Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glitchy's Mexican Beef Rub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glitchy's Mexican Beef Rub

Here is the rub I use for Mexican Shredded Beef (chuck roast). You can leave the salt out if dry brining. I rub on meat before smoking, and usually sprinkle a little more on after shredding. On chuck roast I wrap in foil after 4-5 hours, then cook to 204-207 IT at 275 pit temp and when that IT is hit, I turn down my smoker to 225ish and hold chuck roast over 200 IT for one hour. After resting, I shred and add a little more seasoning to taste, tossing shredded beef to mix in.

1 TB Kosher Salt
    1 1/2 TB chili powder
    1 tsp black pepper
    1 tsp ground cumin
    1/4 tsp ground chipotle pepper
    1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
    1/2 tsp Mexican (or regular) oregano
    1/2 tsp cilantro

Sounds like something to try out. Thanks.

Comment

Thanks for the rub and the method.

Comment

Nice! I see you used the 'recipe' tag too!

+2 points to you. (Points can be cashed in for more points).

Comment

• glitchy
          glitchy commented
          Editing a comment
          Dang i can’t tag my comments.

Tags:Bonus Points

Nice tag, amigo!

Comment

Hey! Are you competing with the El Cowper Carnitas Rub????

nice rub and method, yet more for me to try out .... on the list!

Comment

• CaptainMike
            CaptainMike commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, curiously similar to my Hueso de Jamon (Hambone, my longtime nickname) TexMex rub.

• ecowper
            ecowper commented
            Editing a comment
            CaptainMike It is shocking that we were trying to create a Mexican inspired rub and all came up with putting cumin, oregano, garlic, and chili powder in it.

• glitchy
            glitchy commented
            Editing a comment
            CaptainMike ecowper Brilliant minds think alike. Amazing since those flavors are so unique and non-typical.

Lovin it, many thanks fer sharin with us, Brother!

Comment

Dang, that's just like what I use on boneless, skinless chicken thighs for burrito bowls. I already know it's good!

Comment

Will try that rub!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here