Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oklahoma Joe Broncos……Only $269!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oklahoma Joe Broncos……Only $269!!

If anyone’s been wanting a Bronco, now’s the time to buy. Walmart has them online for only $269….Reg. $449. And FREE 2 DAY SHIPPING. I’ve never seen them this cheap in a long time. I think I paid $300. for mine a year or so ago. I was following bkono ‘s current post and he mentioned he saw them there for that price.

Click image for larger version  Name:	A1193EAF-913D-4114-93AC-0D1DD546609C.png Views:	139 Size:	164.2 KB ID:	1197699
    Last edited by Panhead John; March 30, 2022, 04:06 AM.

That is an amazing price. That is an unreal price. I don't think I've ever since them that low since 2018, when they were first introduced. If you've ever wanted a barrel smoker, there you go.

(Also, I love how it is listed as an "analog charcoal" smoker lol. Digital charcoal won't work here, unfortunately.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-03-29 at 8.38.40 AM.png
Views:	477
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	1197704

Comment

• Michael_in_TX
      Michael_in_TX commented
      Editing a comment
      Exactly, every lump digital charcoal piece looks like a perfect copy of every other lump digital charcoal piece.

• Jaxon
      Jaxon commented
      Editing a comment
      The "1"s worked OK, but the "0"s - it's like they weren't even there!

• Wedunne
      Wedunne commented
      Editing a comment
      I only use digital charcoal when I'm making finger food

Man, I hope this deal expires soon. Like, soon enough that I don't start scheming for how I'm going to add this to my lineup.

Comment

• Uncle Bob
      Uncle Bob commented
      Editing a comment
      He died,,,,.,but nobody cared..................

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, just add it....what`s the worse that can happen
      So the box it comes in isn`t big enough to sleep in, there`s always hostels.

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      I was literally thinking the exact same thing Steve

I just went out and inspected the bottom of my PBC.....nope, the little rust that is there is not yet threatening the integrity of the bottom.

Comment

bkono Here ya go. If you steal one at this price, which you might consider, here’s a review from our own Jerod Broussard
      https://amazingribs.com/ratings_revi...smoker-review/
      Last edited by Panhead John; March 29, 2022, 08:54 AM.

Comment

I recommend this thing to anyone seeking a smoker for personal use.

Comment

• DTro
          DTro commented
          Editing a comment
          I have one and have to agree with Jerod.

• JCBBQ
          JCBBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Can you compare and contrast w the PBC?

Click image for larger version

Name:	156FA4C0-3E88-4257-824E-64D111FCB41C.jpeg
Views:	466
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	1197737 Click image for larger version  Name:	79AE2A71-F88D-4CAD-957A-6E29DAB565F9.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	1.76 MB ID:	1197734

That "Bronco" has been around for a long while.
        I remember seeing it back in the 60’s on tv.
        Last edited by HawkerXP; March 29, 2022, 08:35 AM.

Comment

• DTro
          DTro commented
          Editing a comment
          They have made quite a few improvements since then and it no longer comes with a broom.

I hate Walmart but I just bought this. It'll be delivered the day after my wife arrives back home after being gone for a week.

I needed another charcoal option, though. Only have the Weber kettle...unless you count the offset, but that's a stick burner. Can't turn down this deal.

Comment

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          Congratulations Joey, you’re gonna love it..If your wife complains, tell her you won it in the monthly drawing..

• DTro
          DTro commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes! I can't say enough good about mine.

• Joey877
          Joey877 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks. I've known for some time that I was going to add another cooker (I guess nine wasn't enough) and I knew I wanted charcoal, but I figured it would be some years away. I would have regretted not taking advantage of this deal, though.

This is really tempting my MCS to learn to cook on another cooker. If I just had room for it or could part with one of my five cookers it would be a done deal.

Comment

• Steve R.
          Steve R. commented
          Editing a comment
          Same here. My problem is I would have to part with either my Masterbuilt 1050, WSM or DIY 26" Performer. I'm not quite tempted enough to let any of those go right now.

Pulled the trigger on this, I have not been happy with the Big Poppa and the EX6 is just too big for small batches. Should be fun.

Comment

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats! Be sure and post us some pics.

Just got my friend who has been eyeing this for a while to pick one up!

Comment

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          Damn! That’s 3 sold so far, I need a commission from OKJ. 🤓

Damn, I just got a used OKJ Longhorn offset from a friend so I'll have to pass on this.

Comment

Jerod Broussard -- I was looking at the review on the free site. For a brisket, it says the brisket was hung it for 5 hours and then moved it to a grate for 7 more. Is this because it wouldn't fit on the grate until it shrunk up a bit? Or some other reason? For those that have the Bronco, is it big enough to do a full packer? Without hanging?

Comment

• Uncle Bob
          Uncle Bob commented
          Editing a comment
          It's all about size, you have an 18" grate, so depending on the size of the hunk after trimming to your liking is it near that in length. Hanging space, before getting too close to the fuel, is in the neighborhood of 20", but there is some space above the hook rods so you could choke up on the hook a bit. On the grate you could also prop the center on a chunk of wood to shorten it a bit till it shrinks.

• Jerod Broussard
          Jerod Broussard commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, and I always hanged for about 5.5hrs in the PBC and that certainly shrunk things up enough for some long suckers.

I bought one back in November for $229 delivered at Menards. Right after that the weather here turned full on Winter so I never unpacked it. Anyway, a gew weeks ago my son was talking about either upgrading his kettle with a fan and controller or buying a charcoal fired smoker. Soooo…. I gave it to him.

I should have bought two.

Comment

• DTro
          DTro commented
          Editing a comment
          You are too kind!

Murdy What Uncle Bob said….here’s a brisket I was able to fit on the grate a while back. I don’t remember how many lbs. it was. Also, you can buy an additional cooking grate and there are pegs there for a lower cooking grate for 2 levels of smoking.

Click image for larger version  Name:	F96D8B81-3DBB-4BA9-B176-3877E3BCDF7C.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	143.7 KB ID:	1197891

Comment

• Mark The Q-er
          Mark The Q-er commented
          Editing a comment
          I got one of them! You can also put a block of wood under the brisket which gives it a smaller footprint (fit a bigger brisket). So easy to cook compared to an offset. Get one of them Thermoworks Billows and it's just stupid easy!

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here