Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC)- Volume 20, Winter 2020/2021

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas Prime Rib...turned out primo using Meathead’s technique.
    Attached Files

Comment

Well, this is a couple of days late, but this is my December 26th cook, for my son's 26th birthday. Fajitas using marinated flank steak and Huskee 's awesome fajita spice rub recipe, and Korean Fried Chicken Wings (Dakgangjeong) from America's Test Kitchen. The pictures don't do the wings justice. Those was requested indirectly by my daughter in law on behalf of my son, as his favorite thing I've ever made, AFTER I already had prepped the fajita fixings for the evening cook. The blend of gochujang, toasted sesame oil, ginger and garlic, with the super crunchiness of the twice fried battered wings, is something else.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3974.jpeg Views:	4 Size:	3.36 MB ID:	964429Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3975.jpeg Views:	4 Size:	2.82 MB ID:	964428Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3976.jpeg Views:	4 Size:	3.47 MB ID:	964432Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3977.jpeg Views:	4 Size:	3.77 MB ID:	964431Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3979.jpeg Views:	4 Size:	2.95 MB ID:	964430Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3978.jpeg Views:	4 Size:	4.10 MB ID:	964433Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3981.jpeg Views:	4 Size:	2.56 MB ID:	964427
      Last edited by jfmorris; December 28, 2020, 04:53 PM.

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        They shoulda gone with my PJ’s Premier line of paper plates.
        And the food does look awesome!

• tcarlberg
        tcarlberg commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks phenomenal!

• Old Glory
        Old Glory commented
        Editing a comment
        OMG that looks amazing!

Click image for larger version  Name:	D470A144-8D91-47D7-AE83-71484E34C6B2.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.92 MB ID:	964487 Dry aged Berkshire pork chops from Allen Brothers tonight. Wifey wasn’t feeling well so on my own. Dry brined for about five hours, then hit with a pork rub I get from my butcher, then into the SV pool for about two hours. Seared in a skillet to finish. Very, very yummy. Sides were of the microwave variety so not photo worthy. Sorry for the lousy photo. I was hungry and dug in before I remembered the pic. 🤦

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks good to me! I see your Secret Santa BBQ sauce back there?

• Jfrosty27
        Jfrosty27 commented
        Editing a comment
        @Panhead John

Yes! Bob’s Bitchin BBQ. That one is his RBQ. RB stands for Root Beer. Really tasty. Check them out. About 8-10 varieties. Great stuff.
        Last edited by Jfrosty27; December 28, 2020, 08:33 PM.

16.5 pounds of sliced/chopped maple bacon!
      Attached Files

Comment

First cook on the SnS kettle - choice rib roast.
        Crust was awesome.
        A little pecan wood was great.
        Over shot the internal temp a bit and it came out medium..... But my cousin called it "damned delicious" and my wife had seconds....

So I'll take that as a win on a new grill with $4/lb meat

Also had Cesar salad and fried rice to clean out the fridge. Click image for larger version

Name:	20201228_182747.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	964532Click image for larger version

Name:	20201228_182906.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	964533Click image for larger version

Name:	20201228_183445.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	139.9 KB
ID:	964534
        ​​​​

Comment

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          Great looking meal! What did you think about the new kettle?

• BFlynn
          BFlynn commented
          Editing a comment
          Love the new kettle.

Held temps at a steady 225!
          Lid thermometer was surprisingly close to Fireboard.

So far, so good

Hunan Chicken in Spicy Ginger and Tomato Sauce. I posted this dish once before. I think it was the first dish I cooked in my new wok on my new gas range. It came out a lot better tonight. Side was Jasmine rice.
        Attached Files

Comment

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          Great minds and all .... did stir fry chicken with broccoli and Bok Choy over jasmine rice last night. On the new gas range.

• Dewesq55
          Dewesq55 commented
          Editing a comment
          ecowper - How are you liking the gas range so far, Eric?

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          it is much different than electric. I had forgotten how much different. I love the constant, steady heat on the stove top. I love taking my cast iron to 450-500 degrees with almost no effort or wait time. Clean up is awesome. Control of the heat is awesome. Still learning my way around the oven, which is not so easy as the electric oven was.

Stuffed Roasted Cornish Hen...With Roasted Asparagus.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5356.JPG
Views:	335
Size:	155.5 KB
ID:	964561Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5365.JPG
Views:	307
Size:	174.5 KB
ID:	964562

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
          Elton's BBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Ahh yeah.. Looks dang good!

