Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Do Y’all Think About Plant Based Meats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Do Y’all Think About Plant Based Meats?

Not sure if this has been covered before, haven’t seen it anywhere. And I’ve looked hard. So, what do y’all think about it?
    Last edited by Panhead John; July 9, 2021, 05:05 PM.

Cue Stewie, the stick, and the horse.

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Stewie, lol

I'm not a fan, too soon to tell but the ultra processed food can't be that good for you. I prefer to have a regular vegetarian burger or black bean if I'm going that way. I don't want imitation meat, and the associated processing. I'll stick with beef in those instnances

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      Same.

This is strike 2!!

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Dave, where have you been? 😂
      Last edited by Panhead John; July 9, 2021, 05:25 PM.

Thanks for posting this!

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      I think it’s something we should discuss, instead of hiding in the bushes like we’ve been doing.

OMG!!!!

Comment

Yay!!!!! Let’s do it all over again!!!

Comment

If I want plants, I eat plants. If I want meat, I eat meat.

There’s one main reason they want to make plants taste like meat, so I refuse to go there.

seems like I posted this before…🤔

I tried an early version of plant based meat. I am open to the concept. I did not like what I tried at that time, I am sure it has improved. It did not impress me as a sub for meat flavor or texture. Is it still all ground stuff now, I don't even know. Has anyone tried smoking it, like in a meat loaf? Whatever your feelings

Comment

Hmmm, I dunno, it doesn't sound THAT bad. I mean, how bad could it be? Heck, I'll try anything once. Well, almost anything.

Comment

• Panhead John
            Panhead John commented
            Editing a comment
            Wait for my next post. "Plant Based Meat Posts…Can There Be Too Many?"
            Last edited by Panhead John; July 9, 2021, 07:51 PM.

Bump

Comment

What you have to wonder is why no one is going the opposite direction, and trying to make meat that tastes like plants...

I just don't see the point, as the plant based fake meat is so processed and has so many additives to make it into something that its not.

Comment

• jfmorris
              jfmorris commented
              Editing a comment
              ComfortablyNumb I think I would beat the crap of anyone who tried to feed me meat transformed into the likeness of vegetables... most ESPECIALLY kale... my wife likes a kale salad. Me, its just not right.... now if it looks like kale but tastes like bacon, I might eat it...

• Attjack
              Attjack commented
              Editing a comment
              Wilted bacon and kale salad dressed with warm bacon drippings is a hell of a good salad.

• Planner47
              Planner47 commented
              Editing a comment
              waiting for the meat based plants!!

I have not heard of this concept. Thanks for sharing. I just do not think I am interested though...

Comment

Now can we talk about a certain line of Plant-Based Dinnerware? Like the fact that if you are unsatisfied with your purchase the "customer service" email address [email protected] elicits no response? And the fact that the customer service phone number actually calls an Asian massage parlor in Toledo?

Comment

• CaptainMike
                CaptainMike commented
                Editing a comment
                HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

• Panhead John
                Panhead John commented
                Editing a comment
                Sorry for the mixup. Our customer service number was accidentally given to my side business in Toledo, PJ Enterprises. The correct number for PJ’s Plates is 1-800-BAD-PLATE. Our customer service rep Shu Ching will be happy to assist. We do expect longer than normal wait times.

I don't.

Comment

Me thinks you have a plant based beef.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here