Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL: How do you take your Bourbon/Scotch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any way I can. Neat, on the rocks, whisky and ginger ale--goto cocktail,

Comment

• RustyHaines
      RustyHaines commented
      Editing a comment
      Occasionally I drink bourbon with a spicy ginger beer like Goya Jamaican style. Very tasty indeed, especially in the summer.

Everyday scotch (Dewars) gets rocks and splash of water. Nicer, single malt scotches get 1-2 ice cubes depending on which one

Comment

On the rocks (with ice)

Comment

I'll drink them all neat. Bourbon or rye I use in cocktails here and there... nothing exotic - Old fashioned, Manhattan etc. Scotch is always single malt, always neat, sometimes with water back.

Comment

Well, generally it’s neat. A few things can be on the rocks...but not usually. And for malts, never.
          When asked if I want ice and/or water with a single malt... My usual reply is, "For what...to ruin it twice?" LOL

For that matter, other quality spirits don’t generally need it either...

Comment

I still don't like ice in my bourbon (maybe a drop or 3 of water if it's a 100-proofer) but this past summer was so hot for so long I got accustomed to a tiny ice cube in my Scotch, and I enjoyed it out in the heat catching some rays. My wife likes her bourbon on the rocks but I can't do that.

Comment

Neat.

Comment

Neat.

Comment

Bourbon and whisky neat with perhaps a few drops of water in especially high alcohol whisky to bring out the flavours. No ice cubes in sight.

Comment

Either neat or with morning coffee on the weekend

Comment

I'm primarily a bourbon drinker and depends on the mood. More often than not, its on the rocks with those metal whiskey rocks, but neat is alright by me, and I won't be offended by regular ice cubes.

Im also a fan of the old fashioned and a Manhattan from time to time.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here