Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your favorite pie...or dessert?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Y’all, I can’t wait to try all of these amazing suggestions! Thank you!! I will say that Mrs JCBBQ got busy this weekend experimenting with Huskee 's suggestion of chocolate cake w peanut butter frosting. 😋😋😋 Oh, what a Lucky Lad am I!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	1D44BAAF-6EFD-4747-85B5-4C5E3B10F10E.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	4.42 MB ID:	601398
    Last edited by JCBBQ; December 3, 2018, 08:00 AM.

Comment

• JCBBQ
      JCBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      The cakes we liked about the same but DEFINITELY liked the more PBy bottom frosting.

Favorite desserts in order:

1. Pie, either apple, cherry, peach, blueberry, or blackberry. Any one of these will qualify as my favorite. Warm enough that you need some vanilla ice cream to cool it down.

2. Plain cheesecake with a drizzle of raspberry sauce on top. Homemade of course

3. Crème brulee.

4. Apple or peach crisp. See the note about vanilla ice cream above.

5. Bread pudding with bourbon sauce.

Can't go on. Getting the craves.

Comment

When I was growing up in SW MO my mother would treat me to lunch after our dentist appointment at a place in Branson called "The Shack Cafe". It has been closed down for a long time however there have been a few other places go in and somehow have managed to get some of the pie recipes. My favorite was the coconut cream pie which has the yellow custard base in the picture. The best part was the meringue was massive and just absolutely amazing. I have yet to come across a pie of this caliber. My go to pie is pecan now however my wife has her grandmothers recipe which is an amazing peanut butter pie.
      Attached Files

Comment

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome!

The best on a hot day like today!
      Attached Files

Comment

• JCBBQ
        JCBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Uh...what are we looking at?

• Randy-Phx
        Randy-Phx commented
        Editing a comment
        A homemade ice cream freezer

I have never been able to cook according to the "old" recipes of my ancestors, it is very difficult for me. Fortunately, now there are many ready-made options when you can just come home and make a set of ingredients that should work.

Comment

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        Welcome to The Pit.

Strawberry Rhubarb Pie

Creme brule

Duckworth's Bistro's Banana Cake

Comment

My grandma's peanut butter custard meringue pie. Think lemon custard meringue pie with peanut butter instead of lemon. It's so good. Grandma passed away 21 years ago but fortunately my mom and sister still make it.

Comment

• JCBBQ
          JCBBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Ooooh. That sounds great.

My wife's Pecan pie, with or w/o ice cream.

Comment

A properly done Pecan Pie. And cheese cake. Almost any variety

Comment

• JCBBQ
            JCBBQ commented
            Editing a comment
            My wife usually makes those two at thanksgiving- pumpkin cheesecake bc nobody that crazy about regular pumpkin pie. Works for me.

JCBBQ I can not believe no one has asked you for the recipe for the pie in your original post. Can you part with it?

Comment

• JCBBQ
            JCBBQ commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, that’s the recipe she used.

• JCBBQ
            JCBBQ commented
            Editing a comment
            It’s incredible

• lostclusters
            lostclusters commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you!

So many!
          Browned butter raspberry tart
          French silk chocolate pie
          Chocolate blackout cake
          Almost famous pumpkin cheese cake
          Pig brittle (peanut brittle with bacon)
          Tapioca pudding with blueberry topping
          ETC

Comment

• Panhead John
            Panhead John commented
            Editing a comment
            Platypus Pie with a Koala Urine Frosting is to die for!

• ofelles
            ofelles commented
            Editing a comment
            Panhead John Only if I can have Dingo dingleberries as a center filling.

My favorites.....German Chocolate Cake.....Coconut Cream Pie........Pecan Pie

Comment

• Bkhuna
            Bkhuna commented
            Editing a comment
            You must be a long lost relative. Those are the three things I loved my mom to make the most.

• Panhead John
            Panhead John commented
            Editing a comment
            Bkhuna A really well made chocolate pecan pie 👍

• Bkhuna
            Bkhuna commented
            Editing a comment
            Panhead John - Ever had sweet potato pecan pie? To die for.

Cheese cake. Plain NY style. Yum.

Comment

Another vote for Pecan Pie here. Being allergic to chocolate, it's one of the few really rich deserts I seem to find that I can eat. I like cheesecake too, but would take pecan pie over about any cheesecake.

Comment

• ofelles
              ofelles commented
              Editing a comment
              My condolences on your allergy. I guess many of us have a hardship to live with but that.....

• glitchy
              glitchy commented
              Editing a comment
              ofelles Considering I could still take a month in the bbq calendar, I’ve found plenty of other things to replace it :-) It was hard for a long time since I developed (or became sensitized to) the allergy when I was 12, so I knew what I was missing. Now 3 plus decades later never even bothers me to watch others enjoy.

• glitchy
              glitchy commented
              Editing a comment
              Biggest thing is asking people what’s in their chili and avoiding certain Mexican sauces like molé.

Apple pie.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here