Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KBQ Roll Call

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was going to continue with the "firewood hijack" of this thread, but thought it better to simply start a new thread/subject?
    What do you all say to going HERE to discuss firewood for our smokers?
    Whatever we do...
    we MUST
    Smoke On!

Comment

Grabbed mine December of '16.

Comment

• BBQ_Bill
        BBQ_Bill commented
        Editing a comment
        A VERY cool Christmas gift indeed!

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Welcome to The Pit!!! Thanks for the support.

Welcome to The Pit ArkieKBQ !
      Your machine "answers" at #29 here in the KBQ Roll Call.
      Smoke On!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from NE Washington state ArkieKBQ . Along with tips, techniques, and recipes about BBQ we have a lot of fun. If you like music, go to this thread to hear what others are listening to and share what you like. For jokes, go to this thread. Happy to have you along and looking forward to your participation.

Comment

Bumping this in case we have new KBQers here.

Comment

Bueller?

Comment

Wife surprised me with this as an anniversary present. Should be showing up on Thursday.

...and I was going to "surprise" her with a book and flowers. I really need to up my game...

Comment

• EdF
                EdF commented
                Editing a comment
                And be sure to take Bill's brisket advice!

• carolts
                carolts commented
                Editing a comment
                Surprise her with a great meal from the KBQ! Maybe it was a hint...

• hogdog6
                hogdog6 commented
                Editing a comment
                Welcome to the world of KBQ deliciousness.

Some excellent posts and helps on this marvelous smoker can be found...
              HERE
              and
              HERE
              Enjoy, and...
              Smoke On!

Comment

Mine is arriving Wednesday... as I wrote Bill Karau, looking forward to getting the "Tesla" of smokers. My XL Big Green Egg, Fast Eddy 100, and large Weber Smoky Mountain all are acting strangely, I think they know something is up.

Comment

• EdF
                  EdF commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They'll get used to each other! ;-)

Welcome to the Pit ArtSob

Comment

So ArtSob an Arizona Gent, that experienced the same triple digit heat as I did today here in Sunny Phoenix, checks in with KBQ number 31.
                  ROLL CALL!
                  Yes, right here!
                  Congrats on acquiring one Extra Fine "Blue Smoke" Machine sir!
                  -
                  Smoke On!
                  Last edited by BBQ_Bill; April 10, 2018, 09:30 PM.

Comment

• ArtSob
                    ArtSob commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I will take this heat every day as opposed to the cold, dreariness, snow, ice, and humidity of where I spent my early years (I don't say "where I grew up," ... trying to avoid that!) Looking forward to meeting you in person and taking that door mod off your hands

• BBQ_Bill
                    BBQ_Bill commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Same here @ArtSob.
                    Get with me when you are back and available so I can head out your way.

I have one. Purchased May of 2016.

Comment

• lostclusters
                    lostclusters commented
                    Editing a comment
                    30?

• ComfortablyNumb
                    ComfortablyNumb commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ahem, lostclusters , BBQ_Bill is the official statistician of the KBQ roll call.....;-) But you are close!

• BBQ_Bill
                    BBQ_Bill commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Congrats to you too maa180.
                    TRULY a Fine Machine when it comes to the "Holy Grail" of smoke, LIGHT BLUE

Late to the party on this thread, but been rocking with clean KBQ smoke for a couple years now! Add one more to the tally!
                  Haven't used it as much as I would like to since moving to North Carolina. Need to find a wood source here and some free time!!!!

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
                    ComfortablyNumb commented
                    Editing a comment
                    BBQ_Bill wrote in another thread he put an ad on Craigslist asking for wood and now has it coming out his ears. Apparently tree trimmers are happy to find it a home. As for free time, quit your job. Working is overrated anyway. ;-)

• BBQ_Bill
                    BBQ_Bill commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'll tell ya flat out... Hickory has been voted as one of the very best firewoods for smoking there is.
                    Surely with a town named Hickory, NC there HAS to be some of that around there

• Koy Schoppe
                    Koy Schoppe commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I wish it was as easy as quitting my job. My free time vanished as due to divorce and now having sole custody of my kids (and their mother moved to Texas). Don't worry though, I celebrated D day by getting a Rec Tec 680. The ease of use with the pellet grill allows me to still get my smoke on despite the kids busy schedules (dance, soccer, baseball, basketball, etc).

So we have a party goin' on here! Haha!
                  Let me see...
                  Livermoron - - - #30
                  ArtSob - - - - - - #31
                  maa180 - - - - - #32
                  Koy Schoppe - - #33
                  Whew!
                  Right on and...
                  Smoke On!

Comment

I am new here, but have been lurking for years....Mine showed up at the office today....Was forced to look at while attempting to work....

Jace Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0261.JPG
Views:	307
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	485040

Comment

• BBQ_Bill
                      BBQ_Bill commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Well congrats to you DuckinBBQ for a very smart purchase.
                      You are #34 in this KBQ Roll Call.

• Santamarina
                      Santamarina commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Pretty sure I would’ve been feeling a little "sick" and would’ve left early to get that thing going!

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here