Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 3 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Lost Username or Password | Pitmaster Club Information, | Join 30 Days Free | Contact Us ]

There are 2 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse

Meat-Up in Memphis 2021

Join us in Memphis for our Meat-Up! Space is limited to 400, secure your spot by booking early!
Click here for details. (https://amazingribs.com/memphis)
See more
See less

Smoked Pork Shank - Served at Cinderella's Castle, and I want to serve it too!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PaulstheRibList
    Founding Member
    • Jul 2014
    • Lake Charles, LA
    • Started Low-N-Slow BBQ in 2012. Obviously, it's taken hold (in chronological order:
      1.) A pair of Weber Smokey Mountain 22.5's
      2.) #LilTex, a 22" Expensive Offset Smoker (looks like a Yoder Witicha)
      3.) #WhoDat1, a HUGE Gravity Fed Insulated Cabinet Smoker (cooking chamber 3'x2'x6')
      4.) A Full Size Commercial Dryer/converted to Vertical Smoker.
      5.) Jambo Backyard stickburner (my FAVORITE Pit so far)
      6.) GrillMeister, a huge 24"x48" Adjustable, Charcoal Grill from Pitmaker.com
      7.) 22" Weber Kettle with Slow-N-Sear
      8.) Vault insulated reverse-flow cabinet smoker from Pitmaker
      9.) BarbecueFiretruck...under development
      10.) 26 foot BBQ Vending Trailer equipped with HUGE Myron Mixon 72xc smoker is HERE, Oct 2016!
      11.) Opened www.PaulsRibShackBarbecue.com Food Trailer officially in March 2017
      12.) Austin Smoke Works 500 Gallon Propane Tank Offset Smoker, named "Lucille" as travel pit for PaulsRibShack, Oct 2018.
      12.) Opening Brick & Mortar location at 4800 Nelson Rd, Spring 2019. Had a pair of 1,000 Gallon Austin Smoke Works pits, both in RibShackRed for our new place!

Fabulous Backlit Thermapens, several Maverick Remote Thermometers (don't use any remotes anymore), Thermoworks Smoke, Other Thermoworks toys, Vacuum sealer, lots and lots of equipment...

I'm loving using BBQ to make friends and build connections.
      I have #theRibList where I keep a list of new and old friends and whenever I'm cooking, I make 1 to 20 extra and share the joy.

Smoked Pork Shank - Served at Cinderella's Castle, and I want to serve it too!

We have gone to Disney...to many times! However, my wife has helped me enjoy it even more by adding the sit-down dining plan to our visits. One of the best meals was the Pork Shank at Cinderella's Royal Table, the restaurant in the Castle at Walt Disney World. It was fantastic!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4991.JPG
Views:	284
Size:	2.24 MB
ID:	744579

However, I've never cooked Pork Shank, nor have I smoked it. Please chime in - can you smoke Pork Shank successfully, and give me your pointers!

P.S. I also want to smoke Beef Shank.
  • smokin fool
    Club Member
    • Apr 2019
    • Mississauga, Ont

Excellent question.
    I don't see shanks to often but hocks are usually available so same question about successful pork hock smoking.

Comment

• PaulstheRibList
      PaulstheRibList commented
      Editing a comment
      What he said! Thanks, Smokin Fool
  • HawkerXP
    Club Member
    • Jul 2016
    • Virginia
    • 2 Weber Performers, 1 kettle, 1 Smoky Joe and a PBC
      Thermopops
      Dot and Chef Alarm with probes
      Slo n Sear
      Cold beer

I love the pork shank at hofbrauhaus newport ky

Comment

• mountainsmoker
      Banned Former Member
      • Jun 2019
      • Bryson City, NC

I just posted over on another site that I have done them so I guess I had better put up or slicious smoke into them also. What I have done is give them 2-2.5 hours of slow and low smoke. Then I transfer them to my braiser along with root vegetables that are in season. In an other 2-2.5 hours everything should be done. I let them rest while I make some mashed potatoes or mashed potatoes and turnips to serve as a base for the braise. Serve with the potatoes then then one shank per person and some of the vegetables. Strain the braising liquid removing the fat and pass.

There is nothing better than this. The shanks are slightly falling apart with a mildly smoky smell and taste.

