Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brisket Cook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beautiful. Nice job.

Comment

Great looking bark!

Comment

Yum.

Comment

Very nice job!!

Comment

Gorgeous bark on that bad boy!

Comment

A thing of beauty to be sure!

Comment

I saw where you were worried about your brisket drying out because it was running 10 degrees above your set point. Don't worry at all I cook mine at 275 and my friends tell me it is the best they have ever had. The secret is that you power through the stall and wrap it right after it.

Comment

First time with the Fireboard? Wow, nice job ;-)

Comment

• 1bottlerocket
                    1bottlerocket commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thank you. It was my first Brisket cook, but was the second cook. I first tried it out with a pork butt and that went well.

I asked in another thread about temperature control and I think I have it worked out. I ran the top lid dampers wide open and this was probably the source of the temperature control trouble. I just picked up some wood yesterday and I am getting ready for another go.

Originally posted by mountainsmoker View Post
                  I saw where you were worried about your brisket drying out because it was running 10 degrees above your set point. Don't worry at all I cook mine at 275 and my friends tell me it is the best they have ever had. The secret is that you power through the stall and wrap it right after it.
                  Thanks for the advice. The point was really nice, very tender, but I had some trouble with the flat. It came out tasty, just not quite as tender as I would have liked. I think the wrapping definitely helped.

Comment

• Towering Inferno
                    Towering Inferno commented
                    Editing a comment
                    To what internal temp did you cook to?

• 1bottlerocket
                    1bottlerocket commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I took it to 200° and then pulled it off. I placed it in a faux cambro and then let it sit about 1-2 hours before slicing. The temp was around the 150° mark. I pretty much followed Meathead's advice. Overall it was very tasty and juicy. I was hoping for the flat to be a bit more tender than it was but nobody complained. Almost everything was eaten with no sauce.

Great job!

Comment

Damn that looks awesome!!

Comment

1bottlerocket if they eat it without sauce, you did it right :-)

Comment

Better just give me that one and you keep trying.... ;-}

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here