Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC) - Volume 24, Winter 2021/2022

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found this at delish.com. Different for me and really good

Garlic Butter Sausage Sub. I used hot sausage.

I did scale this to one sub via Paprika.

https://www.delish.com/cooking/recip...e-subs-recipe/

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220114_192022.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.33 MB ID:	1159569
    Last edited by RichieB; January 14, 2022, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Meatloaf night on the Weber Kettle, local beef mixed with ground Italian sausage, coated with Sopchoppy sauce n frenched onions…green bean casserole too!
      Attached Files

Comment

• texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        SheilaAnn try alton browns GBCasserole, you will never go back.

• SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        What is the emoji for skeptical? 🤣

Honestly, I think it’s one of those things that I was forced to eat as a child. Now I’m tainted. TRUTH: I would not eat pizza until about the 6th grade because I was forced to eat watered down Ragu pasta sauce. And even then, I scraped the sauce off. I begged for noodles and butter and cheese. No go.

• Bkhuna
        Bkhuna commented
        Editing a comment
        Sopchoppy FL, the worm gruntin' capitol of the world! Been there, done that, got the T-shirt.

Restaurant purchased meat balls in marinara (Cafe Lago in Seattle), on Como bread with bufalo mozzarella under the broiler, topped with Vienna hot giardiniera.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0245.jpeg
Views:	255
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	1159626 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0246.jpeg
Views:	257
Size:	165.7 KB
ID:	1159627

Comment

• SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        This day keeps getting better! Giardinera on top of stewed monkey brains? WINNING!!!!

• ofelles
        ofelles commented
        Editing a comment
        SheilaAnn thanks for the visual!

Pork Chops with a Lemon Caper Sauce

This dish reminded my of Rao’s Lemon Chicken that I make. Very similar flavor profile and very good! Enjoyed this and my son….usually tells me everything is good, but he said tonight was really good.

the chops were done in the hot tub at 135* for 90 minutes, then finished on the farmhouse skillet. Served with brown rice and green beans. This went straight to the Paprika app!

Name:	112858CD-0E0C-41DC-AF84-E187F14CD23F.jpeg
Views:	254
Size:	194.7 KB
ID:	1159638

Name:	DB05ADB2-0097-4D4C-B341-640C3E2E4E2E.jpeg
Views:	267
Size:	173.8 KB
ID:	1159637

Comment

• Michael_in_TX
        Michael_in_TX commented
        Editing a comment
        Lemon-caper sauce.....I like that....the brightness would go really well with the pork.

Salmon with potatoes and asparagus.

Name:	20220114_191444~3.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	1159651

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
        Dr. Pepper commented
        Editing a comment
        I just have to comment on the colors. The green of the asparagus reflected in the rim of the glazed plate, and even in the wooden table. What a composition! The glaze on the salmon, potatoes & plate. I’m certain it all tastes as good as it looks. Are you sure you’re not a professional food stylist, Attjack ?

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        I wish. How do I go about making this career change? 😂

• DTro
        DTro commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice plate pic!

Grilled, marinated flank steak. Served with risotto and brocollini.
      ​​​​​​

Name:	PXL_20220115_040155930.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	229.2 KB
ID:	1159686

Name:	PXL_20220115_040517823.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	211.7 KB
ID:	1159687

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
        Dr. Pepper commented
        Editing a comment
        Gorgeous. Also with great colors and textures! And perfect steak.

Click image for larger version  Name:	50352FFD-94BE-477C-B0DE-E264451938E4.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.81 MB ID:	1159760 Click image for larger version  Name:	1CE0126F-A27C-4A47-8246-4CA9B795E74E.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	4.96 MB ID:	1159761 Click image for larger version  Name:	8FF249C7-773C-42E1-BFDB-47B86C09166C.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	4.81 MB ID:	1159762

Two monster pork chops with Meatheads rub. Delicious!

Comment

• Jfrosty27
        Jfrosty27 commented
        Editing a comment
        Those are my favorite cut of pork chops. Don’t have Giant stores here though. I must get then online. Usually from Wild Fork Foods.

• Dr. Pepper
        Dr. Pepper commented
        Editing a comment
        Beautiful. I see your 2 zone setup. Did you forward or reverse sear?

