Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 24, Winter 2021/2022

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burgers today..
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20220228_161430.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	158.1 KB
ID:	1182029 Click image for larger version

Name:	20220228_162737.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	135.9 KB
ID:	1182028 Click image for larger version

Name:	20220228_164121.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	105.8 KB
ID:	1182027

Comment

• crazytown3
      crazytown3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Those are GREAT looking burgers! Really nice job.

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      BACON!

• Old Glory
      Old Glory commented
      Editing a comment
      Those look fine!

Well I believe (fingers crossed) that the final blue norther (that's Texas for winter storm fronts) blew in over the weekend sending temps lower with nasty rain. It's the kind of weather you just want to stay inside. I've been wanting to cook a meal in my new air fryer thingie so got out a bunch of panko encrusted shrimps and tator tots and air fried up a big batch. Only took a grand total of about 30 minutes. Convenient and tasted as good as anything out of my deep fryer. We enjoyed it !!

Name:	shrimp 02.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	140.7 KB
ID:	1182073 Click image for larger version

Name:	shrimp 01.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	133.5 KB
ID:	1182072 Click image for larger version

Name:	shrimp 03.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	1182074

Comment

• Old Glory
      Old Glory commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks tasty

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      Had some duck fat fried tater tots in Nashville a couple of weeks ago.

• bunky2021
      bunky2021 commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks wonderful!

If you're on the Texas Gulf coast, today is a day for outdoor cooking in any way possible!

So, I decided to do a quick lunch on my Grilla Chimp. (Love my Chimp....it does exactly what I wanted it to -- give me more opportunities to cook outside.)

I also made some of the best salmon I've ever done. I took a piece of salmon, seasoned it with salt and pepper, then added a drizzle of sriracha and a drizzle of kewpie (Japanese) mayo, smeared that all over, then topped the filet with just a little sprinkle of brown sugar.

Into the Chimp it went for 15 minutes at 350 F. Perfect. Served with black beans with pickled jalapeños and lime. Very tasty lunch! (Sriracha mayo is amazing!)

Name:	IMG-5410.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	142.9 KB
ID:	1182146

Name:	IMG-5411.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	1182145

Comment

• Old Glory
      Old Glory commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks great love Kewpie

Just got done gorging on this. It's an Emeril recipe Caramelized Onion and Parmesan Cheese Soup with Parmesan Cheese Toasts | Emerils.com... It was delicious but I did mess up the cheese toast, accidently used olive oil cooking spray so the bottoms on some got a little dark, but not burned

I also caramelized the onions more like for French onion, so an hour of stirrin'. And I had an extra 2 cups of chicken stock, extra garlic, and a full cup of cream. For the toasts we didn't have cayenne! So I used some smoked paprika instead. The bread on the right side, is what I chucked in the soup. It didn't say to bake it, but it said crusty so figured I'd add a bit of toast to the bread.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220228_154014.jpg Views:	5 Size:	1.37 MB ID:	1182158
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20220228_122951.jpg Views:	5 Size:	2.06 MB ID:	1182160
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20220228_132705.jpg Views:	5 Size:	3.22 MB ID:	1182161
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20220228_144755.jpg Views:	5 Size:	2.91 MB ID:	1182159
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20220228_151413.jpg Views:	5 Size:	2.35 MB ID:	1182162
    Last edited by ItsAllGoneToTheDogs; February 28, 2022, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Some chicken thighs and modified stuffed bacon wrapped moink balls. Used beef and lamb mince
      Attached Files

Comment

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        That looks great!

• Andrrr
        Andrrr commented
        Editing a comment
        Fan-tastic

Chico Cheesesteaks

Name:	IMG_6184.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	226.0 KB
ID:	1182195 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6188.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	210.8 KB
ID:	1182196

Comment

• Richard Chrz
        Richard Chrz commented
        Editing a comment
        Those look incredible,

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Say that rill fast 10 times. 🕶

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        FireMan - before or after two beers?

Burger night, ran some live fire on red oak. Ya’ll probably thought I forgot how to light one of these.

Click image for larger version  Name:	8D258409-38FA-4CE1-821A-517ADAF3B602.jpeg Views:	23 Size:	2.97 MB ID:	1182231
      Click image for larger version  Name:	828532B1-7369-433C-B03D-93F82C5DC9BD.jpeg Views:	23 Size:	7.26 MB ID:	1182229
      Click image for larger version  Name:	D8EC98D3-050E-41BD-BD82-C6D14DA22E74.jpeg Views:	23 Size:	5.94 MB ID:	1182230
      Last edited by Richard Chrz; February 28, 2022, 06:36 PM.

Comment

• Draznnl
        Draznnl commented
        Editing a comment
        "My neighbor came over smiling when I was outside, she was so excited to see me out in the driveway, she said, seeing you outside grilling, I now know spring is just around the corner! Lol." - Richard Chrz

What, can't LaCrosse just use a groundhog like the rest of the country?

