Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Do Y’all Think About Plant Based Meats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panhead John You seem to be a vegetable disguised as meat, and I like ya just fine.

Comment

Panhead John Isn't today the day you are supposed to be volunteering at the hospital, changing bedpans, mopping floors, before you work in the serving line at the soup kitchen?

Comment

I don't know what to think. I guess we will try it and mess with it until we come up with a good recipe . It will be fun !

Comment

• bardsleyque
          bardsleyque commented
          Editing a comment
          I want the car in the avatar!

• bardsleyque
          bardsleyque commented
          Editing a comment
          I knew a guy that used to put aluminium Buick v6 into early Citroens.

I think about briskets

Comment

Haven't tried plant based meat, but read somewhere that microwaved ribs are amazing!

Comment

• ecowper
            ecowper commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow Panhead John …. You finally learned from my suggestions on the microwave reverse sear!

• Panhead John
            Panhead John commented
            Editing a comment
            ecowper Yep! As usual, I stay in the background, rarely posting, and observe others.

• ecowper
            ecowper commented
            Editing a comment
            You know, I’ve often heard you described as a wallflower, even, Panhead John

Having a slow day, are we?

Comment

Here is my response:

In response to the meatless burger craze, Arby’s has decided to come out with its own alternative: meat-based vegetables.

Comment

• bbqLuv
              bbqLuv commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh yeah. Looking good. Time to grill.

As long as the plant is a meat processing plant (aka slaughterhouse).

Comment

The meat I eat is mostly plant based because that is what cows and pigs eat to make muscle and fat so meat is based on plants. That other stuff ain't natural. And how the heck do you milk a almond or a oat. Never seen nipples on either one.

Comment

• ecowper
                ecowper commented
                Editing a comment
                I am a second order vegan :-)

• Ernest
                Ernest commented
                Editing a comment
                oh they got avocado milk now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• bardsleyque
                bardsleyque commented
                Editing a comment
                and hemp water,wait isn't that just bong water?

GARBAGE!!

Comment

I prefer plant based meat, meat based plants, and nut based milk. Whatever’s trendy at the moment, much like how I choose my beer 😂.

Comment

• Panhead John
                  Panhead John commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Gee, I wonder where that answer came from? 🧐

I think "#$%@%^&" and the horse you rode in on, and you may quote me.

Comment

• bardsleyque
                  bardsleyque commented
                  Editing a comment
                  with or without PBR?

• bbqLuv
                  bbqLuv commented
                  Editing a comment
                  PBR does not pair well that plant base meat. So no, no PBR.
                  No Plant Based Reviews either.
                  Thank you for your query.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here