Threw some chicken on the Weber tonight. Cooked them indirect for about 50 minutes and then crisped the skin up for a minute or two before pulling them over the coals. Used some Myron Mixon Honey Money rub before the cook and finished six of them with some Schmiggity’s Original (local sauce - if you can get your hands on some online it’s awesome stuff on Chicken)
        Attached Files

Comment

When the csa gives you copious amounts of cilantro, you make chimichurri! Served over left over rib roast. Boursin creamed rainbow chard (more csa extra). Not shown: creamy mashed potatoes.

Name:	BD4C5F17-4AE5-4D61-969E-1DDFA8BB6C74.jpeg
Views:	318
Size:	157.8 KB
ID:	964617

Comment

​State Fair classic... Funnel cake bougiefied with a DRIZZLE of salted caramel sauce..... That's gourmet language for ya.... Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20201227_074957275.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	280.4 KB
ID:	964635

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
              Elton's BBQ commented
              Editing a comment
              Masterchef next....

• troymeister
              troymeister commented
              Editing a comment
              Looks like Gourmet Brains...lol...Outstanding!!

It’s a chili cooking day. Chicken is getting a brief kiss of smoke and then will go with those chopped veggies into the Instant Pot for some green chicken chile. The chuck roast will stay on the PBC for around 2-3 hrs and then will be made into my Texas chile.

Name:	613205CE-D850-4E30-AB0E-7F55E9A64DC5.jpeg
Views:	328
Size:	215.5 KB
ID:	964732

Comment

Name:	20201229_122426.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	964817
              This is not about the omelet made with leftover Brisket. It's about the Misen Carbon Steel Pan that I got from my Secret Santa aka Thunder77. Honestly it works better than the non-stick pan that I "used to" use. Thanks again Joseph!

Comment

• Thunder77
                Thunder77 commented
                Editing a comment
                Awesome!

• Skip
                Skip commented
                Editing a comment
                Get this Pan everyone!

A couple things in the past week or two that I have made. I keep forgetting to get in here and post any pictures!

Appetizers for Christmas Eve dinner (buffalo chicken cups, jalapeno popper cups, pineapple teriyaki meatballs, candied bacon, bacon wrapped smokies) and teriyaki yakisoba on the flattop another day.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by tamidw; December 29, 2020, 01:47 PM.

Comment

• Thunder77
                Thunder77 commented
                Editing a comment
                That all looks delicious!

• Panhead John
                Panhead John commented
                Editing a comment
                +1

Cashew chicken. Wok outside. When it’s 35F it’s still warm in front of the wok.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Dewesq55
                Dewesq55 commented
                Editing a comment
                That looks delicious!

• barelfly
                barelfly commented
                Editing a comment
                I cant wait for my new CS wok! That chicken looks legit! A bit of cornstarch or just wok and oil? Good meal right here!

• Thunder77
                Thunder77 commented
                Editing a comment
                Wow. Just Wow!

Was wanting to do something other than chicken tonight so I decided on pork tenderloin. I was looking for an herby-roasty flavor, so I seasoned it with pepper, EVOO, and herbs de provence. (I didn't salt the tenderloin as I thankfully noticed that it was very much pre-brined.)

I've been struggling with getting a good sear lately. I either don't sear enough or I sear way to much and getting to heavy char (i.e. burned) territory.

I wasn't paying attention and I lit too many coals for the SnS. I did a full chimney and I should have only done a half-chimney. So I had a pretty good fire going. I did one minute one side of the tenderloin, flipped it over and did a minute on the other side. I then did about 20 seconds on the "smaller" sides.

I ended up with a killer roasty/crusty sear. No char. It was perfect. Just look at this:

Name:	IMG-4390.JPG
Views:	272
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	965015

The cook was not perfect. As I said I had twice as many coals going as I should have. As such, the temps in the Kettle got to 420 degrees for most of the cook (when I really wanted around 325). Thankfully, it didn't do much harm. The thinner part of the tenderloin was more done and not pink (but still very juicy -- this tenderloin was pre-brined, which helped that I am sure) by the time the thicker part got to 140.

I paired it with a Balsamic-Honey reduction sauce that, while a bit sweet for me, paired very well with the herbs de provence seasoning. The combination had fig-like notes to it that was very interesting.

Name:	IMG-4394.JPG
Views:	296
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	965014

Comment

• RustyHaines
                RustyHaines commented
                Editing a comment
                Looks beautiful. That sear is excellent.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here