Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paprika Recipe Manager Information Request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paprika Recipe Manager Information Request

I have seen numerous posts mentioning the Paprika Recipe Manager. For those who have used it, is the App worth the $4.99 purchase price and does that include Cloud storage of recipes? Just looking for feedback from those who have used it. Thanks!

I bought it but I still use Google Keep for recipes. So for me, the verdict isn't clear. Google Keep is free and I can use it on the desktop or mobile. Paprika charges you separately for each version. The PC version of Paprika is $30.

Comment

• Draznnl
      Draznnl commented
      Editing a comment
      I got the PC version on sale for $14.99. I doubt I would have paid full price for it.

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      Draznnl I also balked at the full price of the PC version after getting the mobile version for cheap on sale. But then that $15 sale happened and I grabbed it too. Before that, I was using BlueStacks (Android emulator) to run the mobile version on my PC.

I’ve only been using it the past several months but have learned to really enjoy it. Yes, it is worth it. It has what they call cloud sync so all recipes sync across all your devices. My wife and I share the account so it works across all our Apple devices and also syncs with her PC which we did buy a separate license for.

Comment

They do run regular sales, I got the Mac version for $14.99 and don't remember what I paid for iOS version. However, it syncs automatically between devices, but it isn't clear where there are stored and I've never looked very hard since I have a backup system and 3 copies of them already from the different devices. Has been worth it price wise to me just for the recipe import ability.

Comment

I purchased mine during a sale as well. I love it. I did pay the extra for the app as well. I love love love it.

Comment

Yep, ditto on above information about cloud sync. It’s great for sorting, searching, and sifting our 3,000+ recipes🙄. We have it on three Apple devices, including a Mac, and we love it. It’s kind of an addiction, need to do some serious culling.

Comment

I haven’t had i every long, but love it. Yes, I would buy it again for $4.99. I love the way you can download recipes from just about any website.

Comment

I got it for like two bucks when it was on sale and I have family share through apple so my wife’s phone and iPad got it at no additional cost. We have imported all recipes and even use it for the shopping list. Probably would’ve paid $20 for the mobile version honestly knowing what it can do and how easy it can make life

Comment

Got it recently and only wish I bought it sooner. Shelled out for both iOS and windows versions. To answer your question it is just the one time fee. Cloud storage is included.

Comment

I've used it for years. Cloud sync is included. It's a one time fee for the money and, well.. it's $5.

Now... You get more out of it if you do some or all of these:

1) Regulary find recipes on the web. Paprika will let you paste in the link to the recipe and then automatically download it. This ill not work on password protected sites and it works best on actual food or recipe sites, not sites that are just forums etc.

2) Categorize things. You can make up your own categories for things, but that will really help you out.

3) use the grocery list and/or recipe scaling. Got a recipe for 8 servings but it's you and the spouse? Scale it.

4) use 2 or more devices. I have it on my iPhone, iPad and Mac. It's very nice to be able to see a recipe on any of those, save it to Paprika and boom, it's everywhere.

Comment

• Mosca
                    Mosca commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It works on the password protected Cooks Illustrated/America’s Test Kitchen/Cook’s Corner.

• rickgregory
                    rickgregory commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Mosca - really.... cool, I thought it didnt know how to do that.

• mnavarre
                    mnavarre commented
                    Editing a comment
                    If you use Safari you don't even need to paste the recipe URL into Paprika's built in browser as there's now a share extension for Safari.

I have it, unfortunately I have not figured out it’s uses yet. I think I need to try harder. It seemed that I had to sign up for another thing to access it.

Comment

Here is a little thing: it doesn’t time out. When I’m using a recipe off the internet as a guide, it times out after a few minutes, but Paprika doesn’t.

It’s the little things.

Comment

• mnavarre
                      mnavarre commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Well, then. Ya learn something new everyday. <Elvis>Thankyouvurrymuch</Elvis>.

• SheilaAnn
                      SheilaAnn commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I noticed that, too. My iPad times out, unless I have a paprika recipe open. Dang near a deal breaker right there!

• Santamarina
                      Santamarina commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You can change the settings on your iOS device so the screen stays on.

I scrape every recipe into paprika then edit it in mis en place order.

I also like being able to scale things quickly.

Comment

• tamidw
                      tamidw commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I love the scaling feature. I have used it many times.

I bought it when it was on sale for half price, and got the iOS version for $5 as I recall, and its on both my iPhone and iPad. I also bought the PC version for my laptop, and Mac version for my desktop, and while I think they store locally, I've got it setup to use the cloud to sync between devices. So any recipe I save on my PC shows up on the iPad or iPhone automatically, which is nice, since I usually have one of those in the kitchen when mixing up rubs, making a recipe, etc.

Before that I was keeping a few dozen recipes I used often in the Notes app on my iPad and iPhone and iMac. This beats that, as it scales, saves pictures, and has a nice interface.

Comment

I use it every single day. It's so convenient for storing my recipes and new ones as well. It doesn't take long to rack up over 1,000 recipes. Good thing they have a solid-performer of a search engine and a categorizing option.

I added a Tips and Techniques category and often copy/paste ideas from the SUWYC topic and other topics here on The Pit. So easy to do.

Kathryn
                      Last edited by fzxdoc; February 12, 2021, 08:23 AM.

Comment

• willxfmr
                        willxfmr commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I'm going to steal the Tips and Techniques idea. That's simply brilliant.

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here