• Old Glory
        Old Glory commented
        Editing a comment
        Burger goodness

• fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        It's good to see that kettle out and cooking. You too!

Kathryn

Power to the Pig, that is Pork Loin

Name:	IMG_2326.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	200.5 KB
ID:	1182236

Comment

Name:	IMG_1903.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	1182265 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1902.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	275.0 KB
ID:	1182266 I went home Sat nite to honor Bonesy
      with a briz n a snort. extremely tired, woke to the signals yellin at me. Briz fell into the fire! 12lb packer 6hrs. flat was 250 point was 170. wrapped twice w/foil n into
      kitchen oven at 170. went to bed. Pulled it the next morning. Not bad at all! flat sliced up top pic n had me some delish burnt ends n made chili from the point. Not unhappy!
      Still Larnin ; - {))> God Bless Mr. Bones

Comment

• Andrrr
        Andrrr commented
        Editing a comment
        Ya know you could have just told everyone you smoked this perfectly with no hangups and Neanderthals like me would have believed you! Nice work, I’d take a slice in a heartbeat.

• fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        Good save! I bet that chili and those burnt ends are both amazing.

Kathryn

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Mighty fine!

I got her to spread... wait, that may have crossed the line. Apologies. Anyway, spatchcocked bird, heaven made amazin cajun rub on the Chimp.

Name:	20220228_192043.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	1182278

Comment

• ofelles
        ofelles commented
        Editing a comment
        Careful my friend! 😁

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        Mighty fine!

• Old Glory
        Old Glory commented
        Editing a comment
        That skin looks nice and crispy!

I had planned a dinner of soup and bread for tonight even before I realized it would be a cool rainy day here. Sometimes things just work out. Had some leftover chicken from a catered buffet dinner we hosted. Put it into a creamy wild rice soup with some onion, turnip and sweet potato from our CSA basket. Paired with King Arthur recipe for New England Anadama bread. It all worked out great.

Name:	2022-02-28 16.19.10.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	1182291

Name:	2022-02-28 17.10.02.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	197.3 KB
ID:	1182293

Name:	2022-02-28 18.37.41.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	190.8 KB
ID:	1182292

Comment

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        There you go again! If I cropped that top photo it would make a fantastic jigsaw puzzle. I swear you make complex look so simple.

• Old Glory
        Old Glory commented
        Editing a comment
        Anadama bread. Reminds me of Gloucester.

Hadn't had a chance to share anything. So here we go, run of the mill skirt steak. Click image for larger version

Name:	Dinner.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	1182352

Comment

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nah - it’s more than that. I saw your other post and the description was delicious!

Grilling twice in one day? Absolutely with this weather!

For dinner I did turkey pot pie: leftover turkey cubed up then added some peas and carrots and some turkey gravy and topped with stuffing. 30 minutes at 375 F on the Chimp. Tasty.

Here's the turkey, peas and carrots, and the gravy mixed in.

Name:	IMG-5412.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	106.1 KB
ID:	1182372

Stuffing added. (Yes, it was StoveTop. Cast iron makes it okay lol.)

Name:	IMG-5414.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	1182370

In the Chimp!

Name:	IMG-5416.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	1182371

Done.

Name:	IMG-5417.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	1182373

Comment

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks really good!

• Old Glory
        Old Glory commented
        Editing a comment
        Stove Top is a guilty pleasure

• bunky2021
        bunky2021 commented
        Editing a comment
        Love the idea of using Stove Top as the pie crust. Has to be much easier than rolling out the dough, not to mention much tastier!

Did a cook for a marines graduation. 24 lbs of pork butt on my pit boss austin. Ended up being a big pot luck and converted a lot of people who don't like smoked meat away from the dark side. Used Memphis dust and traeger pork rub. Lexington dip finish, and used Carolina gold and bbq sauce as a side. Call me crazy I'm a fan of all three plus homemade cole slaw and pickle slices on a great bun. No pics of the finished product but amazing reviews. As always thank you all for your input and for this website!
      Attached Files

Comment

• IdSmokeThat
        IdSmokeThat commented
        Editing a comment
        RichieB I did not serve. My brother is a gunny and I grew up in San Diego so had plenty of military friends. All the love I can send to Mr. Bones
        Last edited by IdSmokeThat; February 28, 2022, 10:34 PM.

• bunky2021
        bunky2021 commented
        Editing a comment
        It's cool to see folks here posting about different rubs they like to you. For my part, I've been so pleased with the results I've had with making my own Memphis Dust that I'm almost afraid to try anything else! Yes, call me crazy...

• IdSmokeThat
        IdSmokeThat commented
        Editing a comment
        bunky2021 I prefer Memphis dust myself. Seems as though the traeger rub was a hit though . To each their own I guess!

Here’s to leftover brisket!
      Attached Files

Comment

• SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        Is that a brisket stuffed baked potato? Nice!

• Caffeine88
        Caffeine88 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hell, yeah!

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Love it

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here