Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 24, Winter 2021/2022

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know I've posted this before. It is one of my favorite seafood cooks. Plus we have new folks. I encourage you to do this, unless you have shellfish allergies..
    Shrimp Scampi over spaghetti.

Should have included the recipe.

A delicious shrimp scampi recipe to enjoy with your family. Can be served over pasta as well!

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220206_194125.jpg Views:	15 Size:	1.15 MB ID:	1170816 Click image for larger version  Name:	20220206_193833.jpg Views:	15 Size:	2.09 MB ID:	1170817
    Last edited by RichieB; February 6, 2022, 08:27 PM.

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      WOW !!! I love it. Nice dish, awesome presentation !!!

• Jfrosty27
      Jfrosty27 commented
      Editing a comment
      Shrimp Scampi is a fave in our house. In fact, I have some big shrimp thawing now. I guess I'll make it for dinner tonight! Thanks for the inspiration.

I found some lamb in the freezer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220206_180404.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	1170866

Name:	20220206_181528~2.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	151.3 KB
ID:	1170867

Comment

• Caffeine88
      Caffeine88 commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks like you did it justice!

Tex Mex Meatballs on the MAK.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by glitchy; February 6, 2022, 10:32 PM.

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm in need of further information please. What exactly is a Tex-Mex meatball?

• glitchy
      glitchy commented
      Editing a comment
      Troutman They’re a Jess Pryles’ recipe that’s pretty dang good: https://jesspryles.com/meaty-cheesy-tex-mex-meatballs/

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Glitch, I love it !!! I like the direction she's taking this in. Barbecue next level !!

Found a store bought corned beef point lurking in the bottom of the beer fridge freezer, and I needed the space, so pastrami it is.

About 5 hours in, just before wrapping.

Name:	IMG_6006.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	275.0 KB
ID:	1170929

Finished product. Really, really good. I used a no salt Montreal steak rub rather than the pastrami rub.

Name:	IMG_6007.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	217.3 KB
ID:	1170928

Comment

Asst cook hound Rey would rather roll in the snow than help....goofy woofy
      Two pork butts this morning, smoking with a mustard slather, my dry rub and if you all know me the usual coupla shakes of Hogwaller
      Smoking on Fogo lump, last of that bag today🥺, two handfuls of maple chips and three cherry wood chunks
      Hoping the Keg will run 280, not a bad day -6 or so clearing and little or no wind
      Updates to follow
      Attached Files

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Keep up the good fight (in the snow and in Ottawa !!!)

Thinking about changing my name from Troutman to Pastrami-man. I've made pastrami from sirloin, short rib, bronto rib, brisket and now chuck. I took an HEB American Wagyu chuck roll roast, corned it, put it in a sous vide bath at 135*F for 28 hours, ice bathed and refrigerated then smoked it into pastrami this weekend. Just can't get enough of that Sugar Crisp, keeps me goin' strong ....!!!

Name:	chuck 01.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	1171042 Click image for larger version

Name:	chuck 02.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	106.1 KB
ID:	1171043 Click image for larger version

Name:	chuck 03.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	122.9 KB
ID:	1171044

Comment

• Richard Chrz
        Richard Chrz commented
        Editing a comment
        Your pastrami is a level I hope to achieve.

• Caffeine88
        Caffeine88 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm...........got nuthin. Hard to get words around the drool

• Draznnl
        Draznnl commented
        Editing a comment
        That looks delicious.

Outside last night doing a little Chicken Stir-Fry on my plow-disk. Love this little disc I got for Christmas from mnavarre. Used homemade teriyaki sauce. Came out really, really good.
      Attached Files

Comment

Finished the second last step of making bacon. Used the remainder of the coals to reverse sear some sirloin steaks. I never have a sauce on my steaks but always make for the others who insist. I had on mine tonight.

Name:	IMG20220207181655.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	207.9 KB
ID:	1171161

Name:	IMG_20220207_200316.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	327.6 KB
ID:	1171162

Comment

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks damn good….Sir!

• jfmorris
          jfmorris commented
          Editing a comment
          Now, mushroom gravy is not the same as steak sauce - which is what I expected when I read the post before scrolling to the pictures. I love some mushroom gravy with steak! Mmm mmm good!

IBERICAN ST. LOUIS RIBS (Lessons learned.)
        Finally defrosted one of my Marx Foods Iberican racks. Was rushing around, trying to make barelfly 's Adovada pork, KBQ-ing the ribs, and why not throw another small pork shoulder into the KBQ, as long as it's fired up.

I had used S&P, then when I had the jar of Henrik 's pork rub in my hand from the shoulder, I sprinkled a little on the ribs.

Doing so much at once, with my spouse of 41 years warning me of her impending migraine from not eating, I didn't put an air probe in the KBQ, just left it where it was last time (but maybe I had bumped the dial?) After 2 hours the ribs looked crisped. At this point, I wanted to know why they had cooked so hot, and put the probe in the cook box: 3100F. Oops.

Conclusion: Too salty. There's not much meat on these, so the surface to volume ratio is high. And, overcooked. BUT: tasty! The meat, what little there was, is delicious. And, I stripped clean each bone, both my wife's and mine. The slight sweetness from Hank's rub was perfect.

