Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us what you're cooking - 3/6/2016 through 11/7/2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wednesday Night's Q: NY Strip, 2 Mini Rib Eyes, Yukon Gold, French Onion and Roasted Broccoli.....All on SnS except the French Onion..Everyone was happy!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3114.JPG
Views:	157
Size:	352.9 KB
ID:	240278Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3108.JPG
Views:	162
Size:	416.2 KB
ID:	240279Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3113.JPG
Views:	126
Size:	338.7 KB
ID:	240280Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3116.JPG
Views:	149
Size:	370.9 KB
ID:	240281

Comment

2:00 am steak. 'Tis my Friday and I won't be sleeping too soon so my "lunch" was as follows-

1lb Angus ribeye. Trimmed well and dry brined 3hrs. Front seared over well lit charcoal and one chunk of well lit peach wood. Only fresh cracked pepper added after that.
      1 bottle of 2009 Right-bank French Bordeaux.
      Oh, an 4 pieces of New York brand garlic toast (the best ever).
      No veggies, sorry mom.

Name:	steak11-17-16.PNG
Views:	174
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	240311

Comment

Originally posted by Huskee View Post
        1 bottle of 2009 Right-bank French Bordeaux.
        Interesting that the wine is more than a bit blurry ... I've had more than a few fine meals where that happened, too ... ...

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol. Notice I didn't say a glass or two..but 1 bottle! (It wasn't anything too expensive even though it might sound like it).

Pulled pork. Rubbed with MeatHead's Memphis Dust (salt included version) and dry-brined for about 14 hours, re-dusted on the top, then smoked at 225F for just shy of 10 hours to an IT of 203F. I allowed for a 12 hour cook so it sat in the faux cambro for 2.5 hours. Nice bark and very juicy.

Just off the Rec Tec and ready to go in the faux cambro:

Name:	pulled-pork-w2.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	240494

And served:

Name:	pulled-pork-p2.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	240495

Comment

• smokinfatties
          smokinfatties commented
          Editing a comment
          beautiful!!

• tbob4
          tbob4 commented
          Editing a comment
          Ditto what smokinfatties said!

Friday Night Al Pastor....Homemade seasoning of course...

Name:	IMG_3125.JPG
Views:	152
Size:	410.1 KB
ID:	241080Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3128.JPG
Views:	131
Size:	245.7 KB
ID:	241081

Comment

• tbob4
          tbob4 commented
          Editing a comment
          Perfect! Nothing better than BBQ on a tortilla with the fixings!

My parents are hosting their annual gourmet meat party tomorrow night, so I've cured a pastrami as well as two legs of lamb to make lamb ham. Smoke starts at 5 am tomorrow, I'll post pics of the finished product and let you know how the lamb ham turns out.

I'm extra excited for this pastrami as I saw a monster sized perfectly marbled packer and successfully got them to cut off part of it as I didn't need one so big. I instructed them where to cut, and so I ended up with a brisket that's probably 75% point! Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	415.3 KB
ID:	241135Click image for larger version

Views:	144
Size:	434.3 KB
ID:	241136

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice! I can see why you're so excited. Have fun!

Pastrami 5 hrs in just before I flipped it. Lamb ham going on in about 3 hrs. Click image for larger version

Views:	125
Size:	392.3 KB
ID:	241302

Comment

Lamb hams tied, just went on the kettle, the pastrami is now firmly in stall and barking beautifully. Click image for larger version

Views:	127
Size:	335.5 KB
ID:	241372
          Attached Files

Comment

Lamb has been on for an hour in this pic, right before I wrapped the pastrami.

Views:	137
Size:	403.7 KB
ID:	241415

Comment

Lamb at 126 IT at time of this pic. The cherry wood is done so now as soon as it hits 150 it comes off for a rest before serving. Click image for larger version

Views:	138
Size:	425.7 KB
ID:	241435

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                Jerod Broussard commented
                Editing a comment
                Yep, Mary indeed HAD a little lamb....and when she saw it sicken, she took it to a packing house, and now it's labeled chicken. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Ooh! Aah!

Comment

Getting a jump on the turkey.

We always travel out of town to be with family on Thanksgiving, so we never get leftovers. So we're smoking our own turkey early.
                10.6# free-range turkey from Whole Foods. By-the-book AR Ultimate Smoked Turkey. Hard to go wrong! Dry brined, then rubbed
                with Simon and Garfunkel rub. Short stock catching the drippings. Cooking on a smoke vault with apple wood. Can't wait!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20161119_132631620_HDR.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.82 MB ID:	241458

Wonderful color and crispy skin on the finished bird.

Name:	IMG_20161119_172014416.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	199.7 KB
ID:	241697
                Last edited by theroc; November 20, 2016, 09:44 AM. Reason: Adding photo of the finished turkey

Comment

Pulled at 150 IT and into the fridge to stop the cooking process. They will be served in about 2 1/2 hours. Pastrami is at 201, I'll snap some finished sliced pics at the party for my fellow Q nerds. Click image for larger version

Views:	140
Size:	429.6 KB
ID:	241463

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
                    fuzzydaddy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yummmmy!

• bbqoaf
                    bbqoaf commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Jerod Broussard so true, it just disappeared at the party, best recipe on the site IMHO.

• Jerod Broussard
                    Jerod Broussard commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Great to hear

I didn't get any pics because the crowd was hungry, but this may have been my best pastrami yet, it really was an extraordinarily marbled brisket.

The lamb ham was not my best work. I cured it for 6 days but there were still parts of the inside that were uncured, the colour difference was hilarious. Next time I would let it soak for at least 10 days. The flavour was just ok, I'd add more herbs and I think I desalinated it for too long (8 hrs) as it was a little bland. It was still pretty tasty and people enjoyed it, but it didn't blow me away like good Q should. I think it will make nice sangers with some mayo and mustard this week.

Comment

A nice big ribeye, cooked SV at 125F then dusted with Magic Browning Powder and torch-seared. Served with baked potato (45 minutes in the air fryer), salad and too many glasses of red.

Name:	ribeye2.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	241753

Comment

• GBA
                      GBA commented
                      Editing a comment
                      What brand of air fryer?

• EdF
                      EdF commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Looks great. So does your constituency like rare or medium-rare (just sussing your SV temp)?

• mgaretz
                      mgaretz commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Rare.

The air fryer is a Philips XL.

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here