Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 25, Spring 2022

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also did a chuck roast on the grill for me to nosh on this week while my other half asked for nachos, so made him some grill nachos.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220327_171247.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	162.6 KB
ID:	1196900 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220327_172226.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	1196901 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220327_172211.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	148.5 KB
ID:	1196902

Comment

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      Now yer speakin my language! Hail yeah!

• willxfmr
      willxfmr commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't suppose the position of SkipsSonInLaw is open by any chance?

The Ultimate Manwich - left over smoked meatloaf reheated with some Old Country Hot and Spicy and some added red pepper flakes for more heat. Topped with Famous Dave’s Spicy pickles ( love those). Ignore the Pringles, lazy tonight and easy dinner. This sandwich rivaled some brisket sandwiches I’ve had at a much cheaper price to boot.
    Attached Files

Comment

St. Louis Ribs and some Poor Man’s Burnt Ends (chuck roast).
      Attached Files

Comment

Serious Eats flank steak fajitas with grilled jalapenos, red peppers, and onions. Topped with guacamole, cheddar, chopped white onion. and cilantro.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3152.jpeg Views:	108 Size:	224.3 KB ID:	1196968
        Last edited by Old Glory; March 28, 2022, 06:44 PM.

Comment

• Mark-B
          Mark-B commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks awesome!

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          Those are some serious eats alright !!!

• texastweeter
          texastweeter commented
          Editing a comment
          That looks amazing! Heavy on the jalapeños too, just the way I like them leave the membrane in for me please, I'm on my way.

Home made marinera hand cut noodles, and wild game meatballs (red stag and piney woods rooter)
        Attached Files

Comment

Pizza night. We are thick crust fans. Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20220327_233209915.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	189.0 KB
ID:	1197041 Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20220327_234916533.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	212.2 KB
ID:	1197042 Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20220327_235158471.MP.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	202.4 KB
ID:	1197043

Comment

• texastweeter
          texastweeter commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks good enough to eat!

• Bogy
          Bogy commented
          Editing a comment
          BTW, thought I would mention that the pizza was actually cooked on a baking stone at 500, the pizza pan is just to hold the pizza while being assembled and and after being removed from the oven.

Some Absolutely Delicious Spare Ribs Tonight. Truffled Duck Fat Potatoes and Grilled Romain Salad with Homemade Dressing. Oh Yeah!!

SnS Oak Smoked 5 hours with with B&B Competition Logs and B&B Briquettes.

I went to an Old School butcher on the West Side of Chicago to get these wonderful ribs at $2.99LB. The tips we're almost as big as the rack. That will be a meal for another day.

These were among the tastiest and juiciest ribs I have made in a very long time.

These were also for Mr. Bones

Name:	IMG_6705.JPG
Views:	385
Size:	172.6 KB
ID:	1197054

Name:	IMG_6704.JPG
Views:	330
Size:	192.8 KB
ID:	1197056 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6702.JPG
Views:	324
Size:	150.3 KB
ID:	1197055

Comment

Cubano night once again. Smoked some pork tenderloins, went with some store-bought swiss & ham. I don't really know what a truly "authentic" Cuban is exactly, but I go with pork + ham + swiss + pickles + mustard as being the base as I've always been told it.

I have gotten to where I really like to use baguette bread for my Cuban sandwiches. I lightly coat the tops & bottoms of them with ghee, which helps the bread crisp up but I don't have to worry about it burning in the panini press.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by BradNorthGA; March 28, 2022, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Brisket on the PBC, my very first cook with the help of everyone that responded to my introduce yourself post! I hung it in the PBC at 4am and by 8am my in-laws had invited themselves over for dinner 🤣 - even the vegetarian had some!! Pulled it off the grill at internal temp of 205 at 3pm to rest in a cooler and ate dinner by 5:30. I used the BBBR and Texas Barbecue Mop sauce which I made using the recipes here. Thanks everyone for your help with this one 🍻.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Baltimorelger
            Baltimorelger commented
            Editing a comment
            Looks fantastic!!!

