Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us what you're cooking - 3/6/2016 through 11/7/2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JCBBQ ... Oh my! You killed it dude.👍 Those look beautiful!

I TOTALLY agree with your statement... Probably the best Pork Chop I've ever had! I've served that to many of my friends and family and it always gets rave reviews. Now try it on bone in chicken thighs.😋 Marinate them overnight in a ziplock bag and then put them on the grill skin side down until the skin gets crisp. Then flip them over to finish bringing them up to temp... 180° to 190° for thighs. Glaze them the same as you did the PC. I don't use the mustard sauce for chicken though.

I'm glad you liked it.👌

Comment

• JCBBQ
      JCBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds good. Will do.

Dinner in no time FLAT!
    Israeli couscous, chicken, sun-dried tomatoes.

Comment

Not off the grill, but gotta change it up sometimes. Homemade fried chiggin tenders!
    Attached Files

Comment

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      Give me Ranch dressing for dipping and I'm all in.👍

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Yum! Sometimes we forget about the joys of fried foods here in BBQ land. And I totally agree with you Breadhead. My kids and I share the same fascination with using chicken fingers to eat our ranch. (Not the other way around)

Dinner has started

Comment

Just a very simple evening nosh ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1167.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	196.1 KB
ID:	169812

Comment

• Breadhead
        Breadhead commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice looking groceries CC...

Had to look that one up... Nosh: to eat food.😎

• fuzzydaddy
        fuzzydaddy commented
        Editing a comment
        ...and beautiful!

Finishe what I started at noon. Used the last meal ribs Cecile and the chateaubriand recipe from "the science of great barbecue and grilling". Ribs were served with bbq sauce on the side: tremendous smoke ring on them. Beef had BBBR and Memphis dust on them more dust than BBBR.

Comment

• martybartram
        martybartram commented
        Editing a comment
        Cecile who? Stupid auto correct

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol I had to reread Cecile and wondered what it meant. Autokerrekt always inserts such off the wall words.

Sous vide Mongolian pork chops. Incredibly good! Marinade from allrecipes.com

Comment

• Breadhead
        Breadhead commented
        Editing a comment
        Good move on the Sous Vide step! They look fantastic.👍

• fuzzydaddy
        fuzzydaddy commented
        Editing a comment
        Great sear. They look awesome!

• martybartram
        martybartram commented
        Editing a comment
        Those are gorgeous

It doesn't get any simpler than this!

I bought a pre seasoned Tri-Tip 3lb roast that was cryovaced already. I put it in the SV bath tub in their package.👍 I SV'ed at 131° for 23 hours and then cut it out of the cryovac package, dried it off with a paper towel and brushed on some beef love. Then I put some Memphis Dust on it and took it out to put a sear on it on my little Joe kettle. My total hands on time was a grand total of about 15 minutes.😎

The beef love was from the batch I made a couple of weeks ago. I took a cube out of the freezer bag I store them in and nuked it for about 3 minutes to liquify it again and used a silicon basting brush to apply it.👍
      Attached Files

Comment

Here's an interesting cook...

BNLS Country Pork Ribs marinated in Chili-Garlic sauce, Soy, Brown Sugar

Vortex w/ 50 coals

Fire Wires

I followed the recipe and "heated a grill to Medium High" ... ugh! ( Maverick reported about 475 from a previous cook with the same rig ).

No need to turn meat using Vortex - Lid ON. Done in 20+ minutes with an IT between 145-150.

No Couch Tonite!

-- Ed

Name:	KPS.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	170152

Comment

• Medusa
          Medusa commented
          Editing a comment
          G' mornin' Breadhead!

• Breadhead
          Breadhead commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks good! Nice setup for that cook.👍

This is an easy-peazy rig for kebabs, and I did absolutely nothing other than watch the Thermo-pop. The same setup (without the Fire Wire) works very well for chicken wings / drummies. All you do is run the chicken around the perimeter.

Can't wait to do wings with the SnS, tho.

I actually bought the Vortex as the 1st add-on after comparing what it does against the Smokenator ( what's that? ). Got the Smokenator for Ribs / Turkey, but only did one failed calibration before converting to...

You guessed it... the SnS! The SnS lives in the kettle, and this is the 1st time in awhile that I've used the V.

Here's a Vortex link for those who may be interested - Lottsa pix!

Happy Cooking to All, and to All, Have a Happy Hour - TGIF!

-- Ed

Comment

Friday O'clock

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
            fuzzydaddy commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow! That's a beautiful burger.

Thank goodness more people are catching on to pork shoulder. Cheaper, so much less trimming, so much less hassle getting the entirety all barked up, so much more of a consistent product.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Medusa
            Medusa commented
            Editing a comment
            YUM! Next on the list ( of so many, many things to cook )

• Jerod Broussard
            Jerod Broussard commented
            Editing a comment
            These had to be crutched in the 170's to get done. They had ample bark. Came out real juicy. But overall a VERY inefficient way to run the PBC.

Name:	MeatBalls_052116.jpg
Views:	363
Size:	139.3 KB
ID:	170728 Meatballs ready for spaghetti sauce... heh, heh, heh...

Comment

• bbqoaf
            bbqoaf commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice! That's my plan for tonight too.

• Jerod Broussard
            Editing a comment
            I LOVE fried meatballs. Crispy coating...mmmmmm

• Medusa
            Medusa commented
            Editing a comment
            These were actually baked @375 for under 30 minutes ( IT 160ish ). Can't wait to do the stove top version in the Cast Iron. Fried for SURE!

2 choice filet mignons
          Steak fries
          Full stomachs
          Coke floats
          Smiling faces
          Attached Files

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
            fuzzydaddy commented
            Editing a comment
            Very nice crust on that filet!

• SteveFromLafayette
            SteveFromLafayette commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Fuzzy! I credit the SnS!

I was shooting for ribeyes tonight but my better half requested pulled pork

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
            fuzzydaddy commented
            Editing a comment
            Great looking butts. I like the red bear claws. Mine are black.

• Jerod Broussard
            Editing a comment
            Yeah my black are soo mundane compared to those. However they sure saved my little fingees today.....Very nice man!!

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here