Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best smell while barbecuing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chili being smoked IMO is one of the best smells my cooker produces

Comment

The smell of Worcestershire sauce being put on burgers and dripping on the coals just smells delicious and takes me back to my childhood.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Lovin this, Brother...

Though, gotsta have me some Montreal up on there, as well...

(Or, at th very least, some Lawrey's Seasoned Salt)

Our childhoods was most likely, Distinctly Different, but them'd be th Tastes of Mine...
        Last edited by Mr. Bones; August 9, 2020, 10:01 PM.

Hard to find a smell I don't like about BBQ, gotta say though, the smell of two slabs of belly bacon cooling on the bench, fresh off my COS, wafting through the house is right up there....mmmmm.....bacon.....

Comment

When you’re cooking, and the day is hot, and very still. And then a very slight movement of air brings just the faintest wisp of bbq to you.

Comment

I agree with all of it, but hatch chiles and peach wood stand out for me.

Comment

Wibs!

Comment

My favorite smell, my absolutely favorite smell is a crisp autumn morning, pecan and cherry on the cooker with a pork shoulder getting jiggy with it. The cherry on top is when the Auburn Radio Network is broadcasting. Perfect smells perfect setting. Ahhhhhh, good times.

Comment

I love when I'm out for a walk and I smell someone else's BBQ wood smoke faintly on the air. Can't tell where it's coming from but is such a great great feeling to experience.

Comment

My best smell is when whatever I'm cooking in the KBQ is approaching or at done, and the smell starts seeping out of the box. That would have been chicken for your case!

Comment

• frigate
                    frigate commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I keep my KBQ controller in the garage. Every time I go by it I get the smell you are talking about.

Prepping the grills whilst taking in the fresh-cut lawn smell, meaning all I have to do is sit and think, or just sit once the foods are on the coals. The lawn smell is the smell of the work being done.

Comment

Whiskey and burning cherry wood

Comment

I love to throw onions in the firebox while I'm smoking briskets.

Comment

Apricot or peach wood smoking pork products. The neighbors' grill when they are the ones grilling burgers. When I am grilling burgers, I am too immersed in the smoke to enjoy it.

Does Gulf still make charcoal lighter fluid? I loved the smell of that stuff when I was a kid.

Comment

B - A - C - O - N !!!

Comment

Hot and fast beef cooking on the smoker smells the best to me. The fat rendering smells like hamburgers cooking, but still with BBQ smell and wood fire at the same time.

Attached Files

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here