Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your Quarantine photos here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A snapshot of my workroutine these days..
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20200408_114107.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	133.1 KB
ID:	828467

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Stay safe Mr. Elton! Thank you for risking yourself to save lives!! 🙏

• RichieB
      RichieB commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for your service. Please stay safe.

My boys home from school helping me in the brooder house!
    Attached Files

Comment

• Bogy
      Bogy commented
      Editing a comment
      That's a great looking helper!

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Great shots, quite th Operation ya got goin on, there!
      Looks like ya gots a fine crew!

About to jump on the trail for a run.....it was 70 F here the other day. MN in April.....Welcome! 😎 Stay healthy everyone!

Name:	E9630526-2D12-4D8E-B731-AC5F3F83C7CD.jpeg
Views:	300
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	828555

Comment

• Bogy
      Bogy commented
      Editing a comment
      We had a dose of that again a couple of days ago. The old wives say that the robins get snowed on 3 times before spring finally comes to stay. We gotta be getting close to that.

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Great pic, amigo! I hear ya; even this far south of ya, we had lotsa freezin rain a week ago, last two days was 80s-90, 40 this AM, lows of 28 or less for tonight.
      That time of year...
      Last edited by Mr. Bones; April 12, 2020, 10:38 AM. Reason: Ficksed sum tipoes :-)

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      Ran down to Brantford this morning and ran thru snow showers on the way.
      Made me really happy too.

Midday Monday mimosas!
    Attached Files

Comment

• JeffJ
      JeffJ commented
      Editing a comment
      Lovin' that!

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Real question is.....why not? 😎 Great pic! Stay healthy!

Busy making masks for friends and family in healthcare or other high risk positions.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Great Job, an whatta variety!
      Keep up th good works, Brother!

• Donw
      Donw commented
      Editing a comment
      Very nice work! We too have sewn masks for employees, our fire company and friends, but none as fashionable as yours.

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome! I have a dear friend that is a nurse anesthetist at HCMC in Minneapolis, I know she would love some of these. LMK if I can order a few from you. If they are spoken for, no worries. Thank you for doing this. 🙏

jtyoder, great looking masks. My wife's been making masks for our family. My son is getting one similar to your batman mask. I got one especially for me:

Name:	20200409_095736.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	828605

And, its Holy Week. Tonight, as we recognize Maundy Thursday, the Methodist pastor here in my little town and I will be live streaming a service, and will include the Lord's Supper. Will also be doing Communion on Easter morning. Normally, I have someone in each church who provides bread for me to break. Realized a couple of days ago with things not being normal, and since nobody has asked me about it, that probably isn't going to happen, so my wife volunteered to bake bread. For years, I've been the one to bake bread in our house, but I accepted her offer as I was working on services. She did a great job, but thought she was doubling the recipe in order to make 2 loaves. Turned out she was doubling a recipe for 2 loaves, so we got 4. Terrible problem. We had half a loaf last night. She just had butter on hers, I had the butter and a huge slice with jalapeno honey, and another with apple honey.

Name:	20200408_211917.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	146.5 KB
ID:	828606

Comment

• Skip
      Skip commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice looking bread David. Happy Easter!

• Mosca
      Mosca commented
      Editing a comment
      If we do, Bogy, I’ll let you know in advance! It would be a grand time!

• Dewesq55
      Dewesq55 commented
      Editing a comment
      In 1985, I was at Shea Stadium for Mets vs Cardinals and saw Dwight Gooden go yard off of John Tudor. The 2 of the best teams in baseball that year and 2 of the best pitchers at the tops of their games. Gooden won the Cy Young, but Tudor got the (almost) last laugh. That was an amazing pennant race, although I much preferred the result the following season.
      Last edited by Dewesq55; April 10, 2020, 11:48 AM.

Big Green Egg with rotisserie
    Attached Files

Comment

• JeffJ
      JeffJ commented
      Editing a comment
      I love rotisserie for birds.

Following along with Huskee , here is my "collection". No, I am not even average player, but I love making sounds anyway.

Attached Files

Comment

• jtyoder
      jtyoder commented
      Editing a comment
      Dude! Is that middle guitar a Harmony? Where did you get that?

• Dewesq55
      Dewesq55 commented
      Editing a comment
      jtyoder - He mentioned it's a Carlo Robelli.

