Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Northerners with a good cudighi recipe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Northerners with a good cudighi recipe?

Have been playing around making sausage the last few months and wondered if anyone had a good cudighi recipe they’d be willing to share. Thanks!

I never even heard of this before, and I've been in Minneapolis or north my entire life. Had to Google it. Maybe Huskee would know, seems like a Michigan thing.

Comment

I too had to Google it. Found this link No pun intended. Honest......

Found this too, same recipe but with a comments section.
      Last edited by ComfortablyNumb; October 15, 2017, 07:18 AM.

Comment

• HouseHomey
        HouseHomey commented
        Editing a comment
        Bwahahaha

stroosa, as JCGrill Said and as ComfortablyNumb Inferred I've Never Heard of It❓ I Grew Up 10 Miles South of the Canadian Line❗️They Eat Some Weird Stuff Up "THERE"❓You May have to Ask @jpgreen or @andy.wpg❓
      🤗😇🤗
      Eat Well and Prosper❗️ From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan
      Last edited by Danjohnston949; October 15, 2017, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Never heard of it, so I Googled it. It's evidently an Italian sausage (!) that is a big deal in the UP of of Michigan. I lived there for years (decades ago) and it still doesn't ring a bell, although I do have fond memories of pasties. Sounds tasty, though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cudighi

Comment

LOL. I have never heard of this either and I have lived in Minnesota pretty much my whole life. To me, this sounds more like a Chicago thing, than a UP deal but what do I know? It sounds darn good though. I would like to try it sometime.

Comment

Yeah, my wife is from the UP and a good cudighi sandwich smothered in mozzarella and pizza sauce is a must any time we are up there. More or less a spicy Italian sausage. Good stuff, just wondered if anyone out there had a good recipe!

Comment

Sausage lore! I love this place!

Comment

I’ve lived my whole life in Mich & Wis and spent a fair amount of time in the U.P. Never heard of it either. Looked it up, guess you could use almost any kind of sausage. Sounds interesting. Don’t think it holds a candle to Pasties, which everybody makes up der.

Comment

Huh. After reading more about it, apparently this is only common in a certain region of the UP that my wife hails from. Lots of folks use cudighi in their pasties up there. Guess I will play around and see what I can come up with. Thanks for all the replies!

Comment

• EdF
                    EdF commented
                    Editing a comment
                    But it has to be a good region to have its own spicy Italian sausage!

Make sure to keep us posted. I would love to check this out. I wonder if Meathead has ever made this? I will pass it on to him and see if he is familiar with it.

Comment

Not something I have ever seen in Winnipeg either, but that recipe on line sounds pretty interesting. Not your typical sausage.

Comment

I have never heard of it either. Sounds vaguely naughty... The recipe looks more Greek than Italian. Red wine and the three brown spices are common in Greek sausages.

Comment

Meathead clearly this is another of those regional recipes you need to tackle :-)

Comment

I'm a MI native and travel t/o the UP a lot and I had to Google it, if that tips you off to my knowledge about it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here