Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us what you're cooking - 3/6/2016 through 11/7/2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Char siu made in the air fryer, mixed into fried rice with mixed vegetables.

Click image for larger version

Name:	cs-af.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	261493

Name:	cs-rice.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	261494

Comment

I had a really nice cook yesterday on the KEG. It took a while to heat up from 0 F but once it was heated up she ran smooth all day and into the night.

I used a very simple rub yesterday. Salt, Pepper and Granulated Garlic. I used hickory smoke. I went pretty heavy with the smoke for this cook. I wanted a heavier profile for the tacos I am making tonight.

I was really happy with the bark formation on these butts. JET BLACK. and they had a very rich smokey flavor. but not too over powering but defiantly tasted like the open fire.

Name:	IMG_1627.JPG
Views:	224
Size:	277.9 KB
ID:	261499Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1625.JPG
Views:	222
Size:	195.1 KB
ID:	261500

Comment

• troymeister
        troymeister commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks Beautiful...What is the KEG?

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Broil King Keg troymeister

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Spinaker, that's how I like my butts!!!! Dem bones like yer holdin, and alla' dat jet black make for one helluva pot o' beans. (I save butt bones, rib bones, etc. in ziplocs in th' freezer, use em in other cooks!) ;-) T' get t' th' marrow of th' matter... ;-)

2.75 lb ribeye Tomorrow nights dinner Click image for larger version  Name:	1484079915070.jpg Views:	1 Size:	23.5 KB ID:	261978

Comment

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        Ooh!

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        That's what I'm talkin' bout!

2nd cook in the Jumbo Joe:

Pork loin with roasted red skins (I LOVE the capacity of this little cooker). These 2 items were served with a salad that was as good as it's going to to get in terms of produce in Michigan during winter.

Name:	IMG_0821.JPG
Views:	227
Size:	328.5 KB
ID:	262396Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0823.JPG
Views:	210
Size:	282.3 KB
ID:	262395Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0822.JPG
Views:	232
Size:	314.4 KB
ID:	262394

Comment

Did a pulled beef on the BGE today. Getting real close to a quality rub now with my licorice experiments. Cooked it for 8 hours, then 1 hour rest. Served it with red beets and pickled cucumber. Pretty darn good.

Name:	Pulled_beef.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	243.6 KB
ID:	262945

Comment

• tbob4
          tbob4 commented
          Editing a comment
          EdF - I've been having a really difficult time lately with Henrik and Huskee 's photos because they are too good!

• EdF
          EdF commented
          Editing a comment
          I know what you're saying tbob4

• Henrik
          Henrik commented
          Editing a comment
          Well, I'm not big on licorice, my wife is. But I cooked this all for myself. It should be noted that there is a subtle hint of licorice, so it still tastes like pulled beef (as it should).

Trying something different with some wings today will let you know if it works Click image for larger version

Name:	1484339535689.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	262953

Comment

The only thing wrong with small butts, is that there is not enough leftovers

Comment

While my beef ribs were cooking today, look what the mailman brought. What chance do you think they have on getting me to subscribe? Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0931.JPG
Views:	214
Size:	340.9 KB
ID:	263020

Comment

• Gator Lau
              Gator Lau commented
              Editing a comment
              I might look at the inside, just to see what they think I'm missing

• smokinfatties
              smokinfatties commented
              Editing a comment
              Look! Free kindling for the charcoal chimney to start your briquettes!

• EdF
              EdF commented
              Editing a comment
              Life can be a generous thing!

Name:	Knock off 1.JPG
Views:	216
Size:	233.8 KB
ID:	263127Click image for larger version

Name:	Knock off 2.JPG
Views:	214
Size:	236.8 KB
ID:	263128Click image for larger version

Name:	Knock off 3.JPG
Views:	215
Size:	317.4 KB
ID:	263129
            Knock off In-N-Out burgers on the flat side of the Grillgrates. Salt and pepper and then slathered in mustard (ball park - yellow). At the chagrin of my wife, I actually buttered the Grillgrates. Special (Animal) Sauce - Mayo, ketchup, relish, pepper and apple cider vinegar. Burger patties were thin and flipped a couple of times. Cheese melted with aid of a pan on top of the patties. Pretty good facsimile of the real thing. Oh - buns toasted on the buttery surface, as well. I think it would work well with the Drip and Griddle pan, as well.

