Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do do with Pulled Pork?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I make 2 serving food saver packs and they go in the freezer. Dear wife made some enchiladas with a few of the packs and we had a cancer survivor over for dinner, he said all the kimo and radiation killed his taste buds. When he bit into my wifes enchilada, he said he could tast again, and loved it! DW and I were so pleased! Enchiladas from pulled pork are "to live for"!!!!!

ps: someone recommended tossing a slice of butter into the food saver packs, I did it last time, will report back on result!

Comment

Breakfast burritos And quesadillas

Comment

Originally posted by LA Pork Butt View Post
        Put some in Mac and cheese, pulled pork tacos or quesadillas are great, put some on top of a cheese pizza, or mix it is jambalaya or gumbo. Put some in a pita with veggies or a little in deviled eggs. I like to freez left overs in portion sizes in vacuum bags, and make it the center piece of my next meal.
        Great suggestions, on the pizza front, if you have a Papa Murphy's near you, get one of their cheese pizzas, take home and load on the pulled pork.

Comment

Bbq Nachos

Comment

Enchiladas, omelets, tacos, sliders and baked beans. We freeze small portions and use them on occasions when we want something fast and delicious.

Comment

I was in the same boat as you recently and the pulled pork nachos was a big winner.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Meat P
                Meat P commented
                Editing a comment
                hi,did you reheat the pulled pork before making the nachos or let it defrost and throw right on?

• Sfdrew28
                Sfdrew28 commented
                Editing a comment
                @meatp I threw it right on.

Large tortillas, plain pinto beans (from a can or the traditional way), some shredded cheese and scrambled egg (sometimes throw some tater tots in). Makes a great breakfast burrito. Sans egg and tots for a lunch burrito. Can also add some diced canned chipotles to either for some extra smokiness. I've had to get creative with my pulled pork leftovers, I either make a butt in the instantpot or on the Big Easy SRG, but it's just the wife and I, and we end up with a weeks worth of meals to make with the pork even after sharing with co-workers. We do some variation of most of the previously mentioned items as well.

Comment

I like to scramble some eggs, then reheat pulled pork with a lil onions Tabasco chipotle hot sauce and cheese and wrap in a buttered warm flour tortillas and make breakfast burritos. Oh n some sour cream

Comment

Pork Posole in the Instant Pot.

Kathryn

Comment

• HouseHomey
                    HouseHomey commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That sounds good right now. I have chuckies from yesterday burning a hole in my pocket.

• ColonialDawg
                    ColonialDawg commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Now we’re talking!

That's funny I just had this conversation with my wife last night as I threw away two containers full of pulled pork I failed to give away or freeze in time. We ended with committing to smaller slabs of meat, get a 5 lber instead of a 10 lb butt. etc..

Comment

I really like the idea of pulled pork raviolis.

This Italian pulled pork ravioli uses slow cooked pulled pork and vegetables as the filling served with the flavourful braising liquid instead of a sauce.

Comment

With any protein:

when all else fails grab a tortilla, add cheese roll it and fry it!

works every time. My Thanksgiving Flautas are a big hit around here.

Comment

• Spinaker
                        Spinaker commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I like the part at the end there........fry it!

• OSB
                        OSB commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Leftover turkey is awesome for Flautas.

All great suggestoins and I've done most of these. One thing I like to do is freeze in small portions so it's available for hash or mac n cheese but I really like it in chili (red chili). I use equal parts ground beef and pulled pork. It gives a nice smokey flavor.
                      Last edited by kamadoRob; June 25, 2018, 10:01 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Pretty sure these have all been mentioned, but .... Enchiladas, tacos, sliders, omelette, in your bbq beans, mac n cheese, hash, just pile some pork butt on the plate, add some mustard, throw some slaw on top ... use it in chili. I make scrambled eggs with pulled pork thrown in the pan too.

Comment

Or just freeze a couple pounds, pack in dry ice and ship me the box :-)

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here