Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DINO Ribs!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DINO Ribs!!!!!!!

I just picked up some gorgeous Beef long ribs at Hy-Vee. I am pumped that they moved in, they are the only place that I have seen, that carries beef long ribs.(Walleye is King in Minnesota, not Beef) These are 7 to 9 inch long. I plan to brine for a few days, then let the KBQ take a crack at these suckers.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1714.jpg Views:	1 Size:	4.84 MB ID:	264445Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1712.jpg Views:	1 Size:	5.53 MB ID:	264446

Dang! nice score there... anxious to see the end results

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      They are gonna be tasty.

Be careful! I saw somewhere that if you put dem bones on your car door window sill your car will flip over!!

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      With these, that might be possible.

Spinaker Those're gonna be great after a trip in th' KBQ!!!

Cain't wait t' see!!!

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, i am really pumped. KBQ and BEEF RIBS!!!

Damn you just keep on making me jealous Spinaker a couple of days ago the kamado now these beautiful ribs. What next?? Haha. It's all good brother.

Comment

Beauties! Try to get the butcher to hack them a few different ways. Try a full slab, or a full slab cut in half! I dont know if they need a few days on the brine but the fun is in the experiment!! BBBR is great, i just bought some meatchurch holy cow to try on them. check out @boomasbbq on instagram, that guy is the short rib master! Trims them like a champ

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        I might hold off on the brine. Maybe 12 hrs before?

• smokinfatties
        smokinfatties commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea I usually do 12 tops, overnight for a morning smoke or a few hours before.

• smokinfatties
        smokinfatties commented
        Editing a comment
        The single ribs like that are great cause you get more bark and they prob dont need as much of a brine since they're getting seasoning on all sides

I'm looking forward to the photos - nice score. I remember once, years ago, getting some large beef ribs that looked nothing like that. Mine were twice as fatty and I didn't trim well. I prepped them well (or so I thought) but chased around wildly dancing temps on a windy day on my COS. A few too many beers and anger at my unit left me pulling them too early. I wondered why I ever tried the beef ribs. While I failed with them on the BBQ, I put them in the crock pot and then in chili and they went from my worst initial cook to one of my best left-over cooks.

Comment

I haven't seen anything even close at any grocery in this area.

Comment

Yabadadado as per Fred Flinstone

Comment

I love Dino ribs. Can't wait o see how they turn out

Comment

I am looking forward to it too!!! Gonna be a heat wave in the twin Cites this weekend. Gonna be in the 40's. Those suckers are gonna be tasty!!

Comment

• lschweig
                lschweig commented
                Editing a comment
                Ain't the weather this winter unbelievable?

• Spinaker
                Spinaker commented
                Editing a comment
                So crazy. Cold as shit for a while.....then it warms up. Mother nature loves to make things interesting. lschweig

Great score! Love them full size beef ribs! I just do them "Texas style" with salt & pepper. Don't trim much if at all so you get some of that gorgeous rendered "flavor" in every bite!!! Making me HUNGRY just thinking about it!

Comment

• Spinaker
                Spinaker commented
                Editing a comment
                Cool dude. I am gonna do the same I think.

Did you pick up some dry ice so you could ship me a sample of the end product?

Comment

• Spinaker
                Spinaker commented
                Editing a comment
                If I did, it would not make it to you. That stuff is too fun to play with!!

Saturday is the day of reckoning for these bad boys. The little Kamado is gonna get a work out this weekend. It's gonna be amazing. I might actually do half on the Kamado and half on the KBQ. Both need to be put through their paces this weekend.

Comment

• EdF
                EdF commented
                Editing a comment
                I'll be interested in that comparison!

I am itching to do some ribs. Crazy warm weather for January. Maybe this weekend will be the one.

Comment

• Spinaker
                Spinaker commented
                Editing a comment
                I know dude!!! 40's to low 50's for us!!

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here