Comment

• Old Glory
        Old Glory commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreed braising is the way to go. Possibly crisp it up in the oven just before serving.
    • Potkettleblack
      Club Member
      • Jun 2016
      • Beautiful Downtown Berwyn
      • Grill: Grilla Original / Weber Genesis EP-330 / OK Joe Bronco Drum
        Thermometers: Thermapen / iGrill 2 / Fireboard
        For Smoke: Chunks / Pellet Tube / Mo Pouch
        Sous Vide: Joule / Nomiku WiFi (RIP Nomiku)
        Disqus: Le Chef - (something something something) - it changes

I believe using the Meathead Disney Turkey Leg recipe will work pretty well for what you’re going for.

Alternatively, look for schweinshaxe on the google. Roasted pork shank. I’ve messed around and made some tasty Sous-B-Cue with them. Sadly, my supplier doesn’t sell them skin on anymore, and the skin was the reason for em. I did some google translate on that, because I was trying to recreate what I’d had in Munich.

Comment

• PaulstheRibList
        Editing a comment
        I will look at that. Thank you!
    • FishTalesNC
      Club Member
      • Dec 2017
      • Durham, NC

• Cookers
        • Oklahoma Joe’s Bronco
        • Weber Premium Kettle 26” w/ SNS XL
        • Weber Smokey Joe 14”
        • Pit Barrel Cooker

Thermometers
        • Fireboard Extreme BBQ Edition
        • ​​​​​​​Weber iGrill 2 w/ 1 ambient and 3 meat probes
        • Thermapen mk4

Accessories
        • Oklahoma Joe’s Triple Grate
        • Oklahoma Joe’s Super Skewers
        • ​​​​​​​Weber Gourmet BBQ System Pizza Stone
        • Weber Gourmet BBQ System Wok
        • EasySpin Cooking Grate (26”)
        • Custom Cut GrillGrates for SNS XL
        • Frogmat cut to fit 26" w/ SNS
        • Weber Original Rib Rack
        • Pampered Chef BBQ Pizza Pan (2)
        • Weber Chimney Starter (2)
        • Beast Armor Gloves
        • CharGon Grate Cleaner
        • PBC Chimney Starter
        • PBC Ash Pan
        • PBC Hinged Grate
        • PBC Corn Hanger
        • PBC Vertical Skewers (10" & 15")
        • PBC Sausage Hanger
        • PBC Basket Hanger

Can't help with the pork shank, but we are Disney lovers too - our first date was to Disney Land, and we just booked another Disney World trip for this time next year, including the dining plan with sit down meals. Have you tried Ohana's at the Polynesian resort? My favorite restaurant anywhere... shrimp, chicken, sirloin steak, all cooked over an 18ft oak fire pit! And they won't stop bringing it until you say "uncle".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u563xFs2ZnU

Comment

• PaulstheRibList
        Editing a comment
        Super cool!!!!
    • fzxdoc
      Founding Member
      • Jul 2014
      • My toys:
        Weber Summit Charcoal Grilling Center (WSCGC) aka Mr. Fancypants
        Pit Barrel Cooker (which rocks)
        Weber Summit S650 Gas Grill
        Weber Kettle Premium 22"
        Weber Jumbo Joe Premium 22" (a weird little 22" kettle mutant on 22"-long legs) (donated to local battered women's shelter.)
        Camp Chef Somerset IV 4-burner outdoor gas range

Adrenaline BBQ Company's SnS, DnG and Large Charcoal Basket for WSCGC
        Adrenaline BBQ Company's Elevated SS Rack for WSCGC
        Adrenaline BBQ Company's SS Rack for DnG
        Grill Grate for SnS
        Grill Grates: five 17.375 sections (retired to storage)
        Grill Grates: six 19.25 panels for exact fit for Summit S650 gasser
        2 Grill Grate Griddles
        Steelmade Griddle for Summit gas grill

Fireboard Extreme BBQ Thermometer Package
        Fireboard control unit in addition to that in the Extreme BBQ Package
        Additional Fireboard probes: Competition Probes 1" (3) and 4" (1), 3 additional Ambient Probes. 1 additional Food Probe
        2 Fireboard Driver Cables
        Pit Viper Fan (to pair with Fireboard Fan Driver Cable)
        Pit Viper Fan new design (to pair with Fireboard Fan Driver Cable)
        Thermoworks Thermapen MK5 (pink)
        Thermoworks Thermapen MK4 (pink too)
        Thermoworks Temp Test 2 Smart Thermometer
        Thermoworks Extra Big and Loud Timer
        Thermoworks Timestick Trio
        Maverick ET 73 a little workhorse with limited range
        Maverick ET 733
        Maverick (Ivation) ET 732

