Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 25, Spring 2022

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I mentioned the other day we got a seasoning from a juneteenth vendor, today I got to use it. I spatchcocked these Cornish hens on Friday night and coated in Salt to sit on a rack in the fridge. This morning I rinsed the birds and applied the seasoning. It's pretty dang tasty. Next time I use it I might throw a little brown sugar on too.

Smoked taters and the bird at 275 the whole way for 2 hours.

I want more of this rub, but despite the amazing branding I could only find her FB page Chef Chiq so I'll have to reach out and see if she does mail order.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220620_120230.jpg
Views:	455
Size:	177.4 KB
ID:	1240047

Name:	20220620_175849.jpg
Views:	443
Size:	151.8 KB
ID:	1240048

Name:	20220620_200345.jpg
Views:	431
Size:	179.9 KB
ID:	1240049

Comment

• MsTwiggy
      MsTwiggy commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice plating!!! 🔥🔥🔥🔥😁❤️🐿

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks really good!

Honey Pecan Smoked Salmon! Seasoned with Heath Rile’s Pecan Rub & KosmosQ Sweet Honey Pecan Rub. Placed in the smoker at 275°F until the IT reached 115°F then glazed with honey. Pulled at 125°F and then rested for just a few minutes. Full of flavor and SO DELICIOUS!!!

Recipe inspired by Heath Riles BBQ
    Attached Files

Comment

• hoovarmin
      hoovarmin commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful Salmon

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks fantastic!

Piri-Piri chicken on the Big Joe.

Name:	Piri copy.jpg
Views:	436
Size:	144.0 KB
ID:	1240060

Comment

• hoovarmin
      hoovarmin commented
      Editing a comment
      Huskee yes it is. And thank you, MsTwiggy

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      That skin looks as crispy as a potato chip, mmmm

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks darn good brother!

A couple pies after watching Vito on YouTube. Made some poolish on Thursday and didn't realize I would travel over the weekend so it fermented for 4 days. Dough was super sticky and i had a hard time getting the top smooth but followed his method. Flavor and texture were great although none of us like the fresh mozzarella (it's to watery) love his sauce though. This will be my new go to I think. Cooked them in the oven on a 15" cast iron pizza pan. I was surprised how easy they are to get off the peel, the dough was very easy to handle once i had it in the balls.
    Attached Files

Comment

• hoovarmin
      hoovarmin commented
      Editing a comment
      Hell yeah, sister!

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice!

Had some pastrami left over from Saturday's smoking. Added some brown sugar caramelized carrots and made some latkes from scratch in the waffle iron.
    Attached Files

Comment

• MsTwiggy
      MsTwiggy commented
      Editing a comment
      Dang!! Latke's in the waffle iron 🙌🏻💯🔥🔥🔥❤️ Seriously super awesome 🐿

• TheAmazingJohnJ
      TheAmazingJohnJ commented
      Editing a comment
      MsTwiggy yes! The waffle iron is great. Sprayed it with a little non-stick, and scooped it in. Latkes without all the fry oil.

I’ve been waiting for the price of fresh copper river sockeye at my grocery store to come down to a halfway reasonable level. It was $40 something per pound a few weeks ago. Today it was down to $24/# so I picked up a pound. I love fresh sockeye! Light layer of EVOO, a squeeze of lemon, salt and pepper.

Name:	36A7665F-635C-46F1-8D69-A4290BAB4B0A.jpg
Views:	415
Size:	222.3 KB
ID:	1240111 Click image for larger version

Name:	89E570B0-03BA-487D-9E4D-EDCD640A3F38.jpg
Views:	423
Size:	257.4 KB
ID:	1240112

Comment

• SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      So jealous! Looks fantastic.

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Ahh yeah!
      Looks gooood!

Time to retire the Spring 2022 SUWYC, please use our brand new Volume 26, Summer 2022 here: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...26-summer-2022

Comment

Please post in the summer SUWYAC thread:

Summer's here! Time to upgrade to..... Show Us What You're Cooking Volume 26, Summer 2022! Here's a link to the past SUWYC 25 (Spring 2022) https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/forum/food-recipes-techniques-show-us-what-youre-cooking/show-tell/1193051-show-us-what-you-re-cooking-suwyc-volume-25-spring-2022 NEW: Want even more

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        You don’t have to yell, we hear ya!

SUWYAC?…..SUWYC
        Last edited by Panhead John; July 3, 2022, 07:49 AM.

• holehogg
        holehogg commented
        Editing a comment
        Noted

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        Panhead John - whatever

Yeah, usually I close the retired topics but thought I'd leave this one here open....but then it's just too tempting to post those lovely pics here, so I had to move a whole bunch to the Summer one... So we'll close this one. Say g'night, Gracie.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here