Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us what you're cooking - 3/6/2016 through 11/7/2020

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a simple reverse sear Tri-Tip that I marinated in the old FoodSaver marinater for 5 hours.

On the Komodo Kamado.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1133.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	167.0 KB
ID:	168750

On the plate.

Name:	IMG_1135.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	110.6 KB
ID:	168751

Thanks for looking!

Comment

• richinlbrg
      richinlbrg commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow!!

• Thunder77
      Thunder77 commented
      Editing a comment
      That's a beauty!

First try at a bacon-weaved fatty. Used the Slow 'n Sear as it's so easy to work with. Can't wait to try it.

On reflection, I think I'll go with thick cut bacon next time and maybe mold the fatty a little bit. There was way too much bacon overhanging the ends. Not bad for a first try though.

Although how can you go wrong with bacon and sausage...

Name:	image_20303.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	332.2 KB
ID:	168758
    Last edited by IrondeQuer; May 16, 2016, 01:21 PM. Reason: added editorial content

Comment

BBQ pizza on the bbq

Comment

Pulled these enchiladas out of the oven and The Ric Flare in me jumped out........ WOOOOOOOOOO!

Homemade guacamole

Comment

• troymeister
          troymeister commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh Yeah...That's my latest lexicon...Effin awesome!

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Beautiful!!! I bet those were amazing.

Long time no post. Did two cooks the other day; pulled veal and veal shoulder. The second one got a newly invented turkish (or at least oriental) rub.

The first one (pulled veal) turned out just superb, with a relatively ordinary rub:

Name:	pulled_beef.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	168995

I made some really nice bbq sandwiches with this one.

Then followed the veal shoulder, rubbed with: coffee, cardamom, cinnamon, ginger.

The shoulder was smoked very traditionally, but the rub is not common. After so many butts/shoulders though, I wanted to try something new, and this one turned out really good. My wife said it resembled her of Coca Cola, don't know if that's a good thing....

Let me know if anyone wants the recipe, here's the meat anyway:

Name:	veal_shoulder.jpg
Views:	388
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	168996

Both of them have really nice bark, and a very pretty smoke ring.

Comment

• Henrik
          Henrik commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks guys!

3-3.5 lbs veal shoulder
          1 tsp cinnamon
          1 tsp cardamom
          1 tsp ginger
          1 tsp finely ground coffee beans
          1.5 tsp salt
          2 tsp mustard (spread it thin, as 'glue')

I use salt in the rub here to dry brine it at the same time. Leave it overnight in the fridge.

• Henrik
          Henrik commented
          Editing a comment
          I keep forgetting pics of our 'puppy', will be sure to include her in the next post! She's not so small anymore...

• Thunder77
          Thunder77 commented
          Editing a comment
          Mother of Bark! That looks soooo good!

El Pollo Loco style chicken again. Served with steamed and butter green beans, baked sweet potato and salad (none of which are pictured).

Name:	epl2.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	169032

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
          fuzzydaddy commented
          Editing a comment
          It looks crazy good! Great color too.

• Thunder77
          Thunder77 commented
          Editing a comment
          Have you shared the recipe on the site anywhere?

• mgaretz
          mgaretz commented
          Editing a comment
          Not yet. If you Google it you'll find the basic recipe. I have done a few tweaks to it. I'll post it when I get back home, I'm currently traveling for the next week.

Originally posted by mgaretz View Post
        El Pollo Loco style chicken again. Served with steamed and butter green beans, baked sweet potato and salad (none of which are pictured).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n169032[/ATTACH]
        What does Crazy Chicken Style consist of?

Comment

• mgaretz
          mgaretz commented
          Editing a comment
          El Pollo Loco is a fast food chain that serves this style of chicken and Mexican food. It's basically marinated in orange/pineapple juice with vinegar, lime juice, salt, pepper, chili, oregano, oil and garlic, then grilled. I use my pellet smoker at 450 for about an hour.