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        Reverse, Dr. Pepper

Took the dog for a walk, damn it’s cold out so made some biscuits to warm up.
      Sometimes you need just good old comfort food
      Attached Files

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	4F2F5F1D-17DA-4546-93C9-7A4B1C36E93A.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	1.89 MB ID:	1159825 Click image for larger version  Name:	CB151AAA-5D11-4E8D-AB3A-E65AF1E0B195.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.69 MB ID:	1159826 Click image for larger version  Name:	A5C09C83-D1CB-4BA7-9EC7-3BC5D2445383.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	4.42 MB ID:	1159827 Click image for larger version  Name:	9BA20312-C265-4F4D-8BA0-C31AFE47B93C.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	4.41 MB ID:	1159828

Mrs. H frowns on chicken wings, "to fatty", but occasionally she will get a nice pack of drummies for us and I’ll cook them up like wings. Here are the ones I did the other evening. Weber Performer, Vortex and just S n P on the legs. I went back into the house to get a refreshment and when I came back I couldn’t believe the temp was only just above 225*. What happened!?! Well, I did have all vents wide open and it appears the Vortex took off! The needle had gone all the way around and was going for a second spin. Didn’t have to worry about crispy skin that night. It was a balmy 22* out, perfect night for grilling!
        Last edited by HawkerXP; January 15, 2022, 01:26 PM.

Comment

• gboss
          gboss commented
          Editing a comment
          seems like you need an altimeter-style thermometer with that thing!

• DTro
          DTro commented
          Editing a comment
          Thats warp speed cooking!

• Andrrr
          Andrrr commented
          Editing a comment
          Impressive on the needle wrapping. I’ve had it peg out before so who knows how hot it really got, but it has made me wonder if it ever caused permanent damage.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8054.jpg Views:	0 Size:	817.8 KB ID:	1159915

Simple beef teriyaki stir fry. Made it last night with this K-9 approved piece of flank steak. The veggies, sweet peppers, onion, carrot, and parsnips, were marinated in dash of sesame oil, soy and sherry before a quick stir fry, then blended with the beef before serving.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8031.jpg Views:	0 Size:	578.9 KB ID:	1159913

Last edited by DTro; January 15, 2022, 02:37 PM.

Comment

• Andrrr
          Andrrr commented
          Editing a comment
          That’s flank? Looks really well marbled. I bet it was delish.

New Orleans style red beans & rice, because…red beans & rice.Click image for larger version  Name:	7B318450-6837-499D-BCAD-A0C161EBAEE0.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.60 MB ID:	1159976
        Last edited by Texas Larry; January 15, 2022, 04:43 PM.

Comment

• SheilaAnn
          SheilaAnn commented
          Editing a comment
          Best reason ever to have red beans and rice.

Quick and easy tonight

Name:	904F662C-D7AF-4C2F-8932-AC6BB22B5595.jpeg
Views:	220
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	1159988 Click image for larger version

Name:	5EC4D58F-089A-42AD-A792-FB64405614A8.jpeg
Views:	222
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	1159989

Comment

• Andrrr
          Andrrr commented
          Editing a comment
          You sure love anchovies on pizza huh?

Pulled chuck roast sandwich with horseradish mayo and caramelized onion and smoked Mac and cheese
        Attached Files

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
          Dr. Pepper commented
          Editing a comment
          Moist!

• SheilaAnn
          SheilaAnn commented
          Editing a comment
          But that Mac n cheese!

Winter Storm Izzy is headed straight for us, and if the weather folks are to be believed it'll dump several inches of snow on us, bring high winds, lots of ice, power outages, and usher in the very apocalypse itself

So I prepared for the end of days the best way I know how: I made a big ol' batch of chili
        Attached Files

Comment

• Andrrr
          Andrrr commented
          Editing a comment
          Those weathermen have gloom and doom down to a science, don’t they? Well if you do get hit with the cold, wind and snow you should probably throw something on the smoker and post pics. There are at least a few of us here that deal with those conditions for 3-4 months out of the year. You can do it!

• SheilaAnn
          SheilaAnn commented
          Editing a comment
          Stay safe and warm, friend. You will obviously be well fed!

• smokin fool
          smokin fool commented
          Editing a comment
          Yup, they're telling us we're in for a good dumping overnight.
          Perfect comfort food for a stormy day.
          Nice Job

Such a bounty we have on hand right now from our CSA. I roasted a romanesco (math geek alert: romanescoes have a fractal growth habit) with turmeric and sumac. Paired that with wilted rainbow chard and spinach. Check out the yummy hog jowl bacon lardons!

Name:	2022-01-15 18.05.54.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	169.2 KB
ID:	1160023

Name:	2022-01-15 18.10.55.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	165.9 KB
ID:	1160022

Name:	2022-01-15 18.16.21.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	232.9 KB
ID:	1160021

Comment

• theroc
          theroc commented
          Editing a comment
          The romanesco sounds wonderful. Can you share the recipe?

• Jim White
          Jim White commented
          Editing a comment
          theroc No real recipe. I just cut up the romanesco, coated it with EVOO and then shook turmeric and sumac on it until it looked right, tossing in a small bowl to coat. The it went on a silpat in a 375 oven. At minutes, the oil was smoking so I dropped the temp to 350. Total oven time was 20 minutes. I then lightly salted before serving Inspired by my daughter roasting cauliflower with turmeric for us in our anniversary dinner recently.

• theroc
          theroc commented
          Editing a comment
          Very nice. Thanks.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here