Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 24, Winter 2021/2022

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did a birthday brisket today and it was pretty good for a choice grade. I injected the flat with beef tallow and that really helps keep the flat moist. The point came out a bit tough so I think it could have stayed in longer but I’m still gonna mark this as a win.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Andrrr
      Andrrr commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks great! Chunk that point up and use it for chili.

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      It is a very nice photo

• theroc
      theroc commented
      Editing a comment
      Very tasty. And Happy Birthday 🎉

Sausage rolls!
    A nod to my wife's British heritage.... I think she nailed them.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20220227_204218.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	1181720 Click image for larger version

Name:	20220227_204142.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	143.3 KB
ID:	1181721

Comment

• STEbbq
      STEbbq commented
      Editing a comment
      I still love me some chocolate digestives….which you totally need to get too.

• Bogy
      Bogy commented
      Editing a comment
      Caffeine88 I'm looking forward to seeing your recipe. My British son in law is used to having them on Christmas Eve. We asked him if he had a family recipe. "No, we just got them from the pub." My family came from the Netherlands, and grandma made Saucijzenbroodjes. Thousands of them every year that she sold around Christmas time. We have 3 of her recipes, and using the one marked "Grandma's from the old country" were satisfactory. Our daughter has since been to the pub and says we are close.

• holehogg
      holehogg commented
      Editing a comment
      Tell the wife those sausage rolls look fantastic. I cheat and make them using shop bought puff pastry and boerewors. HP sauce is great with many things.

Pulled pork using Meathead's Memphis Dust. I cut it in half so each piece was about 4 pounds. Cooked about 11 hours to 204° @250 on my Weber Performer. Used apple for smoke
    Attached Files

Comment

• Caffeine88
      Caffeine88 commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, solid results! Looks fantastic.

Quick follow up to yesterday's pork tenderloin. With leftover did a baked potato loaded with butter. Pulled the pork and added healthy dose of Sriracha Sauce. Dinner is served.
    ​ ​

Comment

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Photo didn't show up

• holehogg
      holehogg commented
      Editing a comment
      Check 📷 🔋🔋

• DTro
      DTro commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds good so I'll give you a Like!

It was a biang biang (hand pulled) noodle night.

Went with Spicy Cumin Lamb recipe from Xi’an Famous Foods cookbook to top the noodles. It’s one of my favorites.

Name:	186D61D6-7AF1-4981-9F4E-1515F6349B43.jpeg
Views:	222
Size:	158.6 KB
ID:	1181756

Comment

• barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh wow! You pulled the noodles yourself? And - I’ve had this cook book in my Amazon list for some time. How is it?

This dish looks excellent!

• mnavarre
      mnavarre commented
      Editing a comment
      I haven't really gotten to cooking from that book, I really shouldn't buy 5 cookbooks at a time. But I've incorporated some of the ingredients and flavors into just general "asian dishes". I really need to start cooking through some of my cookbooks instead of making crap up as I go.

barelfly It's excellent, highly recommended.

• shify
      shify commented
      Editing a comment
      barelfly - Yup, did the hand pulled noodles. Not that hard to get at least decent at, although I still need more practice as I couldn't get the noodles quite as thin as I wanted but still pretty damn good.
      As far as the cookbook, I'm a big fan. Love the restaurant but since COVID, I don't work from NYC any more, so this is a good plan B. Have only made about 5-6 recipes so far but everything has been great. Hell, I'd prob recommend it for the cumin lamb and hot oil seared noodle recipes alone

So I am reminded often why I am simply a backyard griller and good butchers really know what's going on. I went to the Chico Meat Locker in search of a good lamb chop. They had a few but not as big as I was looking for. The butcher said "have you tried our ground lamb steaks"? I said I hadn't but was looking for a chop. He said "Buy this and if you don't like it I will give you a refund". It is ground lamb in between bones with the fat caps on the side. I seasoned it with salt, pepper, rosemary, cumin, curry, oregano and brushed it with olive oil and Basque sauce. Oh my - my wife HATES lamb. I have been told to buy this again. I cooked it on the Santa Maria and took it beyond the temp I wanted but it was very forgiving.

Name:	IMG_6374.JPG
Views:	226
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	1181788 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6375.JPG
Views:	225
Size:	214.5 KB
ID:	1181787 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6377.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	116.7 KB
ID:	1181786

Comment

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Andrrr and shify - wasn’t like sausage or typical ground lamb (kabobs). It was quite dense. I will definitely be doing this again. It did cut like a steak.

