Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You have only 1 meat to eat for a year....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably chicken but I would miss beef, pork, and seafood something fierce. Chicken is a versatile and healthy protein option.

Comment

Soylent Green.

Comment

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Need we say!

• CaptainMike
        CaptainMike commented
        Editing a comment
        SG got parents, just sayin....

• 58limited
        58limited commented
        Editing a comment
        I heard it varied from person to person.

Beef all day every day.

Comment

Chicken because I could eat wings a lot of different ways.

Comment

I am gonna vote for chicken. I can eat fried chicken with like 20 different sauces alone so plenty of choices…

Comment

I’m with ecowper , I’d choose lamb. Second might be grasshoppers, big ones.

Comment

• smokenoob
              smokenoob commented
              Editing a comment
              Stick with lamb! Grasshoppers can be yer secret…..
              get em at night

• ecowper
              ecowper commented
              Editing a comment
              Made me laugh!!

I'll go with beef. And on day 366 (you're not doing this in a leap year, Huskee are you?) I'll be smoking some ribs to nibble on while the pork butt I also have smoking cooks.

Comment

Does a turducken count?

Comment

• Panhead John
                Panhead John commented
                Editing a comment
                Hell yeah Sunny!

Steak

Comment

Pork.

Come on people, a year with no BACON? What are you all, savages??

But seriously, pork. I can make ham out of it, Canadian bacon, real bacon (), smoke pork loins for lunch meat, pulled pork, chops....

Last edited by rickgregory; September 1, 2021, 06:19 PM.

Comment

• rickgregory
                  rickgregory commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You can create a new topic in the Pork section, vlstaele (https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...d-pork-ham-etc) but I'd round up to 4" for purposes of the calculator. 11 days sounds fine to me. Maybe a day long but going a day too long is better than going a day too short. Both are food safe, but being a little short could leave you with the center uncured.
                  Last edited by rickgregory; September 6, 2021, 12:40 PM.

• vlstaele
                  vlstaele commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you Rickgregory for the quick response! Very helpful to know from experienced guys like you;-)

• rickgregory
                  rickgregory commented
                  Editing a comment
                  One note - measure the thinnest diameter if your pork loin is a bit oblong. OR tie it up so it's round and measure then.

Beef for me

Comment

While it's not my favorite meat, it is the one I eat most frequently, by quite a bit. It's also the cheapest, overall and has myriad ways to prepare it, including burgers and chili - That would be chicken!

Comment

Beef

Comment

Bourbon. Bourbon is meat, right?

Comment

• glitchy
                        glitchy commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I think it pairs well with beef.

Shrimp!

"Anyway, like I was sayin', shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. There's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it."
                      Bubba Blue in Forrest Gump

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here