Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us what you're cooking - 3/6/2016 through 11/7/2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beercan chickens in december..

Last edited by Elton's BBQ; December 18, 2016, 10:42 AM. Reason: Correcting html

Comment

-3 Degrees outside....Homemade BBQ Chicken Pizza.....No rise crust.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3203.JPG
Views:	226
Size:	409.1 KB
ID:	252183Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3204.JPG
Views:	204
Size:	417.5 KB
ID:	252182

Comment

• bbqoaf
        bbqoaf commented
        Editing a comment
        That looks so good.

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Sign me up brother!!!

• fuzzydaddy
        fuzzydaddy commented
        Editing a comment
        I'd like to place an order please. Seriously great looking pizza!

If there was ever a poster child for what sous vide cooking is good for, this is it: Sous Vide Duck Confit

Turned out to be a 4 day process: Thaw for 24 hours; brine (salt, thyme, and peppcorns) for 24 hours; SV at 170 F for 12 hours, then reheat (SV. of course) then sear and serve.

The result? Almost perfect on the first try! Next time, I'll cut back on the salt and add a bit of rosemary in an effort to remove the word "almost".

Brined and bagged ... with duck fat, bay leaf, and thyme sprigs:

Name:	Duck Confit Ready for the Hot Tub.JPG
Views:	228
Size:	361.5 KB
ID:	252383

Plated ... with roasted garlic mashed potatoes and maple syrup glazed bacon-wrapped Brussels sprouts:

Name:	Duck Confit Plated.JPG
Views:	191
Size:	298.3 KB
ID:	252384

I'm no food photographer and the iPhone 6 is no Hasselblad ... so these will have to do ...

Comment

• Gator Lau
        Gator Lau commented
        Editing a comment
        That meal is BEAUTIFUL! And I bet it tastes as beautiful, too.

• CaptainMike
        CaptainMike commented
        Editing a comment
        Tres bien!

• Ernest
        Ernest commented
        Editing a comment
        Bravo!

Meatloaf, served with Brussels Sprouts that were first cooked using the Michael Voltaggio microwave+vacuum bag technique (which I have been using a lot lately), then pan sauteed with homemade bacon lardons.

Name:	ml2.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	252477

Name:	bs.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	252476

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
        fuzzydaddy commented
        Editing a comment
        It all looks great!

Tri-Tip tonight. Woulda posted sooner, but I was too busy eating.... That's Mrs. O'Leary's Cow Crust on the meat. Doesn't show the color of the meat very well. It was good!

Name:	12-19-16 Tri Tip-1.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	319.2 KB
ID:	252602Click image for larger version

Name:	12-19-16 Tri Tip-2.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	313.5 KB
ID:	252603

Comment

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        Delicious looking. I like the color of the meat a lot.

• David Parrish
        David Parrish commented
        Editing a comment
        Did you cook this Trisket style?

• Deaf Arty
        Deaf Arty commented
        Editing a comment
        Trisket style?

SV Pork Chops 140 Degrees for 1.5 hours then pan seared. Very tasty but texture was a little chewy. Not as tender as when I grill or bake.

Any Suggestions? Higher temperature or more or less time. Or ditch SV for Pork Chops?

Name:	IMG_3210.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	203.6 KB
ID:	252872

Comment

• troymeister
        troymeister commented
        Editing a comment
        Very interesting... David Parrish and Breadhead. I followed Anova's recipe and they were suggesting 140 for 45 minutes and not more than 2 hours. I figured 1.5 hours would be ok. It was an after work cook so a very long SV wasn't an option.

• Breadhead
        Breadhead commented
        Editing a comment
        Troy... I'm not an expert but I've been cooking pork chops to 140° for quite a while. That just seems like a good temp to me. But I do think more time in the bath tub will give you more tender meat.

• troymeister
        troymeister commented
        Editing a comment
        I will try next time.

2 - 10lbs pork butts done on the GMG DB...
      Attached Files

Comment

Bacon for Christmas!
        Attached Files

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          nothing wrong with this.....at all

• David Parrish
          David Parrish commented
          Editing a comment
          I dunno, one on right looks weird. Scott tell you what, I'll come check it out for ya!

• scottranda
          scottranda commented
          Editing a comment
          David Parrish I tested it this morning. It's fine. No need for you to volunteer your services!

