Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL: How do you take your Bourbon/Scotch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Usually...in a glass...but if I don't have one...;0

Comment

I wanted to check two boxes. I prefer bourbon to scotch and if I'm sipping it I prefer on the rocks. But when I want a mixed drink I do enjoy a well-made Manhattan, Old Fashioned, or Mint Julep.

Comment

• Hi, my name is Joe
        Hi, my name is Joe commented
        Editing a comment
        I really like my manhattans with brown sugar, black walnut bitters and a luxardo. Eagle Rare is my favorite for making that concoction. High west is probably a close second.

Awesome avatar BTW! My 3yr old pointed it out She'll probably never grow up like us.

I like my bourbon straight up, in my coffee, sauteed in my mushrooms, in my beef stew, grilled onions, gee just about anyway, usually use Buffalo Trace or Eagle Rare

Comment

I put a teaspoon, maybe a tablespoon (a "dash" anyway), of water in my 2 fingers of Buffalo Trace the other night. I liked it. I'll probably stick with straight from the bottle neat though.

Comment

• EdF
          EdF commented
          Editing a comment
          I've been known to find the smallest possible ice cube and drop it into my Scotch. Then let it melt while I'm sipping. Takes just a little edge off.

• kmhfive
          kmhfive commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm with EdF. I'll add a small ice cube to a glass of Single Malt to open the flavor a little.

I never tried Scotch, I'm a bourbon kind of Guy, my top 5 Bourbons? Number 1, Booker's, Knob Creek, Maker's Mark, Elijah Craig and Eagles Rare.

Comment

Two cubes and i'm good, then add more scotch so i don't get the dregs.

Comment

I like my scotch with a little bit of water and no ice.

Comment

I only drink Balvenie straight up. And only when I am by myself, or with somebody. Preferably in my Irish Pub and with a Lucho...

Click image for larger version  Name:	47287_1522351815526_3737848_n.jpg Views:	1 Size:	45.1 KB ID:	301656

Comment

Depends on the location, and who you are with. Home with my wife it is usually Jack and Coke Zero. Up North On the river with my Fishing crew. Out of the freezer with 2 cubes & a beer. Anything goes.Captains choice. Four Roses, Blantons, Makers Mark,Crown of any variety except Maple or Apple, Black Bush, Jameson's. Just to name a few.

Comment

Funny. I wrote a song long ago about a Lucho and a Balvenie...

Lucho... Finished another song on my list to be on my CD Pholk You. Shooting with the Canon T2i, audio using a Zoom H4.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                    Mr. Bones commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Nice stuff ya' have there, Brotha!!!
                    Might haveta pick up th' Duty Strat today, in between cookin'
                    Usually jus' grab up th' flattop.
                    Both are within a few feet of my livin' room chair...Ready For Duty

• Pirate Scott
                    Pirate Scott commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Very Nice lonnie mac

Jim beam black neat.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                    Mr. Bones commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Have ya tried th Black Extry Aged? Game Changer, imo, an I ain't zackly no Beam Guy, but th results speak fer themselves...

Depends entirely on the juice. If it's a hotter proof I'll typically add a little ice to calm it down so my not so refined palate can enjoy what complexities I can find. If I can drink it neat, that's what i prefer.

Even with a scotch, if I can add a single ice cube I will, I like to think the small amount of ice brings the temp of the drink down closer to what drinking Scotch is like in it's birthplace.

Comment

on the house, ; 0

Comment

I it cant stand on its own neat, you shouldn't be drinking it.

Comment

Glenmorangie was at one time my favorite. My first glass was when I was stationed in England in the military. I used to like scotch. But since I moved to Kentuck, Bourbon capital of the world, I started drinking bourbon. I never liked it much before. But since I live here I was determined to learn to like it. Now I love it and don't like scotch for some reason.

Comment

• Huskee
                          Huskee commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I can appreciate what you're saying. I happen to really like both, but I'm typically strongly in the mood for one or the other. To me they're like choosing ribs or brisket.

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here