Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us what you're cooking - 3/6/2016 through 11/7/2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuffed Pork Crown Rib Roast was the Bill of Fare Sunday at the Johnston House! Sorry No Little Hoighty Toighty Foil Rib Caps, wasn't a Holiday in case? Slathered with a Mustard Paste 4 Hrs before Smoking! Paste: Equal parts (1 TBS) Dakota Slims Mustard Horseradish, Grey Pompon added to (3 TBS) Raising Caine Sauce by SteveFromLafayette reinforced with 2 Tsp each Garlic Powder and Paprika! On Grill @325* F, at 12:30 PM, Weber, S 'n S, DigiQ-2, 1 Cup Water, 2 chunks each Apple and Hickory for smoke! Dressing per AllRecipie for Special Occasion Stuffed Pork Crown Rib Roast with added Bacon (4), 8 Oz. Sliced Musrooms, and 15 Oz. Can of Mandarin Orange's. 3:00 PM Raining Like a Tall Cow on a Flat Rock! DigiQ quit (wet?) thank you Maverick had to resort to using Bottom Vents on Weber which ran hot until 4:15 PM when the Rain Slowed enough to Rescue My Roast! Well Done instead Medium I wanted slightly Dry but very Flavorful! Not to Bad For First Time Ever! Next time might even get me some Hoighty Toighty Rib Caps! From Fargo ND, Dan
    Last edited by Danjohnston949; April 25, 2016, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Still at it.....on the road....

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Fit to eat indeed! I could eat about 8 of those.

Ernest, 👍👍👍👍👍. Your Tacos Look Fit to Eat! Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

A classic hot wing taste with a good smokey/grilled taste. Oak lump charcoal for these.

Comment

Ribs two ways again. I haven't been happy with my ribs lately - I feel not enough of the fat was being rendered, so I cooked these at 250 instead of 225 and for a bit longer. Better.

Click image for larger version

Name:	lmr-4-26-2.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	161474

Name:	lmr-4-26.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	161473

Comment

• Breadhead
          Breadhead commented
          Editing a comment
          Those look great.👍 The sesame seeds add a nice touch for the picture too.😉

• fzxdoc
          fzxdoc commented
          Editing a comment
          Yummy yum yum.

Last nights cook, a behemoth of a double cheeseburger. 2 2lbs patties of ground beef, 1 lb of bacon, 3/4 american cheese, sauteed red onions in red wine vin, 1- 1 1/2 lb fresh pulled pork on a King's Hawaiin Round bread cut into 3 slices. Topped with sweet baby rays bbq sauce. And the bun wasnt quite big enough. Final weight, approx 6 lbs 😃😃😃
        Last edited by MObbqJLH; April 27, 2016, 01:40 PM.

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          That. Is a monster burger. Nice!

• Craigar
          Craigar commented
          Editing a comment
          What did you use for a spatula, a snow shovel? Ha!

• MObbqJLH
          MObbqJLH commented
          Editing a comment
          I used two spatulas, i need a pizza peel!

My breakfast this morning....which even though my son and wife said they weren't hungry, they helped themselves to half of it.

Bacon on the grates, layered like shingles to form an egg-proof layer. Eggs cracked on top of the bacon. Idea courtesy of Jon Solberg

Name:	IMAG9785.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	308.1 KB
ID:	161486

I did a double tier grate this time, to allow more heat under the bacon. Did this with 2 bricks and the 18.5" grate from my Jumbo Joe.

Name:	IMAG9786.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	211.2 KB
ID:	161485

The bacon cooked at ~375 for about 30 min before cracking the eggs. I lost one, there was supposed to be 4 but one dripped down to my foil drip catcher like an old man easing into a warm bath. I watched hoping it would stop but it was on a mission.

Name:	IMAG9791.jpg
Views:	398
Size:	200.0 KB
ID:	161487

The eggs were about 30 min, but 25 would've been fine.

Here they are at about 20min (bacon at 50min).

Name:	baconeggs.PNG
Views:	379
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	161488

Comment

• richinlbrg
          richinlbrg commented
          Editing a comment
          WOW!!!

This made my must try list!

• ribeyeguy
          ribeyeguy commented
          Editing a comment
          It looks delicious but it looks the egg that's the closest in the picture is also trying to make a getaway. Did you salvage it?

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          ribeyeguy Yeah, it only made it half off.

Got to head back out tonight so I kept it simple with Meathead's Brat recipe Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0001 (8).JPG
Views:	393
Size:	296.2 KB
ID:	161520 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0002 (6).JPG
Views:	414
Size:	277.7 KB
ID:	161519

Comment

Dunch again...👍

Mushroom Risotto. Mushrooms, white wine, home made chicken stock, shallots, fresh shaved Parmesan cheese and jumbo shrimp.😋

I SV'ed the shrimp, right out of the freezer, at 131° for 90 minutes and then seared it to add some color in a hot skillet. Mmmmm👍
        Attached Files

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
          fuzzydaddy commented
          Editing a comment
          Big time Mmmmm!

• Thunder77
          Thunder77 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'll have that for Dunch any day!!

Oh yeah, somewhere in Hampton Inn.....

That's 2 Prime steaks for $26. Had one today, the other is vacuum sealed ready for the hot tub time machine Thursday or Friday.

Comment

• David Parrish
          David Parrish commented
          Editing a comment
          Wowzers! Amazing cook and amazing deal on those steaks!

• ribeyeguy
          ribeyeguy commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow, judging from pic #1 they look like Waygu. I bet they were amazing!

Filipino Chicken Adobo. Recipe from the NYT. Was really awesome. SHMBO raved about it.

Name:	ProShot_20160427_212945.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	161712

Comment

• Dewesq55
          Dewesq55 commented
          Editing a comment
          Basmati rice cooked Indian style, five parts rice six parts water

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Glad you liked adobo, Dewesq55! Eating it the proper way with that amazing sauce all over the rice. If you ever get to Brooklyn or Manila, I HIGHLY recommend going to the restaurant Purple Yam, and Chef Romy Dorotan & Amy Besa from whom the NYT adapted the recipe. One of my favorites!

• Dewesq55
          Dewesq55 commented
          Editing a comment
          I lived in Brooklyn for 30 years. Never been to Manila, though.

Bought a "store cooked" meatloaf because it was on sale and I'd never tried that store's meatloaf before. It was just OK, a little bready and mushy for my taste to eat by itself, so I made it into a casserole with a sauce consisting of primarily ketchup and sugar with salt, pepper, onion and garlic. Topped with panko. Served with steamed and buttered Brussels Sprouts, salad and a nice glass of Petite Syrah.

Name:	meatloaf-cass-3.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	161724

Comment

Keeping it light tonight with some bean wraps:

- Beans flavoured with Lebanese seven spice blend
          - Homemade tzatziki
          - Bulgarian sheep feta (the world's best feta and it's not close)
          - Cabbage and tomatoe

Not much to look at but delicious and healthy.

Comment

Lunch!

Comment

• bbqoaf
              bbqoaf commented
              Editing a comment
              I want pizza now, looks great.

• SteveFromLafayette
              SteveFromLafayette commented
              Editing a comment
              Looks amazing!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here