• Caffeine88
      Caffeine88 commented
      Editing a comment
      Not gonna lie, I would have 100% passed on this. Glad to hear your experience was good - if I should ever happen to see it, I'll give it a shot. I do love lamb...

• holehogg
      holehogg commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks great. Surprised they held together so well.

Kasu Sake Sable Fish, shiitake and asparagus sautéed in mirin, a little soy and finished with unagi sauce.

Name:	IMG_0820 (1).jpeg
Views:	244
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	1181840
    Last edited by rickgregory; February 27, 2022, 10:04 PM.

Comment

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Something happed to the photo today - went to a bar with a blue question mark. It opens when you click it but it no longer shows on the thread.

• rickgregory
      rickgregory commented
      Editing a comment
      tbob4 - still there for me. I replaced it with a color edited version. Not there for you?

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s back, Rick

Grilled kurobuta pork chops over a live hickory fire on the Buckaroo. Served with stir fried vegetables including our first harvest of baby pak choi and tatsoi from the garden.

Name:	PXL_20220228_032702742.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	282.6 KB
ID:	1181877

Name:	PXL_20220228_035154494.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	209.8 KB
ID:	1181878

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
      Dr. Pepper commented
      Editing a comment
      Perfect

• DaveD
      DaveD commented
      Editing a comment
      Those kurobuta chops are outstanding. Nice work!

• SammyJ
      SammyJ commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome Chops looks perfect!

Peruvian chicken with aji amarillo sauce & duck fat 'taters with garam masala and aji amarillo sauce

Name:	IMG_6027.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	265.8 KB
ID:	1181883

Name:	IMG_6028.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	448.1 KB
ID:	1181882

Name:	IMG_6029.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	246.1 KB
ID:	1181881

Comment

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks great!!

• Dr. Pepper
      Dr. Pepper commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice!!

• Michael_in_TX
      Michael_in_TX commented
      Editing a comment
      Love, love aji amarillo chicken! (Also, it's one my favorite things to say....)

That fish looks divine

Comment

While they did not deserve the term "wibs" they were pretty tasty. Finished with MH sauce. Tater salad on the side.

Name:	88516AA5-C920-4631-AF6B-4CFB355D505B.jpeg
Views:	244
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	1181897

Comment

• SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        FireMan can school me, but I think if ribs are called wibs, it’s like next level!

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        We need to talk. What makes you think those aren’t deserving the Wibs moniker. They look mighty fine to me, yess……mam or sir. Tryin to figger out what’s goin on with all that hair.

• DaveD
        DaveD commented
        Editing a comment
        And HUGE props to SheilaAnn for the Bones Tribute Profile Pic. VERY well done!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220227_081028.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.24 MB ID:	1181930

I'll call this a "clean out the frig" omelet. Also served with a bagel.
      Last edited by Skip; February 28, 2022, 05:48 AM.

Comment

• Caffeine88
        Caffeine88 commented
        Editing a comment
        One of my favorite omelets! That looks like a fine example.

• holehogg
        holehogg commented
        Editing a comment
        I'll clean your plate Sir.

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks great. You might get me in trouble, though. I have some thin sliced BBQ steak in the fridge that is supposed to be tonight’s dinner but ….

Sous vide picanha from porter rd and supermarket shell and sirloin because I ended up having more company than expected. Lovin this sous vide thing.
      Attached Files

Comment

• holehogg
        holehogg commented
        Editing a comment
        Lucky company.

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        Love the flame photo!

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Alright, alright, we got some rules around here somewhere. I mean, we have a member put down a mighty fine omelette & you come out and lay out heavy artillery to soften things up & then drop a bomb or two. 👍
        Last edited by FireMan; February 28, 2022, 06:34 PM.

That picanha look amazing. Got one from Wild Fork in the chestie for a couple weeks from now...

Comment

Flank Steak stuffed with Mushrooms, Fresh Spinach and Cream Cheese. Seasoned with Lane's BBQ Scorpion Rub. Delicious!!!

Smoked at 225° until IT reached 115°. Pulled and seared for 1 min each side….pulled when IT hit 132°.
        Attached Files

Comment

• tbob4
          tbob4 commented
          Editing a comment
          My wife makes a mean stuffed flank steak but she slices into it, stuffs and sees it back up. Your method of rolling looks much easier.
          Last edited by tbob4; February 28, 2022, 11:04 AM.

• Elton's BBQ
          Elton's BBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks fantastic

• FireMan
          FireMan commented
          Editing a comment
          Here’s another one, you ain’t holdin back either are ya. 👍

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here