Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 25, Spring 2022

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nasty hail and thunderstorms with possible twisters to hit us tonight. Banged this out as my daughters birthday request. Lamb chops, garlic parm cauliflower puree, roasted corn, grilled asparagus, and sourdough breadsticks. Pardon my plating but never been one to give a hoot about how you fit it on my plate since I am gonna shovel it in my craw anyway.
    Attached Files

Comment

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      Troutman I upgraded to my son's old phone which is about 5 years newer than my old one, lol.

• Old Glory
      Old Glory commented
      Editing a comment
      Magazine cover shots. Food looks great!

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Tell her happy birthday!

Did about 85% of this grilled meatloaf recipe, served with romesco sauce : https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...-comfort-food/

We think the wet/dry/meat ratio was a bit off since we weren't following the recipe exactly leading to a less-moist result vs what was desired. But thats something that can be tweaked

Hadnt made a loaf coated in breadcrumbs before. So THATS how you get a crust...

In the end,, we liked what we had.. lots of textures, better than the typical smooshed meat paste that some loafs are based on, but still room for improvement for next time

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220321_201209.jpg
Views:	577
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	1193512 Click image for larger version

Name:	20220321_201846.jpg
Views:	549
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	1193513

Comment

• SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      Ain’t mad at ya…. Keep working the recipe until you hit the sweet spot! Looks good from this end, though.

Except for ketchup. But that’s just me 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• bunky2021
      bunky2021 commented
      Editing a comment
      One of my favorite dishes...nice work!

Orange Roughy poached in lemon and orange juice with sweet potato air fries.

Name:	20220321_175757~2.jpg
Views:	562
Size:	155.3 KB
ID:	1193519

Comment

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      Omg i love orange roughly, but can never find it here.

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      texastweeter I had never had it before. It was very good but I read that it's not a sustainable fish so I probably won't buy it again.

Hey, welcome to the Spring Show Us thread!

Today I grilled up some "Squealer" burgers, made with a blend of ground beef and bacon from Porter Road, who label it "Beef Vs. Bacon." "Squealer" was the name given to a very similar burger by the old-school burger joint Tookie's in Seabrook, TX, where I used to live.

This stuff is super dense out of the package, so I pulled it apart by (gloved) hand into little chunks for seasoning and reassembly into patties, taking care not to overpack. PR doesn't give the ratio of beef to bacon, but it's gotta be a lot of bacon in there.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220321_183530.jpg Views:	0 Size:	6.05 MB ID:	1193531

2-zone mode, brought the patties up to a bit above 150F/65C on the indirect side, then seared for a little over a minute per side, with cheese going on for the last minute.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220321_184758.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.85 MB ID:	1193526
    Tons of fat and juice during the cook, check out those glistening surfaces and all the liquid in the grates.The bespoke GrillGrate slotted spatula is the shiz for this.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20220321_185338.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.05 MB ID:	1193529
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20220321_190530.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.59 MB ID:	1193527
    Flat grates were about 550F/288C when I moved the patties over to sear. Final temps were about 165F/74C.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220321_190628.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.00 MB ID:	1193532
    Deliverables! Broke out some of our Hatch green chile from last fall's stash to top 'em off. Absolutely delicious!! Highly recommend this blend, but you do have to mitigate the extremely dense pack.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20220321_191056.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.78 MB ID:	1193525

Name:	20220321_191439.jpg
Views:	542
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	1193534
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20220321_191621.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.21 MB ID:	1193528
    Last edited by DaveD; March 21, 2022, 07:47 PM.

Comment

• DaveD
      DaveD commented
      Editing a comment
      No kissing up involved, this was pure self-interest! I've been a NM chile addict for 20+ years now...

• Old Glory
      Old Glory commented
      Editing a comment
      You got purdy burger

• Sid P
      Sid P commented
      Editing a comment
      Hell yeah! Green chiles on a burger are the best!

While you, my friends, were cookin' your hearts out for Bones, I was too, but I was stuck cooking for the Irish side of the family, the in-laws. So, on with the American classic corned beef and cabbage to appease the Irish diaspora

Name:	IMG_8943-Edit.jpg
Views:	567
Size:	161.3 KB
ID:	1193542

and my absolute favorite, cooked the morning after, corned beef hash.

Name:	IMG_8977.jpg
Views:	546
Size:	191.4 KB
ID:	1193544

Oops, someone snuck in a tomato mozzarella salad.

Name:	IMG_8924-Edit.jpg
Views:	550
Size:	264.6 KB
ID:	1193543

-- and please don't think a libation or two didn't get swallowed for the Bones.

Comment

• Sid P
      Sid P commented
      Editing a comment
      That salad pic should go straight to a cookbook.

• bunky2021
      bunky2021 commented
      Editing a comment
      That salad looks good enough to deserve a spot at the table. Just saying...

Speaking of salad, I'm growing some sweet basil plants this spring as gifts for friends who enjoy cooking. Not a big deal but just doing it for fun.

• DTro
      DTro commented
      Editing a comment
      bunky2021 The salad made it to the table and didn't last long. Basil is a great gift idea. I'm sure it will be appreciated by those on the receiving end. I know I would.
      Last edited by DTro; April 11, 2022, 06:51 PM.