Grill Pinz
        Vortex (two of them)

Two Joule Sous Vide devices
        VacMaster Pro 350 Vacuum Sealer
        Instant Pot 6 Quart Electric Pressure Cooker
        Instant Pot 10 Quart Electric Pressure Cooker
        Charcoal Companion TurboQue
        A-Maze-N tube 12 inch tube smoker accessory for use with pellets

BBQ Dragon and Dragon Chimney

Shun Classic 8" Chef's Knife
        Shun Classic 6" Chef's Knife
        Shun Classic Gokujo Boning and Fillet Knife
        Shun Classic 3 1/2 inch Paring Knife

We're going to Disney World in a couple of weeks. Staying at the Contemporary with the park pa$$ and the full meal plan. The 3 year old granddaughter will celebrate her birthday there in full Disney Princess style. She may not remember it when she grows up but the parents and grandmoms will.

My husband hates Disney World. Bringing him, I tell him, is like dragging a huge wet blanket through the Magic Kingdom. He used to play golf there instead on the few times he'd accompany us. This time he will happily stay home and watch football.

But you're right, PaulstheRibList , some of the best meals we have had were at Cinderella's castle. I hope you come up with a killer recipe for that pork shank and share it with us.

FishTalesNC, haven't tried Ohana's. I'll look into it if it's not already booked.

Over the years, I took my daughter to Disney World or Disneyland every other year from the time she was 3 until she graduated high school. It was our mom/daughter getaway and we loved every minute. We worked those Orlando and California theme parks and all the rides, for sure!

Kathryn
      Last edited by fzxdoc; September 17, 2019, 07:28 AM.

Comment

• fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        Old Glory , hubby has been to EPCOT. He liked that, but my daughter and I needed to work the entire park over a few days, so he bailed on anything not EPCOT and played golf instead.

FishTalesNC , we're going to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. I'm sewing a Belle costume for the Little Princess as we speak. Or maybe she'll wear the Snow White Costume I sewed for her Mom back in the day.

Mosca , we've stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge too. Loved it!

K.

• bardsleyque
        bardsleyque commented
        Editing a comment
        Kathryn I don't golf either,but I just don't get disney

• PaulstheRibList
        Editing a comment
        Love it! We haven't tried Ohana's, but my daughter did and loved it.
    • Troutman
      Club Member
      • Aug 2017

• OUTDOOR COOKERS

BBQ ACCESSORIES

WOOD & PELLET PREFERENCES

SOUS VIDE

INDOOR COOKWARE

Yep PaulstheRibList smoke them and either do a classic braise in the oven or braise them in foil on the smoker. All shanks, be they lamb, pork or beef, can be treated the same way. Good luck with your recipe !!!

Name:	lamb braise 03.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	5.85 MB
ID:	744684

Comment

• mountainsmoker
        mountainsmoker commented
        Editing a comment
        That is a gorgeous shank. It looks to be served on a bed of mushroom risotto with carrots from the braising liquid.

• PaulstheRibList
        Editing a comment
        So pretty!!
    • Mosca
      Charter Member
      • Oct 2014
      • PA
      • Large Big Green Egg, Weber Performer Deluxe, Weber Smokey Joe Silver, Maverick 732, DigiQ, and too much other stuff to mention.

Locally The Anthracite Cafe (home of Bacon Week every February) does them, occasionally, as a special. They call them Texas Hawg Wings. They serve them much the same as mountainsmoker does, over puréed potatoes with appropriate vegetables.

Comment

• PaulstheRibList
        Founding Member
        • Jul 2014
        • Lake Charles, LA
        • Started Low-N-Slow BBQ in 2012. Obviously, it's taken hold (in chronological order:
          3.) #WhoDat1, a HUGE Gravity Fed Insulated Cabinet Smoker (cooking chamber 3'x2'x6')
          10.) 26 foot BBQ Vending Trailer equipped with HUGE Myron Mixon 72xc smoker is HERE, Oct 2016!
          12.) Austin Smoke Works 500 Gallon Propane Tank Offset Smoker, named "Lucille" as travel pit for PaulsRibShack, Oct 2018.
          12.) Opening Brick & Mortar location at 4800 Nelson Rd, Spring 2019. Had a pair of 1,000 Gallon Austin Smoke Works pits, both in RibShackRed for our new place!

