Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us What You're Cooking! (SUWYC)- Volume 21, Spring 2021

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breakfast of the Irish.

Formed corned beef into a patty and put under the broiler to get a little crust on it.

Two poached eggs. Taste was great.

Having trouble keeping the corned beef held together. Anybody have thoughts on how to bind it together? I saw one recipe that called for bread crumbs, but I don’t recall ever seeing bread crumbs in a corned beef patty.
    Attached Files

Comment

Meat n' green stuff

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2664.jpg
Views:	493
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	1009189Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2665.jpg
Views:	496
Size:	123.8 KB
ID:	1009190

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
        Dr. Pepper commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice meal, great photos.

Dry-brined and reverse-seared a Primal Pastures rack of lamb. Coated with Omnivore's Sicilia sauce before searing. Served with stewed lentils.

Continue to be really impressed with Primal Pasture's lamb.

Name:	PXL_20210327_024555335.jpg
Views:	513
Size:	271.8 KB
ID:	1009197

Name:	PXL_20210327_025442838.jpg
Views:	490
Size:	185.8 KB
ID:	1009198

Comment

• SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        theroc my old job carries their chicken. Clucking fantastic chicken! Never had the lamb, though. Your cook looks awesome!

They are here in Murrietta.

• theroc
        theroc commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks SheilaAnn . Agree 100% about the chicken. They're PastureBirds aren't they?

• SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        theroc yup

today for the neighbors cooking onion bombs on the Weber 22...
      the most work is always the prep..
      i first cut a x in onion /box it in and scoop it out with a spoon...cut around the onion again until i have it hollowed out.
      stuff with ground chuck and hamburger 70/30 hamburger..with 2 diced jalapenos/ and 1 pack diced bella mushrooms/ and a bbq rub...
      wrap around with bacon..3 to 4 slices..pin it on top...grill at 275..11/2 hour..till 165 internal..top with bbq sauce..Big Bob Gibson red sauce..i used..and mozzarella cheese..about 10 more minutes..
      . this is my first cook in many years on a weber kettle..forgot how good they really are

Attached Files

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Look amazing👍

There's something about a cold beer. When it's just the right cold you know. MAN!!!

Name:	PXL_20210327_174748721.jpg
Views:	502
Size:	153.0 KB
ID:	1009272

Comment

• 58limited
        58limited commented
        Editing a comment
        Ernest Have you had Celis White? Basically the same thing as Hoegaarden but made in Austin by the same family that made Hoegaarden before having to sell out in the 1980s (brewery burned down, no insurance).
        Last edited by 58limited; March 27, 2021, 04:51 PM.

• Ernest
        Ernest commented
        Editing a comment
        58limited I have seen that one but kept passing on it. I'll have to give it a try now

• 58limited
        58limited commented
        Editing a comment
        Pierre Celis revived the Belgian Witbeir style with Hoegaarden in the 1960s. He is one of the leaders of the craft beer revival that swept the world in the late 20th century. His daughter and grand daughter now run the Austin brewery.

Going on the Silverback
      Attached Files

Comment

Panhead John I’ll give you three guesses .... none of it involves clams

Name:	D27FC21F-960A-4785-8A71-9907353B7C6E.jpeg
Views:	472
Size:	135.2 KB
ID:	1009313

Name:	A6DDA04A-A04F-4DEE-B194-203090D84A9B.jpeg
Views:	466
Size:	301.2 KB
ID:	1009314

Name:	0154CFDE-CC19-4D5E-A092-92AF4288E930.jpeg
Views:	461
Size:	226.7 KB
ID:	1009315

Comment

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          Dang, you’re good

• SheilaAnn
          SheilaAnn commented
          Editing a comment
          My takeaway is the shiner bock. Haven’t had one of those in forever!

My guess was chili.

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          SheilaAnn yep, making my version of Texas Chili. Shiner Bock is what I drink when I’m making it.