A riff on something Troutman posted … Beef Stroganoff:

Name:	A8D34548-12C4-41C4-AC60-649E3F768CE0.jpeg
Views:	546
Size:	138.5 KB
ID:	1193564

Comment

• MBMorgan
      MBMorgan commented
      Editing a comment
      Troutman - Thanks! This one was basically your recipe with SVQ Angus chuck steak and fresh made Fettuccine. Also used Merlot instead of a white and canned chicken stock because I didn't have any decent beef stock on hand. Also, no cilantro. All in all, a damn good dish.

• ofelles
      ofelles commented
      Editing a comment
      Making some this coming weekend for the Daughter and her partner. Love the stuff!

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Darn @Toutman. I just cooked a thing tonight based on his recent posts. It sure tasted delicious. Yours looks delicious, too.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2E5B6ADB-FB64-420F-B0DE-9E6EEF8C7E07.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.90 MB ID:	1193581

Followed SRF recipe for Dijon glazed corned beef, horseradish cabbage and potatoes and some Thomas Keller glazed carrots. Great St. Patty’s day!!

Comment

Pastrami beef ribs! I used Meatheads pastrami rub. Fun experiment and very tasty.
      Attached Files

Comment

• SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        Shut up with these pictures….. I love you.

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yowzers!!!!!!!

• bunky2021
        bunky2021 commented
        Editing a comment
        Eric2662 for the win!

2 hunks around 8 pounds of shop bought corned beef. Desalinated and rubbed with MH pastrami rub (free side)
      To be sliced for sammies and some for stroganoff and or SOS. Make 4 or more every month. Quick and easy and serves well.

Name:	IMG20220322145253.jpg
Views:	533
Size:	145.2 KB
ID:	1193809

Name:	IMG20220322180504.jpg
Views:	503
Size:	240.5 KB
ID:	1193810

Comment

Name:	20220321_190845.jpg
Views:	494
Size:	358.8 KB
ID:	1193868 Click image for larger version

Name:	20220321_190742.jpg
Views:	490
Size:	284.9 KB
ID:	1193866 Click image for larger version

Name:	20220321_190817.jpg
Views:	493
Size:	382.9 KB
ID:	1193867 Fried up some perch I caught ice fishing this year.

Comment

• texastweeter
          texastweeter commented
          Editing a comment
          Those look awesome

Weather was rather drizzling outside last night so cooking in tel he warmth of inside. Decided to make a Cajun shrimp and sausage pasta. Original recipe was chicken but I wanted shrimp. Turned out pretty tasty!

Name:	0448F130-C3FC-412C-8661-514F1C7D6F70.jpeg
Views:	513
Size:	251.9 KB
ID:	1193896

Comment

• texastweeter
          texastweeter commented
          Editing a comment
          Like a shrimp and sausage monica

• Andrrr
          Andrrr commented
          Editing a comment
          commence salivating....

• MsTwiggy
          MsTwiggy commented
          Editing a comment
          Mmmmm, looks so good!!! 💯❤️🐿

Wings on the Weber...
        Attached Files

Comment

• tbob4
          tbob4 commented
          Editing a comment
          They look great!

Boneless skinless thighs, roasted eggplant, curried cauliflower, and roasted potatoes. Not the most colorful plate but pretty tasty.

Name:	IMG_3109.jpeg
Views:	493
Size:	245.8 KB
ID:	1194037

Name:	IMG_3112.jpeg
Views:	496
Size:	202.2 KB
ID:	1194035

Name:	IMG_3103.jpeg
Views:	500
Size:	229.2 KB
ID:	1194034
        Attached Files

Comment

• Richard Chrz
          Richard Chrz commented
          Editing a comment
          Beautiful cook.

• tbob4
          tbob4 commented
          Editing a comment
          Very colorful plate!

• MsTwiggy
          MsTwiggy commented
          Editing a comment
          Cauliflower is my favorite vegetable! Love it curried 🙌🏻❤️😎

I made Kenji's Beef and Broccoli tonight. It was very good, but a bit salty. It has somewhere around 100% of the daily sodium allowance in it. I did sub asparagus for the broccoli.
        SWMBO was on her third helping when I got my second. I think she liked it.

Here's a link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEs3qXQvg6M

BTW - the written recipe is different than what he makes on youtube. I followed the video.

I almost forgot to take a photo - the dish was half gone when I remembered.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220322_184141[1].jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.68 MB ID:	1194047
        Last edited by RonB; March 23, 2022, 06:29 AM.

Comment

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          Sure looks like asparagus...

• SheilaAnn
          SheilaAnn commented
          Editing a comment
          I think you/we need to clarify what kind of salt is used. I’ve learned That from here in the Pit.

• RonB
          RonB commented
          Editing a comment
          SheilaAnn - I should have said sodium - corrected.

Cubanos (well, sorta I needed to use up some Texas toast left over from an event I catered) with tha mojo roast pork loin I posted a while back, some leftover sliced smoked ham I had in freezer, store bought Genoa salami, Swiss cheese, pickles, all slathered in whole grain mustard.
        Attached Files

Comment

• tbob4
          tbob4 commented
          Editing a comment
          Great photos. I love Cuban sandwiches.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here