Fabulous Backlit Thermapens, several Maverick Remote Thermometers (don't use any remotes anymore), Thermoworks Smoke, Other Thermoworks toys, Vacuum sealer, lots and lots of equipment...

I have #theRibList where I keep a list of new and old friends and whenever I'm cooking, I make 1 to 20 extra and share the joy.

Well, we pulled it off, our first Fine Dining Signature Dinner at Paul's Rib Shack Barbecue! We did it in conjunction with my eldest daughters business, MagicalMoments,us, her Princess Party Business. It was last weekend, the debut of Frozen 2. So, she planned for the Ice Princess and the Snow Queen to host a Character Dining Experience on Sunday Night. I was to provide the special Signature Meal for the guests.

I remember that fantastic Pork Shank from our vacation and knew that it would fit the bill. I just pictured what sort of meal would be on a Queen't Table 500 years ago, and Smoked Pork Shank with Apple Glaze over a Mashed Root Vegtables mash, topped with Roasted Root Vegtables would be just right!

So, we ordered 80 Pork Shanks. That's not the simplest thing. Luckily, we have a real slaughterhouse about an hour away. I went over on the Tuesday before to pick up a few so we could test. I didn't get to the testing until the day before, and it took much of my day to get the test done.

We don't have any plates or silverware at the restaurant, but we do have Texas-style aluminum trays. I didn't put the butcher paper down, but it was adequate for our test plate!
        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1890.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.61 MB ID:	774579

This is Hannah, the Crown Princess, with Sam, who you all have seen many times, and Silas, a new and fantastic addition to our crew!

We did a Root Vegetable Mash of Sweet Potato, Rutabaga, Butternut Squash, then a roasted root vegtable with all of those plus Parsnip, Carrot and Jimica. It was fantastic!

For the practice, I just boiled the vegggis for the mash. For the final meal, I Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1889.JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.88 MB ID:	774578

Test #1: Thursday.
        Skin on, did 4 shanks with 1, Salt and pepper, 2, Pork Rub, 3, Beef Rub, 4 Salt, Pepper, Onion garlic.

Smoked for about 6 hours in an open half pan at 275. Were pretty tender, but the skin was a big hurdle, way to hard. Can't remember if I lidded the pan or not?

Test #2, Saturday. Salt & Pepper, no skin

Smoked for 2.5 hours at 275, then put in some "brazing liquid" of chicken stock and covered the pan. Put on the top rack on the big stickburner and let ride for 4 more hours or so. Were probe tender at around 200 degrees. Were tender and flavorful. It's a go!

The tests went well, so on Saturday Night, Sam and Silas and I removed the skin and much of the silverskin beneath. This was a little bit of work for each. Salt and Peppered and put in the cooler.

I arrived before church on Sunday, lit the fire and put the shanks on. Oh the glory!
        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1892.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.73 MB ID:	774587
        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1893.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.35 MB ID:	774585
        This is right after church, about 90 minutes in I think.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1895.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.09 MB ID:	774586

It was a full day. They fellas arrived about 3 and we got to work getting the vegtables skinned, diced and cooknig. Dinner is served at 5:30 and we had zero minutes to spare.

Did I mention that we didn't have plates and flatware and such? Well, I ordered black plates, flatware and glasses. It took much of the afternoon getting that setup, and I had hoped to be further along with the veggie and prep, but we weren't. Just keep working!
        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1920.JPG Views:	0 Size:	3.36 MB ID:	774584
        Oh, and we did a salad. House made vinaigrette tossed on a baby spinach and spring mix, house made candied pecans, caramelized pear on a granny smith apple slice, with Goat cheese crumble and pomegranate seeds. It was pretty and tasty!

Name:	IMG_1906.jpeg
Views:	247
Size:	3.18 MB
ID:	774589
        It's plating time!!! The pressure it real, so you just keep solving problems and working!
        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1915.JPG Views:	0 Size:	3.07 MB ID:	774588
        Then it happens...Yeah!!!
        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1927.JPG Views:	0 Size:	2.82 MB ID:	774582

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1928.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.92 MB ID:	774583

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1913.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.22 MB ID:	774580

Attached Files
        Last edited by PaulstheRibList; November 29, 2019, 11:57 PM.

