Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Huskee's Rib Rub Recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dutchness
    replied
    Going to try out this rub next week. Thanks for posting!

3Tbsp table salt would be how much coarse sea salt? What about fine sea salt?/

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• richinlbrg
    commented on 's reply
    Actually, Dewesq55 , I have NO doubt it will be GREAT!

Just couldn't resist the pic! I'll try harder next time.

• Dewesq55
    commented on 's reply
    NOOOO! I added one thing and tweaked an amount of another. I'm sure the recipe is great. Can't wait for dinner.

• richinlbrg
    replied
    Hmmmm, why does this remind of this meme?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Dewesq55
    commented on 's reply
    I'm sure your right about the paprika. Odd just that I was doing EVERYTHING differently than I unusually do do o wasn't at least a familiar look to start out

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks! I use Swype too for years and love it, but you can get going so fast it's easy to miss the Swypos. I don't think you'll notice the paprika when the ribs are cooked, the bark is pretty dark. Hope you like!

• Dewesq55
    commented on 's reply
    So, when I made it for this cook I ended up adding an additional tsp of my homemade chili powder and I added 2 Tablespoons of paprika for color because I felt like it.

• Dewesq55
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, I had caught that "route of shaky" one. It was a Swypo (swype keyboard error) from my phone. The C should be g. 50 grams of sugar.

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    50 C of sugar? "route of shaky"?

• Dewesq55
    replied
    For those that like that kind of thing, I have taken the liberty of converting this recipe from a volume based to a weight based one:

Huskee's Rib Rub 2 (small batch) by weight
    50 g white sugar
    65 g brown sugar, dried (see note below on drying)
    51 g salt (since measuring by weight, type of salt doesn't matter)
    6 g chili powder
    3 g ground cumin
    3 g ground black pepper
    4 g garlic powder
    4 g onion powder
    Optional 3 g cayenne pepper
    important- top the racks with generous layer of brown sugar immediately before or after putting in the smoker.

For spicier rub, double cumin and chili powder and/or add the optional cayenne.
    Last edited by Dewesq55; April 29, 2016, 02:09 PM. Reason: Corrected some typos

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the compliment jlazar glad you enjoyed it!

• jlazar
    commented on 's reply
    Huskee. Did ribs with your rub this weekend. They were great (no sauce even on the table). Next time will back off a little on the cumin. This is a great rub and the brown sugar technique is a great balance.

• learning pellets
    replied
    As anyone tried Paul Kirk's Dry Rib Rub?
    Did 3 baby back racks with Dry brine & MMD
    And 3 with Kirks rub (goes on night before so salt can penetrate)
    Family were split 50-50, In-laws & cousins were openly arguing, yet asking when's the next family meat fest
    Resulted in fun day wit the GMG

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    jlazar Correct, I don't crutch, I just go until the bend test passes, whether that's at 5 hrs or 7 or 8. I used to years ago when I thought I had to.

• jlazar
    commented on 's reply
    Also. I am guessing you don't crutch your ribs or you would lose the glaze. Is that correct?

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here