Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pulled Chuck for Enchiladas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulled Chuck for Enchiladas!

yep, got two chuck roasts on the Hasty-Bake .... Here’s the setup

2 chuck roasts, salted and dry brined for about 3 hours
    Rub is 2 parts garlic powder, 1 part black pepper, 1 part chili powder
    Hasty-Bake has a big chunk of red oak in the firebox plus 1.5 chimneys unlit charcoal and .5 chimney lit charcoal. Put the unlit charcoal at the door end of the firebox, then the oak, then the lit charcoal.

I put the smoke deflector on the firebox, have the vents about half open, a water pan on top of that, and the chucks cooking at the opposite end of the grill. Grill temp is running about 245’ish.

Click image for larger version

Name:	97E0912E-0CB3-4A0E-8059-A1A7C158A3B4.jpeg
Views:	124
Size:	201.7 KB
ID:	514231

Name:	F5610EC8-6854-442C-8A26-8EEF69FF5F7D.jpeg
Views:	114
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	514232

Hasty-Bake is a rock solid machine ..... without deflector and firebox in the low position, the above setup will run about 265. Throw the deflector on and add water pan .... voila 240-245, rock steady. When you set it up right, it sort of just glides in to the right temp :-)

Name:	2964B459-2572-4DC4-B7A1-8ED4CB1C3744.png
Views:	117
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	514235

Comment

Sweet! What time's Supper?

Comment

• ecowper
        ecowper commented
        Editing a comment
        Come over round 7 PM Bones .... I got some patron to go with the enchiladas

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        You got me at Patron......

That sounds like it's going to be "Enchilada Madness"!

Comment

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        Do share your saucing!

• ecowper
        ecowper commented
        Editing a comment
        EdF nothing special ..... one of these days I’ll figure out how to make my own enchilada sauce. Until then, it’s Las Palmas medium plus diced up jalapeños

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        I'll bet we need HouseHomey for this one!

EdF I think I will try this next time. Today I already have my Las Palmas :-)

Enchilada sauce is so easy to make! This red enchilada sauce recipe comes together in ten minutes. I've tried all the other recipes and this is the best!

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.14 MB ID:	514272

Comment

Man, these things smell good ..... How do I know? Both the mutts are circling the Hasty-Bake :-)

Name:	C37CE6D5-E014-4AC7-A734-2CA6CEBB6299.jpeg
Views:	112
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	514278

Name:	50CDC3AD-B725-4A10-AC27-97DFAC00DD5E.jpeg
Views:	108
Size:	193.2 KB
ID:	514279

Comment

• EdF
          EdF commented
          Editing a comment
          A sure sign you're on to goodness!

Looking good brother.
        Pulled chuckie enchiladas.
        Hmmmm that’s making me really hungry right now.

Comment

• EdF
          EdF commented
          Editing a comment
          For sure!

Those are looking awesome!

Thru no fault of my own, I will admit to being born in a dark little corner of the earth called Clovis, NM. Anyone from around there will tell you El Monterrey enchilada sauce is the best on the planet. They quit making it for a while and my aunt drove all over buying up what she could find and sending to family. Thankfully it’s back but only available from a little supermarket there in Clovis. Yes, we are actually that passionate about an enchilada sauce!

Comment

• sos2979
          sos2979 commented
          Editing a comment
          I remember eating at the El Monterrey restaurant regularly when I was a kid. I still have a bit of the sauce somewhere at the house. Break it out on special occasions.

• FishTalesNC
          FishTalesNC commented
          Editing a comment
          That’s awesome sos2979 !! We moved away when I was about 4 but we’d go back to visit family every couple of years. I always looked forward to the big family dinner at The El Monterrey, and visiting Leslie Candy Store!

• gcdmd
          gcdmd commented
          Editing a comment
          Dang! I wish I had known. We just went through Clovis a little over a week ago.

EdF we can have him making his own in no time. Bazillions of variations of the basic. It's all about preference.

Comment

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          HouseHomey I can’t wait .... and thank you!

• HouseHomey
          HouseHomey commented
          Editing a comment
          You are very welcome. Give me a minute. I'll get my schedule tomorrow. I'm making a sauce (not like this one but with chilies) for a catering friend and ill piggy back the basic. Piece of cake. It's basic stuff just all in the head and harder to write,

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          I think I understand the basics ... make a tomato paste based roux, add appropriate spices and stock :-)

Now that the hail and lightning is done ..... things are progressing again

Name:	CF83C409-9B17-4E96-9114-38CB178BCC9E.jpeg
Views:	111
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	514355

Comment

Chucks hit 170F and totally in the stall. Wrapped ‘em up tight in aluminum foil. Didn’t worry about bark, since they are going into enchilidas.

Name:	5391A265-B050-4DCE-A2E0-711D36B7ACAB.jpeg
Views:	116
Size:	115.1 KB
ID:	514395

Name:	B62549C0-A33C-4ACB-9241-8B9D31A9CEA2.jpeg
Views:	114
Size:	148.9 KB
ID:	514396

Comment

Looking Good. Smoked beef enchiladas.....Yummy.

Comment

Well my mouth is watering. What kind of cheese we havin with em?

Comment

• ecowper
                ecowper commented
                Editing a comment
                Monterey Jack and sharp cheddar

• EdF
                EdF commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah, Baby!

Pulled the chuck, sitting in the oven at 170F right now, resting a bit. The smell in the house is driving me and the mutts crazy

Comment

Sounds wonderful.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here