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Mr. Bones , agree! I haven't bought one expensive guitar yet, and I'm still no better or worse than if I had! All of my guitars are Epiphones, Squires, Washburn, and Dean. And I'm plenty happy with them, and they've left me lots of money for brisket and charcoal and bourbon!

Well, following both Huskee and Porkies, here is my line-up! Also includes my wife's keyboard. Should be getting more practice time in while home. Have to work on that!

Name:	image_112557.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	829053

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Huge Sweetwater fan here, they're my Amazon and Creekstone Farms of music gear. Jealous of the keyboard. Always wanted a decent one to actually learn piano. I know about 2 chords and how to play mary had a little lamb and the intro to chariots of fire, that's about it!

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Definitely agree, Huskee
      Sweetwater has always treated me like Royalty..

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Their CS really is TOP of the top tier. Mr. Bones

These are my acoustics. Taylor 12, 6, Baby and Nylon and my uke.

Name:	B63E5396-7EA9-46DB-B7D0-B8EDF904B9B8.jpeg
Views:	224
Size:	131.7 KB
ID:	829180

Comment

• jtyoder
      jtyoder commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice! I forgot to include my uke!

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      Love that Taylor 12 string

Personally I love that this has taken a musical/guitar turn, I hope the OP is okay with that.

Comment

• Mosca
      Mosca commented
      Editing a comment
      Absolutely Huskee. Anything that brings us together in our time of isolation is good. I don’t play, but I love seeing everyone’s passions!

Good! Cus I got some song writin time on my hands.

Name:	IMG_1370.JPG
Views:	241
Size:	192.4 KB
ID:	829291

Comment

• lonnie mac
      lonnie mac commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow! Man the ole Peavy goes back. My first amp was an old Bandit! Not sure if it was the 65 or the Gunsmoke. It was pre 80's so not sure. Wish I still had it!

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Th ol Peaveys was some good amps! Still have a Bandit 65 1x12, an a lil Audition 14w!! Both have seen lotsa gigs, an studio use, never missed a lick. Made right here in th Good Ol US of A!
      Last edited by Mr. Bones; April 13, 2020, 04:41 PM.

• Dewesq55
      Dewesq55 commented
      Editing a comment
      I bought my Peavey used from a private seller on eBay. It needed the caps replaced when I got it but she sounds good now. LOUD! I wish I was any good, because it would be a great gigging amp.

Well, I can't get my kids all in one place for a family photo, but here they are (mostly!)

My upstairs ax:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200410_124919-01.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	720.6 KB ID:	829312

My downstairs ax - scratch built by my own hands - and my bass, which I could not play if my life depended on it.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200410_174206-01.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	1.28 MB ID:	829313

My studio, such as it is, with my first guitar, given to me by my parents for Christmas when I was in college (currently not playable since it's missing it's saddle.)
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200410_174318.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.94 MB ID:	829314

My acoustic electric Ovation-alike:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200410_175102-01.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	1.18 MB ID:	829315

And my mandolin - I don't play it much.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200410_174909-01.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	1.54 MB ID:	829316

Not pictured: my first scratch built guitar - a solid maple tele, currently in pieces on the floor needing a new neck pickup, which I have on the table in the studio, as well as 3 scratch builds in progress.
    Last edited by Dewesq55; April 10, 2020, 06:26 PM.

Comment

• Dewesq55
      Dewesq55 commented
      Editing a comment
      Well played, Sir Bogy ! Well played, indeed!

• Bogy
      Bogy commented
      Editing a comment
      You should probably crosspost this admission on the "Dirty Little Secrets" thread! Hey, don't mind me, I'm working on my third sermon in three days.

• Dewesq55
      Dewesq55 commented
      Editing a comment
      Bogy - I have faith in you! (See what I did there?) 😁 My brother is a clergyman (retired) so I have some idea about the pressure of Holy Week. It will be over soon.

Going to throw in some banjos. My Gold Tone and my little Plucky.

Name:	D0976AFD-F2CC-4C60-A7E6-2B7A1E61065F.jpeg
Views:	212
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	829402

Comment

• Dewesq55
      Dewesq55 commented
      Editing a comment
      I always wished I could play the banjo. Nice instruments.

Wow, look at the musicians who are pitmasters. Any chance a virtual jam session be put together? Nothing fancy, maybe using Zoom? An hour listening to you folks strummin' and singin' would be a blessing. Easy for me to say as I am not a musician and no one wants to hear me sing. Just a thought.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here