Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You have to eat nothing but 3 soups for a year...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is great. Several I'd not have thought of, especially Broccoli Cheddar.

Oh and stews are fine. Yeah, I know, not technically the same thing but kind of the same purpose, a meal in a bowl. That's NOT pulled pork, ecowper!

Comment

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      you got something against pulled pork in a bowl?

• Bkhuna
      Bkhuna commented
      Editing a comment
      ecowper - Just use pulled pork to make chilie verde, he'll never know.

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      Bkhuna brilliant!

And since rickgregory gave his blessing .....
    Boeuf Bourguignon - Stacy's recipe, of course

Texas Chili - my recipe, of course

And Cassoulet

And then all that other stuff!
    Last edited by ecowper; September 2, 2021, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Cioppino
      Seafood chowder
      Chicken somthinatori

Comment

French onion
        Smoked chuck/brisket chili
        Hatteras style clam chowder

Comment

Are we considering stew's as a soup? I mean beef and brunswick stews are high up there. Especially chicken and dumplings but I am not sure If I would call them soups?

Comment

• DavidNorcross
            DavidNorcross commented
            Editing a comment
            I see where stews were addressed above. Still not sure on that one but ok, works for me.

• Bkhuna
            Bkhuna commented
            Editing a comment
            Especially the Brunswick Stew from Brunswick, GA.

My wifes chicken. SIL's lentil. And the no longer in existence, No Name restaurant off of Atlantic Ave. Boston. Their Fish Chowder.

Comment

Chili, clam chowder, and this mushroom soup I had at a hotel in Germany. We were just sightseeing for the day and stopped at this hotel for the night - no reservation. This was 20 years ago. I don't remember the entre I had but I haven't forgotten that soup. By the way, unless it's chili, soup is a side only.

Comment

NE Clam chowder
              Chicken tortilla
              Navy beans and ham hocks

HOWEVER….I’ve never thought of chili or gumbo as sure enough soups—although they are "soup-like". So I’d need to have a list of five just in case they are soups.

Comment

Some kind of clam chowder, ham and bean or split pea and whatever leftovers we have to be creative with for the third, soup kind is what u make out of it to me.

Comment

Chilie verde, Ramen, Chicken and Dumplings.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here