Next time: 2500 for 90 minutes. Hank's rub only, on one side only.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0436.jpeg Views:	5 Size:	394.9 KB ID:	1171188
        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0446.jpeg Views:	5 Size:	555.1 KB ID:	1171190
        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0444.jpeg Views:	5 Size:	681.0 KB ID:	1171191
        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0447.jpeg Views:	5 Size:	533.8 KB ID:	1171189
        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0448.jpeg Views:	5 Size:	268.5 KB ID:	1171186
        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0449.jpeg Views:	5 Size:	356.7 KB ID:	1171187

Last edited by Dr. Pepper; February 7, 2022, 02:33 PM. Reason: Avodada, Adovada. Tomato, tomato. Let's call the whole thing off!

Comment

• jfmorris
          jfmorris commented
          Editing a comment
          Get some good gas logs. At least you can use those without ticking her off. My wife uses the remote control to turn ours on all the time. So in a way that was a positive. These are vent free however, so most heat stays in the house.

• Richard Chrz
          Richard Chrz commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m hungry!

• Caffeine88
          Caffeine88 commented
          Editing a comment
          Crispy ribs look pretty darn tasty!

Gas logs = same thoughts. The wife gets a fire and I don't get barked at for smoky smells in the house.

5 1/2 hour in
        inside meat temp at 180
        crutching with Kilkenny ale
        Attached Files

Comment

Had one steak, ribeye, left in the freezer so I went ahead and cooked it last night. I was going back and forth between doing a reverse sear or a blackened ribeye in the CI. Due to the fact we had mind numbingly cold temps yesterday, in the low 50’s, I decided to do it blackened…on my propane burner in the garage. I really love a good blackened ribeye, pork chop or fish..it’s a great change of pace from the usual. Turned out pretty dang good, and I got a chance to use one of my new Wustof steak knives! Oh yeah, cut through it like warm butter.

Name:	E5345E60-876E-428E-A206-729EB44359A0.jpeg
Views:	257
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	1171375

Name:	971A4C9A-B634-4B30-A4F3-CFE434A306E8.jpeg
Views:	231
Size:	135.9 KB
ID:	1171376

Name:	330B3414-E6E1-4A6E-B596-6F68BBBFEC30.jpeg
Views:	231
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	1171377 Click image for larger version

Name:	6932F362-8A74-42AE-A793-757B1A3F96CE.jpeg
Views:	226
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	1171378
          Attached Files

Comment

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            I like the knife

• gboss
            gboss commented
            Editing a comment
            Did you coat it in melted butter before adding the seasoning? Supposedly the browned milk solids contribute to the color and the flavor. I tried that for the first time last time I made blackened chicken. I ended up messing up the coating (clumps) but I think there's something to the melted butter thing.... Looks delicious! Nicely done.

• Panhead John
            Panhead John commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes sir. You should always coat the meat with melted butter first, then sprinkle on blackened seasoning. Put a little of the melted butter in the pan also. I’ve found blackened chicken a little trickier to do, due to the extended cook times for chicken. A thin chicken breast works good though.

Fixed my annual mid-winter Spiral Sliced Ham using Malcolm's recipe for my parents yesterday...

Name:	BF2D6E90-1F50-4573-A256-E5891548D31C.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	150.7 KB
ID:	1171438

Name:	47EDF641-2F15-4714-94CF-483BC15B38B5.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	1171437

Comment

• clb239
            clb239 commented
            Editing a comment
            CaptainMike according to my Facebook memories this is a regular thing for me to fix at the end of January first of February...I guess it is because I buy one around Christmas when they are on sale and now is when they reach the cook or freeze by date so I go ahead and fix it...

• DaveD
            DaveD commented
            Editing a comment
            I need to try this!

• smokin fool
            smokin fool commented
            Editing a comment
            Local grocery store has a bunker heaped with them because of the price they were asking at Christmas, $45-65.
            They should be down to $1.99 a lb this week so will grab one.

Some Amazing Spare Ribs on Amazing Ribs...Kick A** Au- Gratin Potatoes, Foil Roasted Green Beans. Finally some weather that wasn't Anti-BBQ.

Name:	IMG_6600.JPG
Views:	217
Size:	150.3 KB
ID:	1171521 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6604.JPG
Views:	218
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	1171522 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6612.JPG
Views:	226
Size:	146.9 KB
ID:	1171520

Comment

• CaptainMike
            CaptainMike commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh man, never give those up!

• Dr. Pepper
            Dr. Pepper commented
            Editing a comment
            'Never gonna give you up,
            Never gonna let you down...'

• Henrik
            Henrik commented
            Editing a comment
            Looking grand!

Pork tenderloin with bok choy and mushrooms.

Name:	20220207_174509~2.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	162.2 KB
ID:	1171551

Comment

• Caffeine88
            Caffeine88 commented
            Editing a comment
            Love it! That looks great

A Utah brisket in February cooked on a Weber kettle with the slow and sear. Unfortunately the closest Costco to me is only selling choice briskets.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
            Dr. Pepper commented
            Editing a comment
            Meteoric!

• Dr. Pepper
            Dr. Pepper commented
            Editing a comment
            Also: Welcome and great to have you posting here!

• Henrik
            Henrik commented
            Editing a comment
            Barkalicious!

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here