Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC)- Volume 20, Winter 2020/2021

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reverse Seared Tri-Tip on WSCG
    Attached Files

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Could be my favorite steak these days.

• SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      Well done! I mean.... you know what I mean 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

On the fourth day of brisket...A toasted SRF Gold waygu and pepper jack sandwich from the air fryer. No special toppings, but beat Arby's Brisket sandwich :-)

After the sammie all that was left was a big end cut of point that got shredded up into one brisket enchilada in the pan of chicken enchiladas that night. Three of us managed to consume an entire 15lb packer in 4 days, it will probably be a while before I cook another one after eating brisket twice a day for that long. All intentions when I bought it were for it to be cooked for a gathering, but after 6 plus months in the freezer and guessing the place I got it from had it for a while, I wasn't going to risk holding it any longer when it cost more per lb than a lot of steaks.
    Attached Files

Comment

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh man!!!

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      glitchy having just brought an air fryer your grilled cheese is right up my ally
      Did you butter the bread before putting it in the fryer or does it go in plain.
      This sounds like my lunch today

• glitchy
      glitchy commented
      Editing a comment
      smokin fool I lightly buttered the outside just like doing it in a pan.

All this talk of burgers and ciabatta......here ya go. CI sear, shreddy letty, grated fontina, toasted ciabatta bun.

Click image for larger version

Name:	667558BE-65FD-4BEB-9F00-56B979C0E874.jpeg
Views:	367
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	969621

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
      Dr. Pepper commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, Panhead John, there is always a new iPhone! Seriously, the only reason I (and so many others) upgrade our iPhones is for the latest cameras. I have a 16 month old 11 Pro (not a Max, but the camera is the same) and the difference between that and my wife's 30 month old model Xs is very noticeable. 3 lenses, one wide angle, one 'zoom', one standard, and much improved low light capability (side by side comparisons.) I'm resisting trying the new 12!

• SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      Panhead John honestly, not much. I take the picture on the iPhone7. I go to EDIT and CROP as needed. I click the AUTO button and the picture adjusts. Then I post. I also noticed that since I have been editing, the pictures always come out right side up, as opposed to sideways like we discussed a while back.

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      Dang man! My stomach just grumbled. Love fontina too!

First attempt at fajitas on the Camp Chef flat top. Love this cooker.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Great lookin heaps o fajitas, Brother!

Been tellin yall, bout these flattops, fer years, lol

Have Big Fun with yers, amigo!

• jpietrantone
      jpietrantone commented
      Editing a comment
      Mr. Bones Thank you sir! The fajitas were really good! Honestly I didn't know how much I would use one but have used it every day since getting it a week ago. Everything has been really good.

New Year. New Prime Rib.
    I’ll just let the pics do the talking. 😁 Click image for larger version

Name:	815C2144-4432-40FA-8282-D0B8B2552A8A.jpeg
Views:	368
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	969724Click image for larger version

Name:	1E751130-C095-4E32-A25A-FAC98F13F42B.jpeg
Views:	357
Size:	165.9 KB
ID:	969720Click image for larger version

Name:	8C8C04B0-FD7F-4BE7-A7A8-2CF06BCCA809.jpeg
Size:	167.4 KB
ID:	969719Click image for larger version

Name:	57720D91-FF9C-4FA2-BB32-3E0EA15BC663.jpeg
Size:	147.2 KB
ID:	969722Click image for larger version

Name:	DD060290-B6A7-4255-A9BE-C2DE96A90DB2.jpeg
Views:	376
Size:	203.6 KB
ID:	969723Click image for larger version

Name:	3FFB95EA-67EF-49D4-B5C7-301A060155EA.jpeg
Views:	373
Size:	141.5 KB
ID:	969721

Comment

• fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      It's speaking to me big time. That's what I call a Major Meat Moment.

Kathryn

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      That would make a nice sandwich.

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      Your talking my language....
      Outstanding!!!!

Chicken thighs marinated in Wegman's cilantro lime marinade and Malcolm Reed's Grande Gringo seasoning. These were yuuuuuum!
    Attached Files

Comment

Day 2 of Porkstrami. Sliced and steamed and served on a roll with pickled Anaheim chiles and the best deli mustard. The previous saltiness was tempered by the steaming

Name:	319EA6C6-E8FE-4692-9FD9-456F5D5FD791.jpeg
Views:	382
Size:	225.6 KB
ID:	969752

Comment

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks great and agree on the mustard!

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Well I'll be damned, you got me there. Never done a porkstrami, I may just have to do that. Nice change of pace !!!

• fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        What-strami? I'm heading off to find your previous post. That looks terrific.

Kathryn

Smoked Aleppo pepper sausages:

Click image for larger version  Name:	8E69FCBB-6A7B-4BA8-BC94-946514F2C79B_1_201_a.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.82 MB ID:	969769

A little patchy on the color, since I had to crowd them on the kettle quite a bit. I probably didn't need the SnS in there for this. Smoked at 235ish for about 2 hours and then dunked in an ice bath.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2D046110-C970-4324-B222-F6C80D6DAC64_1_201_a.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.56 MB ID:	969771
      Super juicy.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	A21652AA-50DF-4DF3-A48D-138349CC2656_1_201_a.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.88 MB ID:	969770

Somewhat inspired by HouseHomey 's andouille recipe. A couple of tweaks and I think I'm on to something here.

