Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is Your Favorite Thanksgiving Day Appetizer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pie…

Comment

Crab dip and clam chowder.

Comment

Mixed olives, deviled eggs, vegetable plate with dip (ranch, hummus), cold tequila shrimp, cornichons are things that we typically do for holiday dinners

This year we are doing:

Mixed olives
        Mixed nuts
        Tequila shrimp
        Vegetables and dip

Comment

• bep35
          bep35 commented
          Editing a comment
          Would you share the recipe for tequila shrimp?

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          bep35 I gotta grab it from my wife. It’s in her file folder o’ recipes. I’ll dig it up for you

ABT's, stuffed shrooms, grilled artichoke halves, smoked queso, pig shots, think "Big Game" style appetizers if your looking at using a grill/smoker.
        Last edited by CaptainMike; November 22, 2021, 02:23 PM.

Comment

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          Since I do queso on friday for Apple Cup, won't do it on Thursday with turkey .... but do love it

Fire Roasted Hatch Chile Cheese Dip
        Pig Brittle

Comment

My brother makes some fig and gorgonzola tarts wrapped in phyllo dough that are insane.

Other than that I am always down for some lil smokies in the crock pot with bbq sauce.
        Last edited by JoeSousa; November 22, 2021, 02:18 PM.

Comment

• bep35
          bep35 commented
          Editing a comment
          Can you share the fig/gorgonzola tart recipe?

• JoeSousa
          JoeSousa commented
          Editing a comment
          bep35 http://www.genxfoodie.com/recipes/fi...gonzola-tarts/

Very simple. Just 4 ingredients

• ssandy_561
          ssandy_561 commented
          Editing a comment
          We’ll do whiskey wieners for Christmas appetizers. Lil smokies simmered in equal parts whiskey, ketchup and brown sugar. We do it on the stove top in a pan so the sauce reduces down and becomes sticky.

One word...

bourbon

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Th Man's Right, y'all!

For the life of me I can’t recall ever having apps on Thanksgiving. 🤦🏽

My sister-in-law makes sweet potato bites - yams, sweet marshmallow topping, in an individual puff pastry. I’m not a sweet yam fan (savory, please), but these things are tasty. I seem to recall eating them before dinner a couple times.

Comment

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          When I was a kid, there were no apps on Thanksgiving. You suffered until dinner was served. Apparently, we have got soft in our old age.

• bep35
          bep35 commented
          Editing a comment
          ecowper - Now that is funny!

• Craigar
          Craigar commented
          Editing a comment
          ecowper Correct and we didn't get breakfast either.

Not sure it is an appetizer.., but we make breakfast sausage Kolaches and cinnamon rolls..

Comment

Like tstalafuse we'll have a big breakfast on T Day. Some kind of eggs, bacon and the turkey liver.

Comment

Totally there with the bourbon crowd!! Calms the nerves as I stress over making the "perfect" turkey - what a waste of stress!! 🥃🥃🥤
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Basil_Hayden.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	1131094

Comment

• Santamarina
              Santamarina commented
              Editing a comment
              I had Basil Hayden’s for the first time last week. I’m a fan!

Spinach dip with a King's Hawaiian bread bowl.
            Sausage-stuffed mushrooms. They're magic!

Both pair well with bourbon and beer and won't distract you from the game.

Comment

• DTro
              DTro commented
              Editing a comment
              Love the stuffed mushrooms too.

Heart of palm dip. A hot, cheesy dip served with baked pita crackers.

Comment

Smoked salmon. I'll be doing some tomorrow for Thursday.

Comment

Guacamole and Pico de Gallo salsa & tortilla chips. Whipped cream cheese with a layer of Gochujang Sauce mixed in & Triscuit crackers. I want to smoke some cream cheese before the event. Not really Thanksgiving-themed, but when you're the planner/shopper/host/chef, close counts.
                I'd like to prepare more appetizers, but I worry I'd detract from the main courses.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here