Comment

• PaulstheRibList
          Founding Member
          • Jul 2014
          • Lake Charles, LA

Then the Magic happened, the Ice Queen and Snow Princess showed up! The little Princesses were in awe! The event went fantastic!

Well, the food service could have been faster. It was plenty fast for a fine dining, 90 minutes or so, but the little Princesses were so amped up at the beginning, and their tanks emptied fast and some were cross after an hour or so. The Princesses went to each table, interacted with the little girls and took pictures. It was magical!!!

Name:	IMG_1902.JPG
Views:	204
Size:	1.41 MB
ID:	774595

Name:	IMG_1903.JPG
Views:	202
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	774594

Name:	IMG_1944.JPG
Views:	200
Size:	1.26 MB
ID:	774592
          Hannah planned the whole thing, and I'm so proud! She's fantastic in every way! #ProudDaddy #MagicalMoments
          Attached Files

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
            Jerod Broussard commented
            Editing a comment
            Hmmm, seems like I heard road noise not too long ago en route to get practice shanks.

• PaulstheRibList
            Editing a comment
            Roger that, my friend @Jerod!! Thanks for your help!
        • holehogg
          Club Member
          • Nov 2017
          • Port Elizabeth, South Africa

You guy's never fail to impress.

Comment

• Greygoose
          Club Member
          • May 2019
          • South Shore,MA

Now that is one multifaceted rib shack I would say !!!!
          Awesome job pulling that off in fine style .

Comment

• Nate
            Former Member
            • Apr 2015
            • Quarantined

Absolutely delicious looking cook!

Comment

• barelfly
              Club Member
              • Dec 2017
              • New Mexico

I love everything bout this! The food for one, but the business idea as well! So cool!

excellent job!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse

Meat-Up in Memphis 2021

Join us in Memphis for our Meat-Up! Space is limited to 400, secure your spot by booking early!
              Click here for details. (https://amazingribs.com/memphis)
              See more
              See less
              Working...
              X
              Meat-Up in Memphis

T-Shirts & More T-Shirts & More
              Order men's and women's T-Shirts, Sweatshirts, Aprons, Mugs, Caps, Tote Bags, Flasks, and more, all imprinted with the Pitmaster Club logo. There's even a spiral bound journal where you can make notes on your cooks.

Cool Embroidered Shirt Cool Embroidered Shirt
              This beautifully embroidered shirt is the same one Meathead wears in public and on TV. It's wash and wear and doesn't need ironing (really!), but it is a soft cottonlike feel. Choice of four colors and both men's and women's.

Click here for more info.

Support ARC

Many merchants pay us a small referral fee when you click our links and purchase from them. On Amazon it works on everything from grills to diapers, they never tell us what you bought, and it has zero impact on the price you pay, but has a major impact on our ability to improve this site! And remember, we only recommend products we love. If you like AmazingRibs.com, please save this link and use it every time you go to Amazon.

https://tinyurl.com/amazingribs

Placeholder

Spotlight

These are not ads or paid placements. These Are Some Of Our Favorite Tools And Toys.

These are products we have tested, won our top awards, and are highly recommend. Click here to read how we test, about our medals, and what they mean.

Use our links when you buy things

Many merchants pay us a small referral fee when you click our links and purchase from them. On Amazon it works on everything from grills to diapers, they never tell us what you bought, it has zero impact on the price you pay, but has a major impact on our ability to improve this site! If you like AmazingRibs.com, please save this link and use it every time you go to Amazon

https://tinyurl.com/amazingribs

If you have a Weber Kettle, you need the Slow 'N' Sear

Placeholder

The Slow 'N' Sear turns your grill into a first class smoker and also creates an extremely hot sear zone you can use to create steakhouse steaks.

Click here for our article on this breakthrough tool

The Good-One Is A Superb Grill And A Superb Smoker All In One

Placeholder

The Good-One Open Range is dramatically different from a traditional offset smoker. By placing the heat source behind and under the smokebox instead of off to the side, Open Range produces even temperature from left to right, something almost impossible to achieve with a standard barrel shaped offset.

Click here to read our complete review

Griddle And Deep Fryer In One

Placeholder

The flat top does the burgers and the fryer does the fries. Use the griddle for bacon, eggs, and home fries. Or pancakes, fajitas, grilled cheese, you name it. Why stink up the house deep frying and spatter all over? Do your fried chicken and calamari outside. Blackstone's Rangetop Combo With Deep Fryer does it all!

