Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Outdoor Cooking/Entertaining Area Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah man! This is awesome! You have mad skills. Were you a carpenter before becoming an attorney?

Comment

• Dewesq55
      Dewesq55 commented
      Editing a comment
      hoovarmin - That's very kind of you. I was never a carpenter. My dad was so I've been around tools and wood my entire life. Interestingly, I didn't mean much, if anything about carpentry from him, but I did learn a lot from my brother who learned it from our dad and elsewhere.

• Dewesq55
      Dewesq55 commented
      Editing a comment
      I have lots of good tools and am very congealed around them. From my brother I learned not to be afraid to try things with them. There's a lot one can do if you research, plan and then just go for it. One reason this is taking so long is that I am endlessly thinking, planning, mulling and visualizing every step of the way, especially before I attempt something new. Plus, guitar building has taught me a lot about the need to focus on precision for certain things.

• hoovarmin
      hoovarmin commented
      Editing a comment
      I never learned any carpentry or handy man skills from my dad either, because he doesn't even own a screwdriver and never did. But I have taught myself to do things and risked projects that I never dreamed I'd take on. It's very rewarding. I'm nowhere near your level, and precision is outside my reach. That's why I shoot shotguns and not rifles, lol.

Very good job. This has been fun to watch.

Comment

This has been a great project to follow. Not a single slap-dash motion in the entire build. I'm looking forward to the next installment.

Kathryn

Comment

Some more pix from today:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20201010_223415321-01.jpeg
Views:	277
Size:	187.7 KB
ID:	921995Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20201010_223507353-01.jpeg
Views:	282
Size:	187.0 KB
ID:	921996Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20201010_223544288-01.jpeg
Views:	283
Size:	225.7 KB
ID:	921997Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20201010_223549078-02.jpeg
Views:	281
Size:	260.9 KB
ID:	921998

Comment

Looking great!!! When do you plan to have The Pit party?

Comment

• Dewesq55
            Dewesq55 commented
            Editing a comment
            Not until after I get a LSG, at least!

Look at those cuts and corners!!!!! Perfection!!!

Comment

Great job!

Comment

Maybe you mentioned this previously and I missed it, but when you get your cookers on the deck how do you plan to protect that beautiful wood from burning embers?

Comment

• Dewesq55
                Dewesq55 commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm going to put Hardie Backer or Durock under them.

Looking great! Love the detail where the 4 picture frames come together!

Comment

Wow. That's really great

Comment

• Dewesq55
                  Dewesq55 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you!

So, good news! I'm getting the rest of my lumber that I've been owed for 3 months on Friday! If the weather continues to cooperate, I should have them basic construction completed by next week. And, I might have some progress photos tomorrow or Friday.

Comment

• hoovarmin
                  hoovarmin commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Right on, brother!

Beautiful and good luck.

Comment

So, an update! The balance of my lumber came Friday, add promised, but it was raining so I got nothing done. Yesterday I got the electric finally finished and got some more decking down. Today, I got a bunch more deck boards cut and loose laid. I also got the materials to do the plumbing. I could be finished in a few days.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20201018_223812185-01.jpeg
Views:	215
Size:	189.0 KB
ID:	925875

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                    Mr. Bones commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Lookin Good, an then some, Brother!

That's gonna be some kinda Hailuvva deck, when yer finished. !!!

Keep safe, an no more mishaps, okay???

(Yeah. Lectricity? WTF could go South with that??? lol! ) (Lectrician, here)

• hoovarmin
                    hoovarmin commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Glad you aren't doing electric work in the rain, lol! If I'd taken a chunk of my thumb like you did I'd probably apply for disability. Waiting with baited breath for the final product. Looks great!

• Dewesq55
                    Dewesq55 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    hoovarmin - Liked Mr. Bones said, WTF could go wrong with that? 😯

Looking good. How's the thumb doing?

Kathryn

Comment

• Dewesq55
                    Dewesq55 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    A little tender, but not too bad, Kathryn. Thanks for asking.

Looks great!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here