• Henrik
          Henrik commented
          Editing a comment
          That marinade/spice sounds delicious!

Had today off and made good use of it. Cooked a slab of spares, 4 chicken legs/thighs and a 2 pound link of fresh kielbasa on my PBC. The chicken and sausage is cut up, vacuum sealed and frozen, it will be used for jambalaya in the near future.
        Last edited by AdamJG; May 17, 2016, 05:12 PM.

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
          fuzzydaddy commented
          Editing a comment
          Great job! The ribs look really good, and so does the chicken and kielbasa.

• Thunder77
          Thunder77 commented
          Editing a comment
          I WOULD be looking at this right before lunch! I'm starving!

*Taco Tuesday.......on Tuesday!!*

WOOOOOOOO!!

Comment

• Henrik
          Henrik commented
          Editing a comment
          Very fresh.

Syttende Mai (Norwegian Independance Day). I am not Scandohoovian but Eunice Is! So to keep peace in the Household I "Prepared" Smoked Salmon and Grilled Vidalia Onions! She is 1/2 Norwegian and 1/2 Danish a hard headed combination for Sure! Jon Solberg a Happy Hooladay to You and Yours! Spinaker, ribeyeguy and the rest of You Scandahoovians Happy Hooladay! Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan
        Last edited by Danjohnston949; May 17, 2016, 08:05 PM.

Comment

• Breadhead
          Breadhead commented
          Editing a comment
          Dan... You treat Eunice pretty nicely, even though you own her.😉

Originally posted by Henrik View Post
        Long time no post. Did two cooks the other day; pulled veal and veal shoulder. The second one got a newly invented turkish (or at least oriental) rub.

The first one (pulled veal) turned out just superb, with a relatively ordinary rub:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n168995[/ATTACH]

I made some really nice bbq sandwiches with this one.

Then followed the veal shoulder, rubbed with: coffee, cardamom, cinnamon, ginger.

The shoulder was smoked very traditionally, but the rub is not common. After so many butts/shoulders though, I wanted to try something new, and this one turned out really good. My wife said it resembled her of Coca Cola, don't know if that's a good thing....

Let me know if anyone wants the recipe, here's the meat anyway:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n168996[/ATTACH]

Both of them have really nice bark, and a very pretty smoke ring.
        Looks amazing as always Henrik but now to the real question that we're all clamoring for an answer to: What's the latest with Sally? Almost full grown by now?

Comment

Alright, by request, here's a photo of Sally, now a little more than 6 months old. She now weighs 45 kilograms (99 lbs). Steadily growing!

Name:	Sally.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	173.5 KB
ID:	169243

Comment

• David Parrish
            David Parrish commented
            Editing a comment
            This really needs to be in our pet thread that can be found in General Discussion

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            Look at those paws!! She's gonna be a biggin'

• Henrik
            Henrik commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree 100% @Breadhead.
            David Parrish, of course. Point taken.

Lunch... Taco Tuesday on Wednesday.😋
          Attached Files

Comment

• Breadhead
            Breadhead commented
            Editing a comment
            I buy the type with the smooooth finish.😆 Nothing but the best here.👌

• fuzzydaddy
            fuzzydaddy commented
            Editing a comment
            Looks delicious. Beef?

• Breadhead
            Breadhead commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes... Beef Fuzzy.👍

Deep dish microwave pizza with pastrami on top.
          Attached Files

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
            fuzzydaddy commented
            Editing a comment
            If you were closer, I'd be on my way over already. Looks great!

Mongolian Pork Chops a la Breadhead. He posted this recipe - I don't remember the post bc there's no save button... ​ hint hint - but I sent it to my email and kept it. It's probably the best pork chop I've ever made. The glaze is delicious as is the mustard sauce. A traditional sear first allowed me to glaze the chops every 5 mins (after moving to indirect) until it came up to temp. I pulled them at 140-142. Very moist and VERY tender.

Last edited by JCBBQ; May 18, 2016, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here