Click here to read our detailed review and to order

The Pit Barrel Cooker May Be Too Easy

Placeholder

The PBC has a rabid cult following for good reason. It is absolutely positively without a doubt the best bargain on a smoker in the world. Period. This baby will cook circles around the cheap offset sideways barrel smokers because temperature control is so much easier.

Click here to read our detailed review and the raves from people who own them

The Undisputed Champion!

Placeholder

The Thermoworks Thermapen MK4 is considered by the pros, and our team, to be the single best instant read thermometer. The MK4 includes features that are common on high-end instruments: automatic backlight and rotating display. Don't accept cheap substitutes.

Click here to read our comprehensive Platinum Medal review

Grilla Pellet Smoker proves good things come in small packages

Placeholder

We always liked Grilla. The small 31.5" x 29.5" footprint makes it ideal for use where BBQ space is limited, as on a condo patio.

Click here for our review on this unique smoker

Delta by Nuke,
              Stylish and Affordable
              Gaucho Grill

Placeholder

Delta by Nuke burns wood or charcoal and comes with an adjustable height grill grate. This Argentinian grill will get your flame on!

Genesis II E-335 
              A Versatile Gasser That Does It All!

Placeholder

Weber’s Genesis line has long been one of the most popular choices for gas grillers. The new Genesis II E-335 offers solid performance, a sear burner for sizzling heat and an excellent warranty.

GrillGrates Take Gas Grills To The Infrared Zone

Placeholder

GrillGrates(TM) amplify heat, prevent flareups, make flipping foods easier, kill hotspots, flip over to make a fine griddle, and can be easily rmoved from one grill to another. You can even throw wood chips, pellets, or sawdust between the rails and deliver a quick burst of smoke.

Click here for more about what makes these grates so special

Is This Superb Charcoal Grill A Kamado Killer?

Placeholder

The PK-360, with 360 square inches of cooking space, this rust free, cast aluminum charcoal grill is durable and easy to use. Four-way venting means it's easy to set up for two zone cooking with more control than single vent Kamado grills. It is beautifully designed, completely portable, and much easier to set up for 2-zone cooking than any round kamado.

Click here to read our detailed review of the PK 360

Click here to order directly and get an exclusive AmazingRibs.com deal

Our Favorite Backyard Smoker

Placeholder

The amazing Karubecue is the most innovative smoker in the world. The quality of meat from this machine is astonishing. At its crux is a patented firebox that burns logs above the cooking chamber and sucks heat and extremely clean blue smoke into the thermostat controlled oven. It is our favorite smoker, period.

Click here for our review of this superb smoker

Masterbuilt MPS 340/G ThermoTemp XL Propane Smoker

Placeholder

This is the first propane smoker with a thermostat, making this baby foolproof. Set ThermoTemp's dial from 175° to 350°F and the thermostat inside will adjust the burner just like an indoor kitchen oven. All you need to do is add wood to the tray above the burner to start smokin'.

Click here to read our detailed review

Digital Thermometers Are Your Most Valuable Tool And Here's A Great Buy!

Placeholder

A good digital thermometer keeps you from serving dry overcooked food or dangerously undercooked food. They are much faster and much more accurate than dial thermometers. YOU NEED ONE!

Click here to read our complete review

Track Up To Six Temperatures At Once

Placeholder

FireBoard Drive 2 is an updated version of a well-received product that sets the standard for performance and functionality in the wireless food thermometer/thermostatic controller class.

Click here for our review of this unique device

The Cool Kettle With The Hinged Hood We Always Wanted

Placeholder

Napoleon's NK22CK-C Charcoal Kettle Grill puts a few spins on the familiar kettle design. In fact, the hinged lid with a handle on the front, spins in a rotary motion 180 degrees. It's hard to beat a Weber kettle, but Napoleon holds its own and adds some unique features to make the NK22CK-C a viable alternative.

Click here for more about what makes this grill special

Finally, A Great Portable Pellet Smoker

Placeholder

Green Mountain's portable Davy Crockett Pellet Smoker is one mean tailgating and picnic machine. But it's also gaining popularity with people who want to add a small, set it and forget it pellet smoker to their backyard arsenal. And with their WiFi capabilities you can control and monitor Davy Crocket from your smart phone or laptop.

Click here to read our detailed review and to order