Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL: How do you take your Bourbon/Scotch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it’s brown, it’s neat. If it’s clear, mixed and with ice.

Comment

Bourbon, especially a good Bourbon, like Maker's Mark or Woodford Reserve, neat. No ice, no water. I like water on the side.
      Last edited by Joetee; May 22, 2020, 07:36 PM.

Comment

I prefers, ah sez I prefers, to take mine Orally, Son!
        Neat, as yall well know, although I have recently, fer th first time in years, done some with a couple splashes CoCola.
        Weird, huh?

Comment

• smokin fool
          smokin fool commented
          Editing a comment
          Weird, you my friend are far from weird....
          I got a buddy who will only drink bourbon with grape pop.
          Makes my skin crawl....

• DogFaced PonySoldier
          DogFaced PonySoldier commented
          Editing a comment
          OMG SMOKIN, that is just... just... well, to each his own, but he'd be outta luck at my place.

Neat! Fixing to go pour me one...

Comment

Lowball glass, full of ice, lay the Maker's Mark gently on the ice. Let sit for about 5 minutes, then enjoy. Like my bourbon cold and slightly diluted.

Comment

I’ll take my bourbon how I can get it .... like Mr. Bones I ain’t picky. But, if I have the time and fixings, I make an old fashioned or a manhattan.

Comment

Bourbon....neat`, unless its cheap swill that needs all the help you can give it
              Rye,,,,1 cube, for some reason I can`t do Ryes at room temp
              Scotch....have tried to like it but just can't get into it
              Last edited by smokin fool; June 29, 2020, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Neat and on the rocks!
                Attached Files

Comment

• volsmoker
                  volsmoker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ardbeg and a good cigar is a match made in heaven!

Years ago I was Jack and Coke. Then it was always on the rocks for years. Lately, i’ve found Elijah Craig, Old Forester, Bulleit, and Four Roses small batch and have moved into the neat club or the ice is only for the cheap whiskey club. I’ve heard about Old Forester, but was never willing to part with the dough to try it until a local store got some 100 proof that’s less than $30 bottle. It has a little burn, but might be the best bourbon I’ve ever had. I since bought a bottle of 1870, but can’t get myself to open it.

Comment

• glitchy
                  glitchy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sweaty Paul not yet ;-)

• Sweaty Paul
                  Sweaty Paul commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Think you’ll like it. Has a bit of burn, however, it is still smooth.

• smokin fool
                  smokin fool commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Can’t even smell Jack after a weekend of over indulgence in the 80’s

I don’t drink Scotch at all. Carry over from my dad. He was a frogman in Vietnam and all they drank in Olongapo/Subic Bay was Scotch. Ever since, whenever he drinks it, he goes right back there. Weird as it may sound, growing up, I get really aggressive and angry when I drink scotch. Any other whiskey is no problem for me. SO! I will take any other whiskey I get my hands on. I do like it cold though, as I’m in the rocks. .
                Last edited by RickyBobby; May 23, 2020, 11:39 PM.

Comment

• smokin fool
                  smokin fool commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I know people like that, drink Scotch and it’s a disaster anything else normal
                  Go figure

• Mr. Bones
                  Mr. Bones commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I heartily endorse, an commend yer use of good judgement, in this matter...
                  Reckon we all have our Dragons to slay, Brother...

I couldn't cast a vote for some reason. In warmer weather I will add an ice cube. In the winter I take it neat. I have been enjoying Redbreast and Green Spot Irish lately but Single Malt is generally my choice when I drink whiskey.

I had a bad experience with bourbon so I stay away from that.

Comment

• Jfrosty27
                  Jfrosty27 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Green Spot Irish is a winner! 😋

Rocks, but with very little ice.

Comment

Wow what a mega-bump !!!

For 5 decades it’s been scotch rocks. Those are my dying words

Comment

I drink both, though more bourbon, and in both cases, meat or rocks, depending more on my mood than anything.

Comment

I like mine neat. I just opened a single barrel Evan Williams first put in oak in 2011 and this barrel is pretty good! Smoking a rack of ribs and enjoying the day.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here