Comment

• tbob4
              tbob4 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Mr. Bones - Try the trick - thin patty, salt, pepper and cover with mustard. The taste of the burger was really similar. I wasn't trying for a medium rare - just grilling and flipping.

• Spinaker
              Spinaker commented
              Editing a comment
              Great Pictures man!!! The GG's look great!

• tbob4
              tbob4 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Spinaker

Another pork butt on the Kamado Joe. Started at about 8:00AM. Dinner about 5:30 pm.
            KJ Lump, pecan and cherry wood, Meathead's Memphis Dust.
            Cooking at 250F.
            Outside temperature at start was 53F.

You can see it cook at

DeviceID -> 1205

Name:	IMG_0609.JPG
Views:	207
Size:	225.7 KB
ID:	263623Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0615.JPG
Views:	186
Size:	174.8 KB
ID:	263624

One of the things I like about the FlameBoss unit is that it can run the fan at any percentage up to 100%. They claim to be the only product that can actually vary the fan. I know it results in extremely stable temperatures in the pit, but I don't know if other units run the fan at full speed or can vary it like this unit.

Comment

• tbob4
              tbob4 commented
              Editing a comment
              That's really fun - thanks!

• EdF
              EdF commented
              Editing a comment
              That's a fine-looking unit. BBQ Dragon has a variable fan, but you have to do the varying manually. And it blows cool air. Not quite the same kind of product.

It's about 4:00 PM. Pit has been on 250F since about 8:00 AM. Meat temp up to 176. Bark formed. Time to wrap it and kick up the temperature. (Yes, I underestimated it again - well actually I overslept a little)

Name:	IMG_0619.JPG
Views:	211
Size:	226.5 KB
ID:	263835

Comment

• CaptainMike
              CaptainMike commented
              Editing a comment
              Mine just came off at 205F. Sitting patiently in the cambro...

• jgg85234
              jgg85234 commented
              Editing a comment
              Pulled it off at 203. Used my Thermapen Mk.4 to see how tender it was. It was VERY tender everywhere. Double wrapped it and headed out at 5:40 PM. Dinner at 5:50. It was delicious. Got ripped apart so fast when I arrived that I didn't get a photo.
              Jim

Lazy man Q today with two store prepared meat loaves. These things are so good, so easy, and so cheap! Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	425.6 KB
ID:	263864Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	382.3 KB
ID:	263865

Comment

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              Great pics!

Todays smoke. 32 short ribs and 10 racks of st.louis. The short ribs were awesome. Tender and juicy and a great bark. It was a great day.

Name:	20170115_112200.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	319.2 KB
ID:	263869Click image for larger version

Name:	20170115_140930.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	368.1 KB
ID:	263867Click image for larger version

Name:	20170115_164558.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	196.0 KB
ID:	263868Click image for larger version

Name:	20170115_171136.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	198.7 KB
ID:	263870

Comment

• Spinaker
              Spinaker commented
              Editing a comment
              Hell yeah. Who were you cooking for?

• tbob4
              tbob4 commented
              Editing a comment
              Beautiful!

• Smokedstanley
              Smokedstanley commented
              Editing a comment
              Spinaker, a good chunk was mine and then friends and family. I was able to save one short rib for later, and that took some will power.

Smoked a turkey using Meathead's recipe. It maybe the best I've ever had. I made the gravy recipe too. Super rich flavor!
            Attached Files

Comment

• tbob4
              tbob4 commented
              Editing a comment
              Great looking!

Well I put the ribs in the PBC for about 4.5 hours average temp 230-240, sauced them a couple of times, took them out at about 185 and lrt them cool for a while as I set up the SV to 185 and let ti cook another 3.75 hours, my daughter was over and I have been cooking ribs for her 34 years, it was the best rib she has ever had, my wife being from Kansas wouldn't say it cause California beef can't compare to KS beef (which I have to agree) but she did say it was the tenderest, you still had to pull the meat off the bone but it melted in your mouth
            Attached Files

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here