Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite bourbon, favorite Scotch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Four Roses' makes for a great whiskey sour. Some like to put a cherry in their sour but with FR it already comes built-in with dark cherry tones. Great recipe from the Drink Skool boys on youtube.

My go-to bourbon is Henry McKenna. Note the Irish name, they brought the family recipe to Kentucky in the 1800's and it's a real manly whiskey with some good kick - need to let the ice ball settle into it for a few. Less than $30 with Bevmo coupon so it's a good deal.

With scotch I like Red Breast. Very smooth but I haven't tried any really expensive options.

Comment

Basil Hayden Dark Rye

Comment

Rabbit Hole aged in sherry casks, Angels Envy, Basil Hayden, Four roses small batch or single barrel. Just to name a few of my favs...

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	95F56C9E-867A-4E75-A9FA-C170E48E96EE.jpeg
Views:	183
Size:	138.3 KB
ID:	550886 We can talk about what we like, but in my case it’s What I don’t have that concerns me !!! Liquor store closed too !!!

Comment

Blanton's. Glenfiddich - but anything that hasn't hit a sherry cask yet. Once it's been casked sweet, it loses something for me. I like the old leather taste of the 18 (it's the peat, I'm told).

Comment

I do enjoy me some Basil Haydens, or through my recent discovery of an alcohol club, Tamdhu 10 year

Comment

For bourbon, I’m a Wild Turkey fan - specifically Rare Breed or Kentucky Spirit, but 101 is always in my liquor cabinet.

For scotch, I love Balvenie single barrel 15 year.

For the record: I like my bourbon on the rocks, and my scotch neat.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	McCallan1.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	551708Click image for larger version

Name:	McCallan2.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	551707

Comment

I just picked up a bottle of Colonel E.H. Taylor Small Batch Bourbon on sale. If you have never tried it, this a great bourbon folks. A very easy sipper. I don’t think this bottle will last very long on my shelf.

Comment

Every day drinking Michters US-1 bourbon, macallan 10 yr fine oak, going all out, George T Stagg(not the lesser stag jr) bourbon and the balvenie 21 yr port wood finish scotch.

Comment

Everyday drinking would be Maker's Mark. If I'm going fancy, I like Blanton's. Scotch.....would be Glenfiddich 18, but only when someone else is buying. I have ventured over into the Japanese whiskey's and boy are they GOOD!

Comment

• EdF
                          EdF commented
                          Editing a comment
                          So I've heard, but haven't had the pleasure so far!

Hullo there friends. I am a huge Angel's Envy fan. It's sweetness is just like candy on the lips. I also like Woodford Reserve. The unfortunate thing is that they are a little pricey as regular stock so I usually default to my Irish Whiskey Jameson. Jameson and I have a long, complicated and passionate relationship that leaves me dramatically yelling "Why can't I quit you!"

Comment

• EdF
                          EdF commented
                          Editing a comment
                          "I can't quit you Baby! So I have to put you down ... for a while"!

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here