Live-Wood Edge Pecan table is a centerpiece. I saw it and my heart went pitter-pat, and I knew it would be a real statement as people enter the front door and see it. I put the Flame of Freedom in the corner closest to the door. I love that table!
                Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9241.jpg Views:	12 Size:	4.72 MB ID:	764603

We needed somewhere to put drinks and beer. Plus, with counter service, I'll need something to set off where the line is. So...a pair of stainless drink troughs! I saw this idea at Truth BBQ in Houston. It's pretty, interesting and super useful. Love it!
                Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9284.jpg Views:	12 Size:	5.36 MB ID:	764597

Here's the view as you turn to your right and enter "theLine" Merch table and menu in front of you, and our storyline pictures on your right. You long-time Pit members will have seen just about all those pictures at some point or another in my 8 year BBQ journey. I'll make a longer post on the storyline another time, maybe.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9279.jpg Views:	12 Size:	5.52 MB ID:	764604

Here's the view from behind the serving counter. I've showed you guys the custom shaped cutting board at the end before, if memory service. Well, here is the whole setup. We can put 2 guys cutting at the end, and you can see the twin cutting boards atop the big board, and the twin heat lamps. It's a tight space, about the same size as our trailer. But it works well..
                Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9301.jpg Views:	12 Size:	3.75 MB ID:	764596

Here's the outside view of the serving counter, complete with a reflection of my truck sitting just outside. It's so pretty. The sneeze guards are super cool, and were, like everything else, super duper expensive, lol. Again, more Sinker Cypress lumber provides all the trim.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9289.jpg Views:	12 Size:	5.05 MB ID:	764598

We'll step outside now to where all the action happens: The Pit Room! Here are the Twins: Our pair of 1,000 Gallon Austin Smoke Works pits, with the Flame of Freedom between them, shining all glorious and all. The pair of pipes to the right on the ceiling are the exhaust pipes for our new Big Myron Mixon smoker.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	Pits.jpg Views:	12 Size:	8.63 MB ID:	764600

Just another relaxing day laying around on the smoker...
                Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9612.jpg Views:	12 Size:	2.61 MB ID:	764601
                As we step out the backdoor, the New World unfolds: the Magnificent Oak Trees! I didn't know what to do to protect the roots, and keep people from tripping on them, so we put a deck over the roots. I'm so glad we did! The deck is the extension of the Meet-N-Greet section, and lets you get right up on the tree trunks. I put galvanized pipe custom handrails on the cedar posts on the back porch. And when it became clear we needed to make a border on the back deck, and around the trees, we just rented the pipe threader again, broke out the checkbook at the plumbing house, and build a super cool handrail border around the deck! I'm good at threading pipe now, and my helpers are even better!
                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9327 - smaller.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	764640

Now, the Icing on the cake: #theBackyard! Oh, this is why we picked this spot. I went to this catering gig last summer (2018) and we were able to park the trailer in the shade, cook all day in the shade, and the guests all ate in the shade. So I thought, dude, we need some shade! So I prayed, and asked God to give us some shade to cook and make friends under. I started driving around my city for 30 minutes a day looking for a wooded lot that was overlooked. Or maybe buy two old houses and tear one down. I found a lot of cool trees, but all with significant limitations, like the wrong part of the city, or the wrong position to give us shade in the afternoon. Then, God provided and we found this place, in the perfect area and with the absolute Perfect Majestic Oaks! So great!!!!
                Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9358 - smaller.jpg Views:	12 Size:	1.07 MB ID:	764599

Well, I'll have more pics to share, but I'm super tired and it's time to go to bed.

Let's all count our blessings, for they are many.

Thank all of you for sharing in this Journey with me!

We cooked 29 briskets today and sold 25 of them. More this upcoming Wednesday, to kick off another Barbecue Week.

Why are we doing all this?

Because #LifeIsMoreFunOntheRibList

Last edited by PaulstheRibList; November 3, 2019, 07:51 AM.

Comment

All the hours and effort and attention to detail are justified in the end result. It truly is an amazing feat and beautiful setting. The world is your oyster um... think that should be BBQ.

Comment

Awesome! So cool to see your hard work and passion come to fruition! I look forward to more stories coming from your new bbq spot!

Comment

• PaulstheRibList
                    PaulstheRibList commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks scottranda! I love sharing the new stories!

Oh, You'll have to go see my friend John Lewis in Charleston next time you are near there and let me know how you like it!

Phenomenal job. I wish we had something like this here in the Boston area.

Comment

Magnificent. Truly. A perfect example of how following one's dream, with a lot of vision, patience, and hard work, can make it come true.

It's one of the nicest BBQ places I've seen. I wish you all the best.

Kathryn

Comment

• PaulstheRibList
                    Editing a comment
                    fzxdoc, you are so kind! I'm so pleased you liked it. It came out better than I had hoped!

Wow, wow, wow!

Comment

They will come! 🕶

Comment

More great stuff Paul. After all the travels you have shared with us, you are off on another journey that I hope will bring you great joy.

As a side note, what are you doing with the leftover briskets? Are you serving them the next day? If not, you could chop them and make brisket chili, or brisket mac and cheese or something else. Or maybe they would be a nice donation to a local charity that serves the poor.

Comment

• PaulstheRibList
                    Editing a comment
                    The big Vacmaster 540 is helping us keep the leftover whole briskets safe and sound. Can sell them, use them for quick turnaround events, or donate. Still working on converting the leftover proteins into sides and specials. Just need a little time. Boudin from the whole pork butts is underway now!

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here