Chicken Pot Pies! My MIL is staying with us while her broken foot heals, and our son is home for Christmas. They both love pot pies, so I decided to make 4 individual 6" pies yesterday. I used this recipe, but would make 50% more gravy next time. I also added some diced, cooked potatoes. They turned out great, but could have used more gravy as noted.

Name:	CM7I1029.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	291.1 KB
ID:	253431

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
          fuzzydaddy commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks delicious!

• lschweig
          lschweig commented
          Editing a comment
          Homemade chicken pot pie is the best.

Here was my first attempt at using my Joule... Everything turned out pretty well except I got too excited looking at the results and should have turned it to cut against the grain instead of with it.

Name:	IMG_2343.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	210.2 KB
ID:	253589Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2346.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	293.2 KB
ID:	253587Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2347.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	250.2 KB
ID:	253588

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow, perfect color. Nicely done. (Yeah, other than the with-grain slicing, but if it was easily chewable who cares)

Winter ribs on the stickburner today. Nice calm weather today, sunny and 37.

I decided I'd better find a good way to melt the snow off of it. So some porcine costals/intercostals fit the bill. St Louis cut, 1 rack with HRR and one with MMD, both with extra brown sugar topper. Ash wood, some oak to start the coals.

Click image for larger version  Name:	ribs2-12-22-16.PNG Views:	1 Size:	92.1 KB ID:	253594

Click image for larger version  Name:	ribs12-22-16.PNG Views:	1 Size:	97.3 KB ID:	253595

With one of my favorite sides- cheap box mac 'n cheese!

Name:	ribs3-12-22-16 (2).jpg
Views:	176
Size:	241.0 KB
ID:	254485

Comment

• David Parrish
          David Parrish commented
          Editing a comment
          How's the Smoke treating you?

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          David Parrish I'm digging it. I can get the receiver to stand up, although it's a weeble wobble. I like the magnet on the transmitter. It's a win, it could be buttoned up to be better, but it's a win.

• David Parrish
          David Parrish commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah I agree. Best thing out there right now for my daily purposes. For logging cooks there's the Fireboard.

It rained in Hermosa Beach today.🙄 So I improvised. Dunch, a Prime grade Ribeye cooked in the Sous Vide bath tub, seared indoors in a cast iron skillet. Red potatoes nuked in the microwave, mashed and I added butter, salt, pepper, sour cream and green onions. Store bought bread and a glass of Merlot.😎 Just keeping it simple.👍
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Breadhead; December 22, 2016, 06:11 PM.

Comment

• bbqoaf
          bbqoaf commented
          Editing a comment
          Steaks look perfectly cooked.

• Breadhead
          Breadhead commented
          Editing a comment
          bbqoaf ... Sous Vide and a skillet is a no brainer for steaks!!!
          Last edited by Breadhead; December 22, 2016, 08:39 PM.

• Breadhead
          Breadhead commented
          Editing a comment
          mgaretz ... I get lazy every now and then.🙈

Mild winter weather today, in the 50's..so I smoked a pair of briskets today(approx 13# ea after trimming).
        Dry brined both over night and gave them a good dose of BBBR & few shakes of Montreal seasoning.
        The scary part: I Wet Aged one for 3.5 weeks, while the other one was purchased Wed morning. Wow! The aged brisket passed the Sniff Test and was so loose and floppy I felt as though I could've tied in a knot.
        Put them on the stick burner with some beef back ribs(Post Oak coal bed & Pecan splits). Ribs were nothing worth writing about, just OK. However the briskets were fantastic.
        Aged one noticeably more tender and probably could have pulled it earlier than I did.(12 hours at 225℉). Still, a fun and tasty food experiment😎 ...... Merry Christmas everyone! Oh, I like store bought bread, here are my grilled cheese sandwiches with smoked spiral glazed ham. Made them on the fire box griddle. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0286.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	253733Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0295.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	323.2 KB
ID:	253732Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0291.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	385.6 KB
ID:	253731

Comment

• DWCowles
          DWCowles commented
          Editing a comment
          Beautiful

Bacon...
        Attached Files

Comment

Here are the aged strip steaks grilled last night in the snow Used my weber ranch kettle with the SnS and also the grill plate for the mushrooms. Click image for larger version

Name:	grilling i nthe snow 2.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	244.8 KB
ID:	254243Click image for larger version

Name:	steaks finished.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	214.7 KB
ID:	254244
        Attached Files

Comment

• David Parrish
          David Parrish commented
          Editing a comment
          That's a beautiful thing!

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here