Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 24, Winter 2021/2022

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, kids, do you know what day it is?

<excited shouting> It's Taco Tuesday!

I love the Troutman marinade in his Tacos Al Carbon recipe. The bad news, though, is we had to settle for thin-sliced top round instead of flank steak. This was also my inaugural run with Meathead's beef rub (great stuff, but what I'm really looking forward to are Thursday's New York Strips that await).

I probably overcooked the beef a bit, but it was thin and when sliced across the grain worked fine in the tacos. Some left for nachos tomorrow.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-01-18 18.33.43.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	222.5 KB
ID:	1161701

Name:	2022-01-18 18.49.24.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	197.1 KB
ID:	1161700

Name:	2022-01-18 19.00.14.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	139.1 KB
ID:	1161699

Comment

Pulled out the wok, shrimp fried rice.

Name:	48A6D90D-AB72-41ED-B9E9-DF325CFC2409.jpeg
Views:	268
Size:	185.9 KB
ID:	1161716

Comment

barelfly inspired me with his caper sauce for pork chops (https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...36#post1159636).

I threw (gently) some salmon on the Chimp at 375 F and put together a rough sauce: 4 tbl butter, 2 tsp capers, juice of one lemon, zest of one lemon, two garlic cloves, and some parsley.

This was quite good! The brininess of the capers, the acidity of the lemon, all buffered by the butter.

Name:	IMG-5295.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	1161720

(Also, I seem to like steamed broccoli!)

Comment

• barelfly
          barelfly commented
          Editing a comment
          YES!!!!!! Love that you went with this for salmon! I used my last salmon pieces last night, so a trip to costco soon to restock and totally making this!

Here’s the next dish for you - Rao’s Lemon Chicken. With a crispy chicken skin, paired with a sauce like this…..oh my!

• Michael_in_TX
          Michael_in_TX commented
          Editing a comment
          I had never heard of Rao's Lemon Chicken, but I've been googling it. Very simple and that looks oh-so-tasty!

• SheilaAnn
          SheilaAnn commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks great!!

I can second the recommendation for Rao’s lemon chicken.

Here's a pastrami cook from yesterday. Started with pre-corned brisket flat from a local butcher here in the Denver 'burbs I trust--about six pounds after trimming. After a ten hour desalination soak, I rubbed it with Meathead's recommended Close to Katz Pastrami Rub and on to the Primo. Had the Smobot as a temp controller keeping things steady at 250. Turned out nicely and I made pastrami ruebens. Sorry--no sammie pics, but here's the basics. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1494.jpeg
Views:	326
Size:	257.8 KB
ID:	1161725 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1495.jpeg
Views:	252
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	1161726

Comment

• smokenoob
          smokenoob commented
          Editing a comment
          mouth watering….😛

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          On point, well done !!!

Red curry halibut, purple potatoes, Thai cucumber salad.

Name:	20220118_184421~2.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	161.5 KB
ID:	1161770

Comment

Baby back ribs on the Weber Kettle.
        Attached Files

Comment

• HawkerXP
          HawkerXP commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice!

Cast Iron Ribeyes! Bathed in Kerrygold Pure Irish butter, garlic, and thyme. So good!
        Attached Files

Comment

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          What's with the little trays? Are you making lunches?

• HawkerXP
          HawkerXP commented
          Editing a comment
          Good golly man.
          This summer when at Gaston I'm looking for an invite! Not that far away! hehehe

• TWBarbecue
          TWBarbecue commented
          Editing a comment
          Troutman Nah, I bought them already in pans plus I’ve learned it makes it easy to manipulate on the grill that way without taking up a lot of real estate!

CLAMS AND CHORIZO Emeril's recipe

Went back to Taylor shellfish for fresh clams. Ever since tasting a Portuguese fish and shellfish and chorizo dish (a fisherman's hardy meal), the combination has captivated us.

Used fresh chorizo from nearby Metropolitan Market, closer to a Spanish chorizo than a Mexican one. Onions, garlic, white wine, cilantro. These clams are tiny and sweet. 1lb clams per person.

