Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

This summer's 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis IS OFFICIALLY RESCHEDULED FOR March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info here!
See more
See less

Huskee's Rib Rub Recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    I'm so sorry Dr ROK, how embarrassing for me. I hope you liked it regardless. But I only assume it's a great thing that you can try it again!

• Dr ROK
    replied
    I made it w/o the chili powder & do think it would make a big difference if added. Oh damn, now I'll have to cook another rack o ribs to check this out

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    Originally posted by jlazar View Post
    Huskee, I noticed that your rib rub recipe on page one does not include any chili powder. However, I have a printed copy for Huskee Rib Rub that I got somewhere online (but can't find it again), that is the same as your recipe on page one but also calls for 4 Tsp of chili powder. Do you include chili powder or not? Also, you cook unwrapped the entire time, right? Thanks, John
    THANK YOU @jlazar! I have no idea how/when it got deleted, but it surely was a mistake and it definitely should be in there! I have edited the top post to reflect this error.

I wonder how many folks made it and didn't care for it w/o the chili powder! Oops!

Leave a comment:

• David Parrish
    replied
    I think he deleted it by mistake when he updated the salt content a few weeks back. Good catch!

Leave a comment:

• jlazar
    replied
    Huskee, I noticed that your rib rub recipe on page one does not include any chili powder. However, I have a printed copy for Huskee Rib Rub that I got somewhere online (but can't find it again), that is the same as your recipe on page one but also calls for 4 Tsp of chili powder. Do you include chili powder or not? Also, you cook unwrapped the entire time, right? Thanks, John
    Last edited by jlazar; February 12, 2015, 09:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• smarkley
    commented on 's reply
    Awesome Chris! Doesn't get much better than that!

• Jon Solberg
    commented on 's reply
    AWESOME!

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    You go girly!

• Marauderer
    commented on 's reply
    That is great Chris. Thank you for sharing.

• Chris_Ryan
    replied
    @Huskee deserves a shout-out on this - but thought most of you might enjoy. My 7 year old daughter has started taking an interest in grilling. The other day she asked if we could do some ribs together. I took some out that I'd had freezing and let them defrost. She set up the minion on my Weber Kettle and we settled in.

Woke her up the next morning to help out with applying the rub before we got going. Here she is, post rub. She's proud of the dirty hands and you can see @Huskee's brown sugar technique.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3948.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	54251

About 5:30 later, they came off. To the victor go the spoils:

Name:	IMG_3950.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	54254

This is what the final product looked like (with a little help from the rest of the crew!)

Name:	IMG_3953.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	54255
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Smokin'Rick
    replied
    Thanks for your input Barry! I cut them in pieces, put some of Huskee's rub on, then browned them on both sides in the broiler and now they sit in the crockpot with some BBQ sauce, onions and potatoes beneath them. Kind of a riff on MH's Cabin Fever Slow Cooker Ribs recipe. We'll see what beomes of them.

Leave a comment:

• Marauderer
    commented on 's reply
    They make great sweet and sour riblets.
    Last edited by Marauderer; January 19, 2015, 02:43 PM.

• Smokin'Rick
    commented on 's reply
    We haven't done stir-fry in sometime. But I assume that is the quickest way to cook it. So I will consider it. I was thinking that maybe I would use one of the other rib recipes on AR like Cabin Fever Slow Cooker Ribs, etc. or cooking them on the Performer. I like the slow cooker idea because I wouldn't have to babysit it. I want to do something worthwhile with these nice pieces of meat rather than toss them.
    Last edited by Smokin'Rick; January 19, 2015, 08:06 AM.

• Huskee
    replied
    I dice it up and use it for stir fry. It can be a pain with all those little cartilaginous bones to trim/cut around in the tips though.

Leave a comment:

• Smokin'Rick
    replied
    Any idea of what to do with the excess meat I trimmed off the spares? Because of the size of these spares I didn't have the room to put them on the grill without them being over the coals in my 2-zone setup.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

This summer's 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis IS OFFICIALLY RESCHEDULED FOR March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info here!
See more
See less
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Meat-Up in Memphis