Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The brisket what, now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The brisket what, now?

"The Enduring Popularity of the Brisket-Doughnut Sandwich"

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/ent...t-15596882.php

You're welcome.

Oh my. Sorry but I think that would nt be good at all. But hey, never had one so who knows? 🤷‍♂️

Comment

The 2 best food groups!

Comment

• bbqLuv
        bbqLuv commented
        Editing a comment
        Add adult beverage--3rd. food group.

• 58limited
        58limited commented
        Editing a comment
        As long as they are kept separate.

That brisket doesn't look half bad, but hold the doughnut, please. I could maybe get on board with that brisket stuffed sweet potato, though.

Comment

Just needs a slice or two of crispy bacon to raise it to the next level.
        BBQ flavor sugar glaze, candied onions, and deep fried dill pickles.

Comment

Panhead John would probably throw an oyster or two on top of that bad boy

Comment

• ofelles
            ofelles commented
            Editing a comment
            Panhead John As if you still had credibility. 😉 But if it helps, remember California is still way ahead on the road to lack of Cred. "Sprouts on everything and make mine an impossible burger"

• Michael_in_TX
            Michael_in_TX commented
            Editing a comment
            LOL....I know, I know....!

• Panhead John
            Panhead John commented
            Editing a comment
            ecowper I’d throw a damn oyster on anything!

Luther Vandross supposedly "invented" the hamburger on a donut one night when he was craving a burger and the only bread he could find was a donut.

There is a donut shop in Richmond VA that has a burger joint next door. Actually, it's attached and there is a door that is between the two. You can get your burger on a donut if you want. If you guessed the name of the hamburger joint was Luther's you'd be right and you win the prize. Just contact FireMan for the prize.

Comment

I’ve lived in Texas 62 of my 64 years, and I was born next door in Louisiana. I have NEVER...NEVER heard of a GD donut brisket sandwich. I read the author of that article every Sunday in The Chronicle. He does a BBQ column. I can guarandamn tee you that thing ain’t popular. Bunch of crap. Must have been a slow news day.
            Whew! I feel better now.
            Last edited by Panhead John; September 25, 2020, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Nah. I like keeping my sweet things and my savory things separate, thank you.

Comment

I love a good authentic Texas brisket doughnut sandwich smothered in bbq sauce!

Comment

• Panhead John
                  Panhead John commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Me too! The only thing I like better is a good old Texas Clam Chowder with Kale, Brussel Sprouts and Broccoli Stalks! Red Man

• ecowper
                  ecowper commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I’ve been known to throw some sautéed green beans on my “authentic” Texas brisket doughnut sammich.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              Rubs Promo
              Meat-Up in Memphis