Accompanied by a wedge salad (bacon, tomatoes, blue cheese, roquefort dressing.)

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0307.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	501.4 KB ID:	1161998
        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0309.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	415.9 KB ID:	1161997
        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0311.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	354.8 KB ID:	1161999 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0310.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	398.8 KB ID:	1162000
        Last edited by Dr. Pepper; January 19, 2022, 01:30 PM.

Comment

• barelfly
          barelfly commented
          Editing a comment
          That looks excellent. Dang. this is going to the "recipes to try" folder…..

Thanks for posting!

• painter
          painter commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice!

• Richard Chrz
          Richard Chrz commented
          Editing a comment
          Yum!

Name:	IMG_8128.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	159.0 KB
ID:	1162033

Salmon with lemon pepper, onion powder and brown sugar. Baked with pieces of butter 400°
        Sweet potatoes with Lawry’s, olive oil, pepper, and honey baked at 400°
        Mushrooms quartered and sliced garlic sautéed in olive oil with 1/2 teaspoon of sesame oil and 1/2 teaspoon of anchovy paste.

Lots-o-many great flavors together on one plate and it worked. However, this is not my usual salmon recipe. Although it was very good I have another favorite. Just been trying different things because I have a bunch of slices in the freezer.

Comment

• DTro
          DTro commented
          Editing a comment
          It's like an itsy-bitsy umami spider. So small but still grabs your attention. Try an itsy-bisty bit but watch the salt. Let me know if it works for you.

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice plating, nice cook !!

• DTro
          DTro commented
          Editing a comment
          Troutman Thanks.. brushing up on skills to one day attempt your pastrami ribs.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220119_152648.jpg Views:	19 Size:	317.3 KB ID:	1162064

Bread baking day. King Arthur Everyday Whole Grain Bread. Your eyes are not deceiving you...the loaf on the right is a little smaller. Will serve with some soup for supper. I make smaller loaves so we don't eat so much.
        Last edited by Skip; January 19, 2022, 06:24 PM.

Comment

• DTro
          DTro commented
          Editing a comment
          Those look fantastic. Big fan of whole grain!

Did a new biscuit recipe from K.A. Never Fail Biscuits. Haven't had yet. My wife had one with strawberries and whipped cream. Said excellent.

Name:	20220119_135458.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	1162077
        Last edited by RichieB; January 19, 2022, 04:45 PM.

Comment

• Skip
          Skip commented
          Editing a comment
          RichieB I just saw that recipe a few days ago. Those look good. I need to try them soon.

• RichieB
          RichieB commented
          Editing a comment
          Can't be much easier. Self Rising Flour and Heavy or Whipping Cream and salt to taste. I did about 12 minutes in oven as I made them larger (less biscuits) so a bit longer to bake. I still have not tried. Did Tacos tonight and didn't think it's a match. I might do biscuits and gravy. Haven't had that in years. These seem like they're perfect for that.

backed Salmon Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2051.JPG
Views:	229
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	1162094

Comment

Inspired by…. By….. ack! Can’t remember. But, stuffed bell peppers topped with giardinera. Great combo!! Zero leftovers this round.

Name:	21EB81F0-0112-4857-B804-9F3260E01BA6.jpeg
Views:	225
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	1162120

Comment

Wild hog ham, potato and corn chowder.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
            Dr. Pepper commented
            Editing a comment
            Wonderful winter meal! Did you hunt the hog? When I was looking to purchase a thermal scope for controlling the bunnies which spend the early night munching on my wife’s garden, I found advice (& the vendor) from Texans.

• texastweeter
            texastweeter commented
            Editing a comment
            Dr. Pepper of course. Have a whole cured and smoked ham sealed and in freezer, 2 piglets, 2 injected and dry brined pork shoulders, and another ham that I already sliced. That is in addition to one more turkey, 2 deer, and various fish and small game.

• Andrrr
            Andrrr commented
            Editing a comment
            One of my favorites! I could dig into that.

Chicken parm​​​​​​esan

Name:	20220119_185239.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	176.3 KB
ID:	1162195

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here