Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best smell while barbecuing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My personal fave is when the pork ribs are saturating the back yard with that smoky, bacony, porky smell about 1.5 hours into the cook :-)

Comment

• kenrobin
      kenrobin commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s exactly right!

I need Smell-A-Vision

Comment

Another vote for pork ribs.

Comment

Last night when I lifted the lid of my OKJ the hickory smell made my mouth water.

Comment

I love it when you can smell pork belly or brisket smoking. Especially the combo of the two.

Comment

I like the wood smoke, especially mesquite & cherry. I never seem to smell meat on the smoker. (Unless I'm lookin' ... )
            When I was young, I liked the smell of lighter fluid. Not because I did drugs, but because I knew what came after the lighter fluid smell -- kind of like Pavlov's dog. "Smell lighter fluid? Think BBQ!"

Comment

Originally posted by Spinaker View Post
              I love it when you can smell pork belly or brisket smoking. Especially the combo of the two.
              brisket...middle of the night...mmmm

Comment

• Spinaker
                Spinaker commented
                Editing a comment
                Yuuuuuup

I have loads of oak trimmings Click image for larger version

Name:	daniel.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	188.9 KB
ID:	901116Click image for larger version

Name:	thomas.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	124.8 KB
ID:	901117 and make these roaring blazes that settle down for s'more material. The grandkids love it. That smell is awesome. (the burning oak, not the grandkids.)

Comment

The smell of fresh added wood and a freshly cracked beer, on a hot day.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here