Comment

• SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        I can make sausage. I may not be the best at piping, but I can nail flavor profiles. Looking forward to the write up!

• fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm looking forward to the writeup. Looks like you got a nice tight pack there.

Kathryn

• HouseHomey
        HouseHomey commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks great? Did you back off the diced fat back and the "whomping?" The smoke looks great too. This thread man. I’m starving now.

Seared albacore with sauteed oyster mushrooms and roasted cauliflower with cumin and cilantro. Fish from Sitka Salmon Shares.

Name:	PXL_20210107_022957840.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	182.1 KB
ID:	969779

Comment

• HouseHomey
        HouseHomey commented
        Editing a comment
        Are you kidding me with that tuna? Looks melt in your mouth perfect. I ate all Maine quickly.

• theroc
        theroc commented
        Editing a comment
        HouseHomey - I'm curious how you prepared your albacore.

• HouseHomey
        HouseHomey commented
        Editing a comment
        I poached mine because I LOVE tuna.... like canned albacore for salads and sandwiches. Poached at about 170° in olive oil, shallots, garlic and herbs with a few slices of lemon. Took a while like 2-3 hours. I then Flaked it and added stuff and ate it on Ezekiel bread. Once poached, I made several different types of "tuna." Spicy, nuts and another with citrus and herb. The best was the roasted garlic n onion with pequillo peppers.

Still getting the hang of this new kettle

Cornish Microchickens came out good.

​​​​​​Didn't quite get the sear I wanted on the flank steak.... But didn't want it to get anymore done.
      carne crosta was super delicious

Name:	IMG_20210106_194451.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	161.1 KB
ID:	969815Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210106_195340.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	217.2 KB
ID:	969816Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210106_195346.jpg
Views:	440
Size:	194.8 KB
ID:	969817Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210106_200157.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	224.8 KB
ID:	969818

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice, I too love those Cornish game hens. Try stuffing them with wild rice, very nice.

• HouseHomey
        HouseHomey commented
        Editing a comment
        Chicken looks great but it looks like your vents were not wide open. Or "very wide open." It looks like the fire wasn’t hot enough for the sear, at least I think that’s what you mean? Man I love those micro chickens. Micro... lmao. Funny.

Haven't been cooking that much outdoors due to the weather, but since my wife is pregnant and craving sweets and we got addicted to the Great British Baking Show, I've been busting out some baking skillz

Citrus Meringue Pie
      Tart Bourdaloue (poached pear tart)
      Chocolate & Peanut Butter Buche de Noel
      Attached Files

Comment

• theroc
        theroc commented
        Editing a comment
        Outstanding!

• SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        Well played on all three. That pear tart.......👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Beautimous Stuff, indeed...

Atypically, I am nearly at a loss for words...

Mad bakin / decoratin Skillz. Brother

Lookin forward to more, please...

Name:	00530EFB-3C11-480B-9CAA-0205D23F421A.jpeg
Views:	350
Size:	146.7 KB
ID:	970249Click image for larger version

Name:	4BB619F9-3E2F-4357-BC0D-A4F8C10CBC5A.jpeg
Views:	333
Size:	139.0 KB
ID:	970250

Took the kids up to Tahoe this weekend for their first sledding experience. Once they went to bed mom and dad cooked up a couple good meals! Chicken Supreme made with home made chicken stock on night one. Steak Au Poivre the second night!

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Outstanding Jake T !!! 3 thumbs up !!

• HouseHomey
        HouseHomey commented
        Editing a comment
        Steak and brandy for the win!!

Getting chillier out so I made a pot of Great Northern White beans with tasso. Enjoyed every spoonful !!!

Name:	white beans 01.jpg
Views:	435
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	970289

Comment

• SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        And yummy bread for sopping up the last bits! Great looking meal!

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        JakeT Tasso is a regional thing. Hugely popular in Louisiana and mainly south Louisiana......to a lesser extent Southeast Texas. It’s from the hog shoulder and is seasoned and cured. Very tasty, one of those cuts where a little goes a long way.
        Last edited by Panhead John; January 7, 2021, 08:17 PM.

• fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        Tasso ham and beans is one of the reasons why I'm glad there are pigs on our planet. And Rancho Gordo.

You're killin' me with that photo. I would so love to dip my spoon into that.

Kathryn

More Wok cooking. Serious Eats Beef and Broccoli
      Attached Files

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        How strange just have that for dinner tonight, yours turned out really nice.

Hunan Beef, a/k/a Beef in Oyster Sauce with Scallops.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20210108_014522227-01.jpeg Views:	21 Size:	2.34 MB ID:	970331
      Last edited by Dewesq55; January 7, 2021, 10:43 PM.

Comment

• HouseHomey
        HouseHomey commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes!!

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here