Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL: How do you take your Bourbon/Scotch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jus' became mildly intrigued by this, have not (yet) tried it, prob'ly hard to get, Stateside...

Click image for larger version

Name:	1280px-Habushu.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	144.4 KB
ID:	414235

Comment

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      I've seen it in China. One of the pilots had some as he was doing a "reverse sear" cause the new wife wanted a baby.
      Bartender said it would help with that kind of thing.

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh man, not even at gun point....I'll take the bullet first, several if necessary.

• fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment

Depends on the quality or not of the whisky. Good whisky? Neat. Not so great? on the rocks, usually just a cube or two. Mixing? Blasphemy!

Blended scotch like Famous Grouse, on the rocks. Single malts neat but some require a drop or two of water. Bourbon is more variable. Colonel EH Taylor small batch ... neat. Knob Creek with two small cubes.

Comment

Rocks but the number of rocks varies with the quality of the scotch. 1 cube for Lagavulin. Full rocks glass for Dewars. Bourbon is neat but I very rarely drink bourbon and it has to be the right bourbon.

Comment

I take it in a glass. Straight up. Then I take it outside and use it to clean oil stains from my driveway.

Comment

• Hi, my name is Joe
          Hi, my name is Joe commented
          Editing a comment
          Can I be an oil stain on your driveway?

I came across this from, 'Dailybeast. c o m' a Food/Restaurant/Spirits editor (where my avatar came from), rated the best bourbons on the market

Henry McKenna Single Malt 10yr aged, single barrel, made the list, I was lucky, got two bottles, around last X-mas, been sold out, for awhile. And still cannot get it, I'm on several waiting lists $29 per bottle.

Love scotch, single malts, very big distinction, in flavors, if from the peat bogs region, strong smokey flavor, requires more aging to mellow, vs scotch from the highlands of Scotland. That 15 yr old Glennfiddck, is wonderful! Johnny walker blue, go figure it's a blend, & very pricey

Comment

Scotch neat with a small splash of water as others have said. I have never acquired a taste for bourbons...he says while ducking to avoid debris.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Cheers to ya, Brother <clink> from a Bourbon Guy...no debris, sez I

Neat sometimes with a splash of water to open it up. Ice shuts down the flavor. I'll do it over ice if the whiskey is cheaper though. I also do good tequila over ice on hot days.

Comment

Tried to develop a taste for Scotch, can't do it.
            Done a bit better with Bourbon, neat or rocks.

Comment

Ok, I just poured myself a finger of Elijah Craig, NEAT, in honor of this poll.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                Other Brother!!!!

• Richard Chrz
                Richard Chrz commented
                Editing a comment
                I just had a dram of that a few weeks ago. That is a quality bourbon!

• jfmorris
                jfmorris commented
                Editing a comment
                Richard Chrz yes it is!

I gave up the hooch over 6 months ago.

I just voted again? Because I can still taste it.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                ¡De Nada, Ese! Respect!

Love ya, Brother!
                You Da Bestest!

• fzxdoc
                fzxdoc commented
                Editing a comment
                Wow, that's huge, HouseHomey . I'm proud of you. Stay the course--best wishes on that.

Kathryn

• Richard Chrz
                Richard Chrz commented
                Editing a comment
                Keep rocking it!

Internally...

Comment

My own whiskey I'll drink neat. If I want a cold drink I'll grab a beer.
              If it's free whiskey I'm not picky!!!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                I like how ya roll, Brother!

and by the bottle...

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                So, kinda surprised, there ain't no active, live, oak barrels, there at yer place? Hmmm...

Mr. Bones that would be considered moonshinin'and that illegal in Texas...
              Attached Files

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                Yup, sorry, Brother; reckon I lost my lil ol mind, fer a second, or two....
                What was I a thinkin???
                Why, now that ya mention it, why, that there would jus be not only wrong, but illegal...totally my Bad, Brother, an I aplologize fer even speakin such things...
                Or fer even thinkin, at all...

Cheers to ya, Amigo!

Mr. Bones skol, my brother.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                Sláinte, My Brother!

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here