Reverse seared picanha😎
        Attached Files

Comment

Welcome from Western Massachusetts. Nice cook.

Comment

ofelles 's Posole Rojo recipe:

Name:	posole_rojo1.jpg
Views:	474
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	1009376

Comment

• 58limited
              58limited commented
              Editing a comment
              fzxdoc Second day is even better! If you make this recipe beware: it makes nearly 2 gallons. I hope it doesn't take Rancho Gordo long to restock the hominy, I want to make my Hopalong Hominy with it.

• fzxdoc
              fzxdoc commented
              Editing a comment
              Two gallons! Wow. 58limited . We'd be eating that for a while. I didn't realize, so thanks for the heads up.

Kathryn

• 58limited
              58limited commented
              Editing a comment
              fzxdoc I'll divide it up and freeze it for later; also taking some to work. I figured the recipe would make a lot, just didn't figure on 2 gallons - it calls for 8 lbs meat, you make the base stock with 10-12 cups broth and add the pureed peppers to it along with the hominy (16oz dry that you reconstitute) and it fills the stock pot.

2 pork tenderloins, turkey breast and sweet taters

Name:	IMG_1871.JPG
Views:	458
Size:	275.8 KB
ID:	1009412

Attached Files

Comment

Smoked chuck roast
              homemade beef rub
              Experiment #1
              Attached Files

Comment

• treesmacker
                treesmacker commented
                Editing a comment
                Veeerrrryyyy nice!!

Name:	20210327_190345.jpg
Views:	485
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	1009450

Steak Salad tonight. Used the constant flip method on the Weber gasser and the back side of Grill Grates. A dry brined NY Strip Steak and all the fixins' . My Wife liked it a lot!

Comment

First on want to wish all who celebrate the Jewish holiday of Passover a joyful time with your loved ones.

I did pork tenderloin on the kettle. Dry brined a few hours and loaded up with Memphis Dust. On direct with SnS. Flipped every couple of minutes till 145. Grilled baked potato. Very flavor filled. Nice bark actually crunchy.

Name:	20210327_190835.jpg
Views:	531
Size:	182.2 KB
ID:	1009461Click image for larger version

Name:	20210327_191254.jpg
Views:	454
Size:	199.3 KB
ID:	1009462Click image for larger version

Name:	20210327_191408.jpg
Views:	454
Size:	155.6 KB
ID:	1009463
                ​​​​​​​

Comment

• RichieB
                  RichieB commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Dr. Pepper I am Jewish. Due to Covid and my daughters family going into isolation till mid-next week it's put on hold. It would have been a brisket and all the fixin's. So I changed it up. No regrets with food. Not being with family kinda stinks. Oh, on the plus side there is my wife, everyday team captain.

• Dr. Pepper
                  Dr. Pepper commented
                  Editing a comment
                  RichieB I suffer from the same affliction (being Jewish, not Covid.) Last week RonB posted a meal with a great looking latke, only to admit that it was fried in bacon grease. Temptation surrounds us! A süßen Pesach to you and yours.

• RonB
                  RonB commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Dr. Pepper - you're welcome...

Friday night i made up some cedar plank steelhead trout. i just hit 'em with olive oil, kosher salt, coarse ground pepper, granulated garlic and some brown sugar. came out delicious!

Name:	IMG_20210326_200739090.jpg
Views:	468
Size:	167.2 KB
ID:	1009515

while it was cooking i decided to make some roasted salsa. i usually let it sit overnight so flavors meld. if you want to eat right away just cook it on low heat for a while to get it melding. i added roasdted garlic, too, but forgot about it so did after pic was shot. this is an excellent blend for chile rellenos or juevos rancheros!

Name:	IMG_20210326_170025871.jpg
Views:	453
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	1009514

Name:	IMG_20210326_171532201.jpg
Views:	462
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	1009513

Name:	IMG_20210326_172102582.jpg
Views:	468
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	1009512

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here