• jfmorris
            jfmorris commented
            Editing a comment
            Beautiful results! Outstanding! Keep up the good work.

• Dr. Pepper
            Dr. Pepper commented
            Editing a comment
            My lord, you nailed that! Juice and bark.

Click Akaushi Flat Iron Steak. Served with oven roasted potatoes and green onions along with a bowl of posole rojo and a glass of port. I should have taken a picture after cutting into strips but after tasting the first cut I didn't care anymore - it was sooo good and tender I dove right in. I've had Click's ribeye too and it was amazing but I think the flat iron is now my favorite.

Click image for larger version  Name:	click_flatiron.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.13 MB ID:	1197078

Tried a new photo spot on the counter but the under cabinet lights didn't help. I'll try again with them turned off.
          Last edited by 58limited; March 27, 2022, 08:02 PM.

Comment

• willxfmr
            willxfmr commented
            Editing a comment
            The ribeye from Click was the best steak I have ever made. To hear you like this better makes me want to test that out for myself. Thanks for sharing!

• DTro
            DTro commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice cook! Flat iron wins for me too.

• ofelles
            ofelles commented
            Editing a comment
            Posole Rojo!! The steak ain't bad either.

Breakfast scramble this morning and bacon. Click image for larger version

Name:	EE9B6512-6E91-4153-A024-6DCC7D69C9ED.jpeg
Views:	307
Size:	227.6 KB
ID:	1197126

Name:	69C7BA76-E213-4247-8504-6707DCC1C7A6.jpeg
Views:	308
Size:	280.0 KB
ID:	1197125

Comment

• willxfmr
            willxfmr commented
            Editing a comment
            Heaven on a plate.

As a follow-up to my tri-tip cook, Day 2's steak cook was a small Picanha my wife and I split. This was a smaller and less spectacular cook to Caffeine88 's but came out perfect none-the-less. I still prefer whole roasts to skewering but I ain't hating on this method one bit !!

Click image for larger version  Name:	picanha 01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	628.3 KB ID:	1197191 Click image for larger version  Name:	picanha 02.jpg Views:	0 Size:	620.4 KB ID:	1197192 Click image for larger version  Name:	picanha 03.jpg Views:	0 Size:	715.4 KB ID:	1197193 Click image for larger version  Name:	picanha 04.jpg Views:	0 Size:	666.1 KB ID:	1197194 Click image for larger version  Name:	picanha 05.jpg Views:	0 Size:	6.87 MB ID:	1197196 Click image for larger version  Name:	picanha 06.jpg Views:	0 Size:	7.62 MB ID:	1197197 Click image for larger version  Name:	picanha 07.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.36 MB ID:	1197195

Comment

• jfmorris
            jfmorris commented
            Editing a comment
            Troutman I was just wondering, as I knew you had a 26" kettle, wasn't sure about 22's.

It looks fun cooking with wood like that. I've got the Performer with the old thermoset plastic table top though, so I worry a little about getting the fire too big and melting the plastic table!

• DTro
            DTro commented
            Editing a comment
            Good lookin' cook and pictures!

• Towering Inferno
            Towering Inferno commented
            Editing a comment
            Looks fantastic! Where do you get your Picanha? We really lack meat shops where I live.

Just some taco meat and refried beans on the kettle. Click image for larger version

Name:	20220327_202301.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	384.7 KB
ID:	1197273

Comment

• ofelles
            ofelles commented
            Editing a comment
            Just!?!

We took our kettle on road and cooked up some Tri-tip, chicken and hot dogs for my son's football team at a local park. It was a nice day for some grilling and football!
          Attached Files

Comment

I did the Rao’s Lemon Chicken with roast cauliflower/dates/pine nuts. Thank again barelfly for the recipe!

Name:	DC5518B7-E1F7-4E45-9F96-94F3A06B6BBA.jpeg
Views:	277
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	1197320

Comment

• barelfly
              barelfly commented
              Editing a comment
              excellent! That looks great with addition of the Cauliflower! Hope you enjoyed it!

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here